ESPN cannot be better off with their CBB lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN cannot be better off with their CBB lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There becomes no point to fouling if you can't get the ball back.

Right, that skipped my mind. Seems like a pretty radical change, though I am in agreement that there is a problem.

Reaction Score
If you read it again, he calls CBS, ESPN, and ESPN2 national broadcasts. He says ESPNU and CBSSN are as irrelevant as FS1 is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Thankfully, the networks rarely force UConn fans to their tablets or computers, but yes, I'd watch UConn on Fox.

But, you can't look at the ratings for some of these games and think that even the conference's core fan base is finding the right channel on a regular basis - when you have games that have audiences in the four-digit range, you have an issue.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You know, one way to get the C7 schools on ESPN more under the old contract was BE GOOD AT BASKETBALL but I guess punting and shacking up with a 4-digit operation is another way.

zls44

Reaction Score

Add what? The only programming they can add is the Big Ten, and if they do that...well, if you thought you got poor treatment by ESPN, wait until your entire schedule is on FS0.0002.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
To cure the ugly endings of games, why not call those fouls that are intentional, intentional fouls?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You know, one way to get the C7 schools on ESPN more under the old contract was BE GOOD AT BASKETBALL but I guess punting and shacking up with a 4-digit operation is another way.

Providence basketball makes more from their TV contract than our entire athletic program does from its TV deal. Somehow, I don't feel like ESPN is doing us a favor by letting us give our games to them for free.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sigh.

Big Monday still exists. We're just not on it.

The Big East is dead because ESPN wanted to protect their house brand.

ESPN is fine - they're paying us less than they're paying Jay Bilas.

PS - ESPN owns the SEC Network, so....

The funny thing is that ESPN actually has no other content than the AAC for several nights of the week, yet we still don't get paid squat.

Reaction Score

Top league in the country!!! I Think I've only missed three four games televised in FS1 all season long (I watch em live or DVR them). i never been so invested on a conference before (not even the Old Big East because not all games were nationally televised like they are now). FS1 really allows you to pretty much catch every Big East game. it has been impressive so far this conference season.

It only helps that FS1 started a new "Inside the Big East" show every sunday and now they also have an hour long radio show dedicated to the B.E... the competition is heavy and I'm glad Fox Sports is fully dedicated to make this 10 year experiment work.

Looks like the B.E can get 7 bids come March

Before they bash me here: I still love Connecticut, but I appreciate Northeast College Basketball (as I said countless times before) and would hate for it to die. It would hurt everyone at the end of the day. Best of luck to the B.E teams and I hope Connecticut can join them (and beat them) this March...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even a minor fix like the double bonus being one shot and the ball would be a huge improvement.

Easy FIX! I wouldn't mind it (only after double bonues). It would keep players from fouling so much in the first place...

zls44

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The funny thing is that ESPN actually has no other content than the AAC for several nights of the week, yet we still don't get paid squat.

So those Big XII games after the AAC on Tuesdays/Thursdays don't count. OK.

zls44

Reaction Score
BE having a good year but the Big XII is miles ahead of everyone.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm in a minority - but the end of games is killing the sport in my mind.

Even a minor fix like the double bonus being one shot and the ball would be a huge improvement.

Wouldn't that make for more fouling? Why take a chance on a player making 2 points when fouling only allows 1? Yes it still gives the fouled team a chance since they get the ball, but still.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
In football there is an option to decline the penalty.

How about, giving a team the option of inbounding the ball, instead of taking the shots.

Then there would be a fresh 35 seconds, plus the ball.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
There becomes no point to fouling if you can't get the ball back.

Yes, but that would really increase the cost of a foul. I would rather see the fouled team get an option -- either 2 shots, or the ball back with a fresh shot clock.

UPDATE: Didn't realize until after I posted that prankster had the same idea. Great minds ...

Reaction Score
Top league in the country!!! I Think I've only missed three four games televised in FS1 all season long (I watch em live or DVR them). i never been so invested on a conference before (not even the Old Big East because not all games were nationally televised like they are now). FS1 really allows you to pretty much catch every Big East game. it has been impressive so far this conference season.

It only helps that FS1 started a new "Inside the Big East" show every sunday and now they also have an hour long radio show dedicated to the B.E... the competition is heavy and I'm glad Fox Sports is fully dedicated to make this 10 year experiment work.

Before they bash me here: I still love Connecticut, but I appreciate Northeast College Basketball (as I said countless times before) and would hate for it to die. It would hurt everyone at the end of the day. Best of luck to the B.E teams and I hope Connecticut can join them (and beat them) this March...

I get your enthusiasm for the Big East, but half the conference schools aren't even in the northeast.

I grew up watching the Big East in the 80s- it's what got me interested in college basketball.

The current conference will have some mini renaissances here and there, but northeast college basketball is no longer a tangible entity, sadly.

I'm definitely curious, though. I understand Seton Hall is having it's best year in quite a while and St. Johns seems competitive, but other than Georgetown and Villanova, who are solid bball programs, have you honestly enjoyed watching, say, a Providence vs Seton Hall game in recent memory?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, but that would really increase the cost of a foul. I would rather see the fouled team get an option -- either 2 shots, or the ball back with a fresh shot clock.

UPDATE: Didn't realize until after I posted that prankster had the same idea. Great minds ...

They will always take the free throws though.

Reaction Score

Not sure there is a bigger fraud on the board than you, maybe WEareUConn, but it is close.

What is your handle on the PC board?

And if you think the NBE is the best league in the country, well I have some land down in Florida to sell you.........

zls44

Reaction Score
KenPom:

upload_2015-1-9_20-44-36.png

Reaction Score
Not sure there is a bigger fraud on the board than you, maybe WEareUConn, but it is close.

What is your handle on the PC board?

And if you think the NBE is the best league in the country, well I have some land down in Florida to sell you....

lol

any board that you see me i go by the same handle : ecasadoSBU

Stony Brook pride!! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members