ESPN & CFB is overrun with bias, hypocrisy, and corruption | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN & CFB is overrun with bias, hypocrisy, and corruption

Reaction Score
ESPN bowl game predictions...

AAC 6-1

Predicts UCF will lose to Auburn by 9.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
College Football is an ATM, it has very little to do with competition.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing that they already play too many games. Yet, there are 3 games or so that are cupcake city during the season. Cut a week back and expand to an 8 team playoff. But what about the lost revenue for other teams, etc - well, just add an NIT style for the next 8. You could rotate these game through various bowl sites to meet those demands. I know this will never, ever happen - but had to write it anyway.

As far as the AAC, Mountain West and others - when it comes to scheduling, try your best to fill a few of those cupcake slots with top-tier P5 competition - not Maryland - and prove it on the field. You run the risk of not making a bowl game at all by stacking up losses...but it could be worth the risk if you run the table like UCF did.

Regardless, I look forward to the UCF - Auburn game. I just wish Frost was there to coach it. (And, It's funny that the AAC can't get much respect yet the coaching placements from the AAC is ridiculous - Texas, Oregon, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Baylor...I'm sure I'm missing some but the list is crazy).

Reaction Score
Good luck with that. SEC outside of LSU only schedules cupcakes, guaranteed wins that they can play at home. The only way anyone in the G5 can even sniff a game with someone at the top of the "P5" is if the NCAA eliminates the rule that one win against an FCS school counts towards bowl eligibility or you get lucky and play them at their home in September.

Alabama opened the season playing Florida State (ranked #3 at the time). Florida opened with Michigan (ranked #11 at the time), Auburn played at Clemson (#3) in their second game and Georgia played Notre Dame in its second game. I don’t think it’s fair to say that the top SEC schools only schedule cupcakes.

Reaction Score
If I'm a sure fire first rounder I'm not playing 3-4 playoff games unless I'm getting paid

Reaction Score
If I'm a sure fire first rounder I'm not playing 3-4 playoff games unless I'm getting paid
Great. All the more reason these top flight teams shouldn't be a lock. If you don't play your best players, you don't deserve to be there.

Reaction Score
Alabama opened the season playing Florida State (ranked #3 at the time). Florida opened with Michigan (ranked #11 at the time), Auburn played at Clemson (#3) in their second game and Georgia played Notre Dame in its second game. I don’t think it’s fair to say that the top SEC schools only schedule cupcakes.

Ok then let's see any of the southern teams travel to Michigan in November or to New York or anywhere that has a temperature below 40 degrees.

Reaction Score
Ok then let's see any of the southern teams travel to Michigan in November or to New York or anywhere that has a temperature below 40 degrees.

Many teams play their out of conference games at the start of the season, with maybe one cupcake at home toward the end of the season so their injured players can rest up before the last 2-3 games. When your conference is in the south the games you play at the end of the year will be other southern schools in your conference.

Reaction Score
Actually that’s a perfect example of why Strength of schedule is a bogus metric. FSU was nowhere near #3 Michigan nowhere near #11 and ND NOT TOP 10. But the my guess is that each of the other teams got extra points for beating badly over rated teams. FSU Michigan and ND will always be pretty highly ranked to open the season. Even if they aren’t that good.

Reaction Score
Many teams play their out of conference games at the start of the season, with maybe one cupcake at home toward the end of the season so their injured players can rest up before the last 2-3 games. When your conference is in the south the games you play at the end of the year will be other southern schools in your conference.
It also puffs up their ratings points as Florida blows out Helen Keller SOB

Reaction Score
Big 12 will fold as 9 out of 10 will get absorbed by SEC (Baylor & TCU) PAC 12 (Texas, TT, OU & OkSt), B1G (Kansas & KSU) and the ACC (WVU).
Folks in ACC, B1G, SEC, and Pac12 are all throwing up a little in their mouths.

Reaction Score
The "find any loophole to make a buck" way of doing things finally catching up...

Reaction Score
UCF/Auburn is the only game that matters to UConn. A close game makes a good argument that the AAC should have been higher ranked. If Auburn smacks UCF. The committee has a point.

But....if UCF beats Auburn..... then the AAC commissioner needs to go ballistic. He needs to use language that curls the wallpaper. And he should do it all year long.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But Pal, been there done that. They already have the excuses lined up. They couldn't get up for the game, still disappointed about not getting in the playoff...

Reaction Score
Actually that’s a perfect example of why Strength of schedule is a bogus metric. FSU was nowhere near #3 Michigan nowhere near #11 and ND NOT TOP 10. But the my guess is that each of the other teams got extra points for beating badly over rated teams. FSU Michigan and ND will always be pretty highly ranked to open the season. Even if they aren’t that good.

Strength of schedule would be legitimate if there were no pre or early season rankings.

Reaction Score
But Pal, been there done that. They already have the excuses lined up. They couldn't get up for the game, still disappointed about not getting in the playoff...
He would still have to do it. And he can add in the Houston beat down of FSU as topping.

I think if UCF beats Auburn, it's hug.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom