ESPN bias WTF - football recruiting blogs | The Boneyard

ESPN bias WTF - football recruiting blogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me, but I"ve noticed a trend on ESPN.com when it comes to recruiting.

On the recruiting blog, when UConn has gotten a commit, since the realignment thing was settled, it's been.....

[Player name] commits to the Big East.

i.e.

Juco QB Whitmer to the Big East

Fork Union RB to the Big East

You go down the list on the blog, and you see..

JUCO TE drops UConn for Oklahoma

UConn loses post grad RB to Marshall

HS Junior TE picks Eagles

???? WTF espn. When a player commits, they're committing to the big east, and when they go somewhere else, and there will always, always be players coming and going elswhere its UConn in the title?

I'm f8cking tired of espn games they play in the media.

Reaction Score
i know, but it just annoys me to see it.

I wonder if other big east teams are getting the same thing from the propoganda evil empire. If so, then the argument can be made that espn is actually trying to pump up the big east, but I highly doubt that.

If there's one thing I despise, trully, it's propoganda.

Reaction Score
partial quote from espn article I saw this AM...on whitmer...

Whitmer visited Storrs, Conn., the last weekend of November and watched the Huskies beat Rutgers. Redshirt freshman receiver Shakim Phillips was his host. Whitmer was recruited by offensive coordinator George DeLeone and also has been in constant contact with head coach Paul Pasqualoni. Whitmer said Pasqualoni’s coaching background had a lot to do with his decision.

“The fact that [Pasqualoni] has coached in the league [NFL] was a big thing,” Whitmer said. “The style of offense at UConn is exactly like the NFL offenses, and I’ll learn as much football there as I will anywhere. I think they definitely will get me prepared for the next level if the time comes.”

A pro-style quarterback, Whitmer threw for 3,022 yards and 25 touchdowns for a Butler team that finished the year 11-1 and beat Trinity Valley Community College (Athens, Texas) to win the Citizens Bank Bowl Dec. 4 in Pittsburg, Kan.

And the title of piece?

JUCO QB Whitmer to the Big East.

As if the big east had anything to do with recruiting this kid. AS noted, if the other big east programs are getting the same headlines, then I'm wrong, and I'll freely admit it, but right now, I don't believe for a second that ESPN headlines like this on articles like that happen by accident.

Welcome to the UCONN family, Mr. Whitmer, and welcome to UCONN to the rest of the recruiting class of 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom