ESPN Cancels "SportsNation," Will Move "High Noon" To Afternoon Slot | The Boneyard

ESPN Cancels "SportsNation," Will Move "High Noon" To Afternoon Slot

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What's a "sports" show anyway? I only watch the actual sports with respect to tv. For chatter/analysis its radio or the web for moi.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Moi aussi. Which reminds me I miss Aussie rules football. Better than any of the snide screamer shows.

I would watch that and badminton about one million times before watching a sports talk show. I’m sure ESPN knows what makes money, but badminton is awesome and these shows suck.

Reaction Score
ESPN has a show titled High Noon that will now air at 4:00. How little do you care about a product if you can't be bothered to come up with a logical name for it? I mean I didn't even know this show existed until I read this article. How much brand awareness even exists for this show? At this point ESPN should air live sports, Sports Center, and fill in the gaps with old reruns of strong man competitions and 1970's bowling tournaments.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
ESPN has a show titled High Noon that will now air at 4:00. How little do you care about a product if you can't be bothered to come up with a logical name for it? I mean I didn't even know this show existed until I read this article. How much brand awareness even exists for this show? At this point ESPN should air live sports, Sports Center, and fill in the gaps with old reruns of strong man competitions and 1970's bowling tournaments.

You're not far from wrong. The days of anyone spending time watching these gab fests on TV is long gone. I honestly believe they'd get better ratings show repeat games from the night before rather than these shows.

ESPN has been around my entire teenage and adult life. I watch less of it now than ever. I know exactly two shows- Sports Center on TV and Golic and Wingo (Because it replaced Mike and Mike).

Reaction Score
You're not far from wrong. The days of anyone spending time watching these gab fests on TV is long gone. I honestly believe they'd get better ratings show repeat games from the night before rather than these shows.

ESPN has been around my entire teenage and adult life. I watch less of it now than ever. I know exactly two shows- Sports Center on TV and Golic and Wingo (Because it replaced Mike and Mike).
I'd bang my head against the wall for 12 hours straight before I sat through 10 minutes of Mike and Mike. The absolute worst windbags ever.

Reaction Score
Know it's not ESPN but I did enjoy watching Mike & The Mad Dog on YES.
Mike & The Mad Dog on the FAN were awesome together, especially because they were both incredibly knowledgeable about many sports and very entertaining. That was a great show. espn simply tried to recreate a great recipe with a scripted commercial filled dialogue which was just awful.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd bang my head against the wall for 12 hours straight before I sat through 10 minutes of Mike and Mike. The absolute worst windbags ever.
Mike and wingo is somehow even worse.

Don't listen to ESPN radio for their talking heads. Just knew the name Mike and Mike because it existed for 20 years.

Supposedly Greenies new show is a ratings disaster and a money pit.

I understand Greenberg wanted to try something new and try flying on his own. But he's getting some serious humble pie learning he can't carry a show. A perfect example of a #2 pitcher being tossed a ton of cash to be the ace of a staff.

Nature vs Nurture. All the money and studio production can't lift him above his talent level.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Don't listen to ESPN radio for their talking heads. Just knew the name Mike and Mike because it existed for 20 years.

Supposedly Greenies new show is a ratings disaster and a money pit.

I understand Greenberg wanted to try something new and try flying on his own. But he's getting some serious humble pie learning he can't carry a show. A perfect example of a #2 pitcher being tossed a ton of cash to be the ace of a staff.

Nature vs Nurture. All the money and studio production can't lift him above his talent level.
What's odd is that he was the professional on Mike and Mike, Golic still hasn't learned how to host a show on his own, he needs someone else with him always. Why anyone would want to watch a talk show with Greenberg and Jalen Rose is a head scratcher.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What's odd is that he was the professional on Mike and Mike, Golic still hasn't learned how to host a show on his own, he needs someone else with him always. Why anyone would want to watch a talk show with Greenberg and Jalen Rose is a head scratcher.

Something about the whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

You're correct in that usually it's the jock that dries up when the geek and jock duo break up.

Golic has enough lunch pail working guy cred to keep listeners. Blue collar Cleveland guy, who goes full yacht rock with NDU. His kids are insufferable on the air.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would watch that and badminton about one million times before watching a sports talk show. I’m sure ESPN knows what makes money, but badminton is awesome and these shows suck.
Yep, I've watched probably 2hrs of badminton this year and less than 5 mins of any of these shows including the grand daddy - sports center.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Chin Diesel, post: 2807819, member: His kids are insufferable on the air.[/QUOTE]

Worse than their father. Hard to believe that is possible.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Chin Diesel, post: 2807819, member: His kids are insufferable on the air.

Worse than their father. Hard to believe that is possible.[/QUOTE]
You could sign up any 20-something dude in your neighborhood and probably get a better personality and more insights. Don't tell me his other kids are also getting on the air?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Moi aussi. Which reminds me I miss Aussie rules football. Better than any of the snide screamer shows.
FWIW, they have a Footy game of the week on FS2. The rest they put on Fox Soccer Plus.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You're not far from wrong. The days of anyone spending time watching these gab fests on TV is long gone.

I only watch the parts when they're saying good things about teams I like.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I only watch the parts when they're saying good things about teams I like.

That's what Twitter, Instagram and FB are good for doing.

I can see/hear the stuff I want and ignore the rest- including ads.

I listen to this stuff in the car on XM only because car companies are too cheap to put video on my windscreen so I could watch something I enjoy. They put crap like Heads Up Display info on windshields. Like I give a crap about my speed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Like I give a crap about my speed.

I know what you mean. I don't totally not give a crap about my speed, it's just that when you drive with the feel we do, a speedometer is unnecessary and can be replaced with something more useful.

Reaction Score
Here in the mountains of western NC, speed is a concept that is known but not encountered.

When you ask "how far is it to..?"...the answer is never in miles but in hours. Miles mean less on 2 lane winding mountain roads than the time it will take to traverse.

A inclinometer makes more sense than a speedometer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom