Arizona
Baylor
Dook
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

UConn in the next group of 20 that are “near misses”.

Out of the “near misses” I think Auburn and Purdue might have something to say come tourney time. We certainly could too.

Reaction Score
Arizona
Baylor
Dook
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

Out of the “near misses” I think Auburn and Purdue might have something to say come tourney time. We certainly could too.
One of these things is not like the other.

Houston must have some ESPN employees.

Reaction Score
Arizona
Baylor
Dook
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

They're really going out on a limb with that list there (except for maybe Houston- Memphis is certainly better than they were in January, but a NC contender dropping a game by 14 to them- after being completely eviscerated in the first half- raises a question mark or three for me).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Oooh, a list of all of the consensus #1-#2 seeds, and 8 of the top 9 in NET. Only Tennessee missing.

Reaction Score
How could someone possibly pick Houston over Auburn and Purdue
Purdue is a terrible defensive team. Houston could outscore them, almost anyone could. The Boilermakers ranked as low as 126th nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency, (they have since jumped to 101) according to KenPom.com.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston rankings just confuse me...I look at them side by side with Providence and one's Ken pom/NET rankings are 5/5 and the others are 36/26. Very similar records yet the lower ranked (providence) is 5-3 quad 1 vs 1-4 for houston, and 9-1 quad 2 vs 7-1...Houston's best win this year is who? likely NIT bound SMU?

throw in SOS is 93 for Houston vs 52 for providence (via kenpom)...just baffling

Reaction Score
It's an ESPN article but it's written by 1 person. So it's just 1 person's opinion.

4. UConn Huskies

These are the best of days for a UConn program that's about to play in a second consecutive NCAA tournament for the first time since Jim Calhoun was head coach. The Huskies have reached this height in 2022 with a big three consisting of R.J. Cole, Adama Sanogo and Tyrese Martin.

Great players all, it's just that Sanogo gets into foul trouble from time to time. The sophomore has been whistled at least four times on each of the past four occasions he has stepped onto the floor. Fouling out in 18 minutes didn't matter against Georgetown, but it certainly would in the NCAA tournament. The Huskies' best attribute on offense is excellent shot volume, and that comes in no small part from Sanogo pulling down his teammates' missed shots.

Best of days? Does he realize UConn won 4 national championships within a 16 year period?

Reaction Score
No idea on Auburn but an early exit from Purdue wouldn't be shocking. Their defense is not good, if they run into a team who can score they're in trouble
I agree that Purdue has strong upset potential early on but still think they are a way better bet than Houston

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I just saved the list, so I can cross them off 1 by one and see how many actually make it anywhere near New Orleans.

Reaction Score
Arizona
Baylor
Dook
Gonzaga
Houston
Kansas
Kentucky
Villanova

What does a “near miss” mean? If UConn is a “near miss” does that mean they could make the Final Four but lose?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is ESPN was smarter it would eliminate teams with red as a primary color. Basketball champions mostly have blue as a primary color. The opposite is true in football, bet on red. Arizona is one of the few red teams to break through in the 64 team era.

Reaction Score
Is ESPN was smarter it would eliminate teams with red as a primary color. Basketball champions mostly have blue as a primary color. The opposite is true in football, bet on red. Arizona is one of the few red teams to break through in the 64 team era.
Funny you say this have a buddy who moved to Vegas 20 years ago after he got the first million dollar installment from his trust. He lasted one football season lost the million and his daily bet was to bet the board and he would tell the guy I want all the teams that wear red. At least he stayed true to red teams till he had nothing left

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Funny you say this have a buddy who moved to Vegas 20 years ago after he got the first million dollar installment from his trust. He lasted one football season lost the million and his daily bet was to bet the board and he would tell the guy I want all the teams that wear red. At least he stayed true to red teams till he had nothing left
Only works for championships.

Hoops: UCLA, Kentucky, Kansas, UConn, Villanova, Duke, UNC, Florida Michigan. The outliers mostly aren't red, but Orange or Green (Cuse, Virginia (which has some blue), Baylor, MSU)

Football: Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, USC, Florida State, Nebraska, Oklahoma. Outliers mostly not blue, but again Orange: Clemson, Tennessee, Texas, Miami.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom