ESPN BPI gives Uconn 61% shot to beat SMU | The Boneyard

ESPN BPI gives Uconn 61% shot to beat SMU

Reaction Score
Have they seen this team play lately? There's no way they watch all these games, what makes them think they should be that favorite to win the game. Is SMU this bad?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Have they seen this team play lately? There's no way they watch all these games, what makes them think they should be that favorite to win the game. Is SMU this bad?

Has a mediocre college basketball statistical model watched UConn play lately? Guessing no.

A good model gives UConn a 57% chance to win.

Spoiler alert: SMU isn’t good and is on the road.

Reaction Score
We better win to avoid a disaster this season. I still believe we can turn this season into a successful one and get to the NIT. We need to win games like this at home tho

Reaction Score
Looking at tickets left it looks like a mere 7k maybe. Stupid Disney on Ice, XL could’ve gotten at least 2k more

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
SMU is not very good this year. Should be a close game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think that's about right. UConn will win tonight. Gampel makes a difference.

While it is easy to look at our late collapses against Nova, USF and UCF, it's also the case that we played Nova even for a half and outplayed USF and UCF for a half. The same is true of Arizona and FSU. We may not like the full game results, but this team has shown that when it plays well, it's a good team. It doesn't do that for 40 minutes very often. We are a Jeckyl and Hyde squad right now. It isn't all bad.

We are very overdue for a little luck and a strong shooting game, and I think Gampel is the place we will see it.
As I said in the "Watching the Big East" thread, I think this team is working hard at understanding what Hurley wants. They are passing the ball, often too many times. They are moving off the ball, but not reading where they should move, and passers aren't reading where teammates are moving. But at moments it clicks, like Vital's inbound pass to a cutting Jalen recently. My belief is it's going to start to click more often for them, and the play will become more natural and less forced. They are better at it in transition than half court.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Foster is back and they’re 7-1 since his return with their only loss being a single digit loss to a very good TCU team. McMurray will be the best player on the floor and UConn is reeling. It’ll be another tough game. Hopefully Polley can start to come back around.
If we’re depending on Tyler Polley we should go back to the Yankee Conference.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Hoping Gampel can help us get this win and get us some confidence going into the weekend.

Reaction Score
Foster is back and they’re 7-1 since his return with their only loss being a single digit loss to a very good TCU team. McMurray will be the best player on the floor and UConn is reeling. It’ll be another tough game. Hopefully Polley can start to come back around.
Agree that it will be a tough game but that 7-1 is against terrible competition. Best wins are over Kenpom #89 and 156 with the rest all 230+. Have to win this one.

Reaction Score
I think that's about right. UConn will win tonight. Gampel makes a difference.

While it is easy to look at our late collapses against Nova, USF and UCF, it's also the case that we played Nova even for a half and outplayed USF and UCF for a half. The same is true of Arizona and FSU. We may not like the full game results, but this team has shown that when it plays well, it's a good team. It doesn't do that for 40 minutes very often. We are a Jeckyl and Hyde squad right now. It isn't all bad.

We are very overdue for a little luck and a strong shooting game, and I think Gampel is the place we will see it.
As I said in the "Watching the Big East" thread, I think this team is working hard at understanding what Hurley wants. They are passing the ball, often too many times. They are moving off the ball, but not reading where they should move, and passers aren't reading where teammates are moving. But at moments it clicks, like Vital's inbound pass to a cutting Jalen recently. My belief is it's going to start to click more often for them, and the play will become more natural and less forced. They are better at it in transition than half court.
I think the game is tomorrow (Thursday at 7PM)?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Someone needs to stretch the floor from the wing, our offense has been a disaster.
It ain’t gonna be Polley. He’s not a good 3pt shooter. Vital, Gilbert, and Adams need to hit three’s to stretch the defense.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He led the team in 3P% last year and most of the season before the last couple rough games.

And he started the year something like 0-10. We all wondered why people said he was a shooter. Then he got hot and shot over 50% for awhile, then cold again. He's been cold 3-4 games now. It's time.

Reaction Score
And he started the year something like 0-10. We all wondered why people said he was a shooter. Then he got hot and shot over 50% for awhile, then cold again. He's been cold 3-4 games now. It's time.
Not sure where you're getting 0-10 from. Prior to the Villanova game, he was shooting 43% from 3 and the lowest he was at (besides the first game of the season) was .364 after the UMass-Lowell game.

1547050649231.png

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not sure where you're getting 0-10 from. Prior to the Villanova game, he was shooting 43% from 3 and the lowest he was at (besides the first game of the season) was .364 after the UMass-Lowell game.

View attachment 38083

Last year. Not this year. He was very cold until late in the year, starting with Tulsa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom