ESPN Big Monday Schedule for 2013 | The Boneyard

ESPN Big Monday Schedule for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ugh........ I hate that the Maryland game is on a Monday Night......Not the best night for families and kids..... and those of us who live outside of Durham. Personally I wish all of our home games would be on either Friday nights, or Sunday afternoons. Turtle Burger tastes best on the weekends ;)

on a related note...... no Duke/UNC Big Monday game this year.... thats too bad... there would be nothing better to see another 35-40point beatdown of UNCHeat ... this time @ Carmicheal. :D

Reaction Score
.... no Duke/UNC Big Monday game this year.... thats too bad... there would be nothing better to see another 35-40 point beatdown of UNCHeat ... this time @ Carmicheal. :D
So what are you saying, that the Duke women's basketball team can't slap the Heels around unless a TV camera is running?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
hmmmmmmm.......ND @ Tennessee.

Who is going to come out on top of that one?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'd think the UConn @ Rutgers game would be on ESPN also considering the talent both teams have, and how good Rutgers could be this year.

Reaction Score
hmmmmmmm.......ND @ Tennessee. Who is going to come out on top of that one?
Don't bet the farm on Notre Dame, although I'll be rooting for the Irish. The Emboldened Gomers have Diggins and ... and ... and ... oh, that's right -- they've all graduated!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'd think the UConn @ Rutgers game would be on ESPN also considering the talent both teams have, and how good Rutgers could be this year.

Where do you Rutgers landing in the pre-season rankings

Reaction Score
If you want Stanford on a Big Monday then Tara has to risk scheduling a non-conference game in the second half of the season. Even if there was a second team in the PAC-12 good enough to justify the in-conference Big Monday matchup the PAC-12 would never schedule a game on a monday, especially when the PAC-12 has a rival television deal to ESPN.
and no Stanford, again. bite me.

Reaction Score
If you want Stanford on a Big Monday then Tara has to risk scheduling a non-conference game in the second half of the season. Even if there was a second team in the PAC-12 good enough to justify the in-conference Big Monday matchup the PAC-12 would never schedule a game on a monday, especially when the PAC-12 has a rival television deal to ESPN.

Stanford always plays a non conference game in the 2nd half of the season the week we only play Cal. Why does it have to be the 2nd half of the season anyway? Why not a Monday in Dec? Pac 12 starts in late Dec. on Thurs & Sat. We had deal with Fox Sports, but still played on ESPN.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Where do you Rutgers landing in the pre-season rankings

I think we should be in the 15 to 20 range, and I think we'll get much better as the season goes on. Especially with our young guards. But our schedule is much weaker then past years, so I think we'll gain confidence and grow as the season goes on.

For the first time I remember we're have depth in every spot, and we're one of the tallest teams in the BE.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ugh........ I hate that the Maryland game is on a Monday Night......Not the best night for families and kids..... and those of us who live outside of Durham. Personally I wish all of our home games would be on either Friday nights, or Sunday afternoons. Turtle Burger tastes best on the weekends ;)

on a related note...... no Duke/UNC Big Monday game this year.... thats too bad... there would be nothing better to see another 35-40point beatdown of UNCHeat ... this time @ Carmicheal. :D
I understand that Cheerwine goes well with Turtle Burger. :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think we should be in the 15 to 20 range, and I think we'll get much better as the season goes on. Especially with our young guards. But our schedule is much weaker then past years, so I think we'll gain confidence and grow as the season goes on.

For the first time I remember we're have depth in every spot, and we're one of the tallest teams in the BE.

I too think Rutgers could have a great year.

Rutgers/Louisville could make a strong push for 2nd and 3rd in the Big East this season and possible bumping ND down to 4th. This is purely speculation on my part but I just dont know how far Diggins can carry ND. She is a great guard but they only have Achonwa in the post. She gets into foul trouble and they could find themselves playing catch up.....

I'm so ready for the season!!!!!

Reaction Score
I too think Rutgers could have a great year.

Rutgers/Louisville could make a strong push for 2nd and 3rd in the Big East this season and possible bumping ND down to 4th. This is purely speculation on my part but I just dont know how far Diggins can carry ND. She is a great guard but they only have Achonwa in the post. She gets into foul trouble and they could find themselves playing catch up.....

I'm so ready for the season!!!!!

Prediction: Just like Natalie Novosel had a coming out party her junior year, so will junior Kayla McBride this season. Many Irish fans think she has the best offensive skills of any ND player, Diggins included, plus she is an underrated defensive player with great instincts and the knack of being in the right place at the right time -- she was second in rebounding last year for the Irish at 5 rb/gm. Her freshman year was cut short for unspecified reasons and she was a solid role player last year. This season she will be depended upon as one of the primary scorers.

The presence of McBride and Diggins and their ability to score anywhere on the floor will take away some pressure and provide more opportunities for players like Jewel Loyd (BE FOY candidate). And from reading the U18 National Team game summaries, it appear Michaela Mabrey is making some favorable impressions. ND may be height-challenged and thin in the post, but I doubt many teams can match their skill and depth at the guard/wing position.

With all this being said, I do not see the Irish being able to beat Baylor or UConn this coming season, but I think they are capable of beating every other team. Time will tell...can't wait for the season to begin!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Stanford always plays a non conference game in the 2nd half of the season the week we only play Cal. Why does it have to be the 2nd half of the season anyway? Why not a Monday in Dec? Pac 12 starts in late Dec. on Thurs & Sat. We had deal with Fox Sports, but still played on ESPN.

Does the PAC 12 still play the 18-game schedule? If so, this is longer than most other BCS conferences, meaning there are fewer non-conference games available.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
So what are you saying, that the Duke women's basketball team can't slap the Heels around unless a TV camera is running?

Yes. Think of Duke-UNC as a reality show. The good stuff never happens off camera. Why would you live the life off camera.

Think of Sylvia Hatchell as North Carolina's answer to "Big Ang."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yes. Think of Duke-UNC as a reality show. The good stuff never happens off camera. Why would you live the life off camera.

No doubt you are my favorite visitor here, Cam.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Prediction: Just like Natalie Novosel had a coming out party her junior year, so will junior Kayla McBride this season. Many Irish fans think she has the best offensive skills of any ND player, Diggins included, plus she is an underrated defensive player with great instincts and the knack of being in the right place at the right time -- she was second in rebounding last year for the Irish at 5 rb/gm. Her freshman year was cut short for unspecified reasons and she was a solid role player last year. This season she will be depended upon as one of the primary scorers.

The presence of McBride and Diggins and their ability to score anywhere on the floor will take away some pressure and provide more opportunities for players like Jewel Loyd (BE FOY candidate). And from reading the U18 National Team game summaries, it appear Michaela Mabrey is making some favorable impressions. ND may be height-challenged and thin in the post, but I doubt many teams can match their skill and depth at the guard/wing position.

With all this being said, I do not see the Irish being able to beat Baylor or UConn this coming season, but I think they are capable of beating every other team. Time will tell...can't wait for the season to begin!

Against teams with alot of height UConn, Baylor, Rutgers etc. I think even ND's guards will struggle to score, because if I remember correctly McBride's game is finishing at the rim. Against height it makes it hard to do that, and ND's frontline is WEAK, the tallest player they have is 6'3 and in the BE UConn, & Rutgers have great tall and talented post players. And Rutgers has I think the best depth in the post in the BE with 5 post players all 6'2 or taller. Gonna be a very interesting year in the BE.

So exciting. :D

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I wonder how Charlie Creme's placement of teams (e.g., Maryland #4, Kentucky #5, Penn State #7, etc.) will hold up through a long season.

I don't wonder so much about Baylor and UConn. I am confident that Baylor will hold off Duke and Stanford and other contenders to retain their #2 ranking at season's end.

I like our chances.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I had to google image Big Ang....... thats one scary looking woman... or man.... not quite sure of its gender

Reaction Score
Against teams with alot of height UConn, Baylor, Rutgers etc. I think even ND's guards will struggle to score, because if I remember correctly McBride's game is finishing at the rim. Against height it makes it hard to do that, and ND's frontline is WEAK, the tallest player they have is 6'3 and in the BE UConn, & Rutgers have great tall and talented post players. And Rutgers has I think the best depth in the post in the BE with 5 post players all 6'2 or taller. Gonna be a very interesting year in the BE.

So exciting. :D

While McBride does have some "slash" to her game, she is most adept at squaring up and shooting off the dribble with a nice, soft touch...minus Brittany Mallory, McBride is definitely the purest shooter the Irish have returning...again the stats support this as she shot .496 from the field, including 38% (19-50) on 3's, and .872 on FT's.

ND's opponents should be more concerned about getting beat in transition and guarding the perimeter; however, the Irish have really developed their intricate offensive sets in the past few years that rely on multiple screens and reads, which when executed properly, have enabled them to create many good looks and easy baskets on back-door cuts. IMO, their deficiency in the post will show up more on defense than offense.

Reaction Score
1. Games against the likes of Santa Clara or Seattle University don't count when it comes to a potential Big Monday game, and that non-conference game is only played some of the time in recent years. Just as often Stanford doesn't play anyone outside of the PAC-10/12 after the first of the year.

2. It has to be after the first of the year because ESPN has Monday Night Football up to that point.

3. Stanford can be on ESPN like when they play UConn, but has to be non-conference. A PAC-12 conference game couldn't be on ESPN even if the PAC-12 broke from Thurs/Sat and scheduled a Monday game. If Stanford wants on Big Monday they have to schedule a UConn, Baylor, Duke, etc. on the week they play Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom