ESPN CFB Page | The Boneyard

ESPN CFB Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There's no AAC drop down in the "COLLEGE FOOTBALL BLOG NETWORK" like there used to be for the Big East. This is unfortunate. We are officially in a minor league conference. As bad as the Big East was perception wise at least we were listed among the big boy conferences. I hope we stay relevant till the next round of expansion. We are now on the outside looking in.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Expected. Glad ESPN is giving us exposure instead of cash.

Calibrate your ESPN3. I am cautiously waiting for the SNY schedule for the road games.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Give it time. Hopefully, being an ESPN property, they will give us a little help brand building.

Reaction Score
I agree, probably not but I think ESPN may actually try to raise up the AAC since they own it for peanuts. If they can pump it up some they are then getting a good product for next to nothing. All they need to do is call a meeting and say "let's raise the profile of the AAC" and it is as good as done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that rather than pay everyone else a billion dollars, they might try to create some value on the cheap. The audience will believe whatever ESPN feeds it.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Give it time. Hopefully, being an ESPN property, they will give us a little help brand building.
Right. I thought that since we are tied to ESPN, more so then the other B-leaguers we'd still have our own blog on ESPN. Maybe they are just working on transitioning now... i mean they haven't added Pitt and Cuse to the ACC blog yet, so maybe there's hope.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Right. I thought that since we are tied to ESPN, more so then the other B-leaguers we'd still have our own blog on ESPN. Maybe they are just working on transitioning now... i mean they haven't added Pitt and Cuse to the ACC blog yet, so maybe there's hope.
Isn't the MAC an ESPN property? Haven't seen them do anything for them except give them those awesome Tuesday and Wednesday game slots! I'm not holding my breath here...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My own personal march towards "if it's not UConn, it's " is rapidly turning into a sprint. I imagine this is how soccer fans in England feel when they support smaller revenue clubs and turn against the Premier League.

Reaction Score
The MAC isn't a product that has any chance of mainstream success. The AAC has some actual national brands and full size stadiums/arenas. Not even Espn could convince the public that the MAC is real football.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
The MAC isn't a product that has any chance of mainstream success. The AAC has some actual national brands and full size stadiums/arenas. Not even Espn could convince the public that the MAC is real football.
Outside of UConn and Cincy, we're close to that level. I agree the conference is above it but not lightyears.

Reaction Score
There's no AAC drop down in the "COLLEGE FOOTBALL BLOG NETWORK" like there used to be for the Big East. This is unfortunate. We are officially in a minor league conference. As bad as the Big East was perception wise at least we were listed among the big boy conferences. I hope we stay relevant till the next round of expansion. We are now on the outside looking in.
Not trying to flame but what did you honestly expect? You don't lose 3 (soon to be 5) major programs and replace them with Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, UCF, and Temple and not expect a dropoff in perception. The media isn't wrong when they call the AAC a mid major conference, are they? The old Big East had enough problems with being labeled a mid major conference from 2005-2012. WVU and Louisville shut them up temporarily by winning three straight BC S games in 06, 07, and 08, then Cincinnati and UConn went 0-3 with a combined score of 119-51 before WVU and Louisville won two more.

UConn and Cincinnati had just as much of a chance to prove the doubters wrong as WVU and Louisville did but you blew it.

Reaction Score
UConn and Cincinnati had just as much of a chance to prove the doubters wrong as WVU and Louisville did but you blew it.
Problem in that game was the QB. Oh well.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Is there a way to block users from TapaTalk? I need to use the feature thanks to the influx of people who like to come to our board and be worthless with crap like these statements.

Reaction Score
I am continually astonished at the presence of fans from former Big East schools on our Board. We no longer have anything substantive in common with them, they have won & we have lost, at least to this point. They, along with the McMurphy's of this world seem to feel a need to keep shoving it the face of UCONN. I really do not understand why... If its out of a sense of wanting to be cruel, then they ought to really find something better to do with their time. I for one am sick and tired of reading a Rutgers, Louisville, or Orange fan post anything on the Boneyard. Makes me not even want to bother following.

We know we lost, we know we're doomed. You can all go F yourselves, and when we defy all the haters and win another national championship next year you can all choke on it.

Reaction Score
Is there a way to block users from TapaTalk? I need to use the feature thanks to the influx of people who like to come to our board and be worthless with crap like these statements.

Exactly...

Reaction Score
Outside of UConn and Cincy, we're close to that level. I agree the conference is above it but not lightyears.

You are being a bit negative. The MAC schools don't have the facilities or national names that AAC teams do. Even ECU packs a big stadium despite being a no name brand. Tulane is the only school I really question in terms of being able to make a leap. SMU, Houston, UCONN, Cincy, Navy, USF and UCF all have much more to work with.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I am continually astonished at the presence of fans from former Big East schools on our Board. We no longer have anything substantive in common with them, they have won & we have lost, at least to this point. They, along with the McMurphy's of this world seem to feel a need to keep shoving it the face of UCONN. I really do not understand why... If its out of a sense of wanting to be cruel, then they ought to really find something better to do with their time. I for one am sick and tired of reading a Rutgers, Louisville, or Orange fan post anything on the Boneyard. Makes me not even want to bother following.

We know we lost, we know we're doomed. You can all go F yourselves, and when we defy all the haters and win another national championship next year you can all choke on it.

That's one of the reasons you know we belong in a major conference. We have an awful lot of visitors. UCONN is a major program.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Big East blog was discontinued and Adelson was re-assigned to the ACC blog.

Reaction Score
That's one of the reasons you know we belong in a major conference. We have an awful lot of visitors. UCONN is a major program.
Yeah, but i feel more like a zoo animal with all these dbags gawking at us and either laughing or showing us pity. I resent either.

Reaction Score
... and it appears that AAC member schools are attempting to occupy the Stanford blog in response:

http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-fo...hil-steele-picks-oregon-usc-in-pac-12#comment

It's actually pretty funny (the #occupystanford) - not the elimination of the AAC blog.

The movement has spread to the SEC blog where there is more traffic... LMAO. ESPN was trying to delete the comments on the Stanford Blog.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/65928/ranking-the-sec-quarterbacks-4#comment

Reaction Score
Not trying to flame but what did you honestly expect? You don't lose 3 (soon to be 5) major programs and replace them with Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, UCF, and Temple and not expect a dropoff in perception. The media isn't wrong when they call the AAC a mid major conference, are they? The old Big East had enough problems with being labeled a mid major conference from 2005-2012. WVU and Louisville shut them up temporarily by winning three straight BC S games in 06, 07, and 08, then Cincinnati and UConn went 0-3 with a combined score of 119-51 before WVU and Louisville won two more.

Googling ‘Rick Pitino’ and ‘Porcini' redefines the concept of ‘Blew it.’

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Everyone go to the SEC lunchtime links to protest tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Not going to lie. This is pretty funny. Our conference mates are repping well on the Stanford and SEC blogs. We need a unified hashtag for the comments and for twitter. Only Junglehusky and I have used #OccupyESPN so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom