ESPN article: What would it take? Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

ESPN article: What would it take? Kevin Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stepping out on a limb there at the end...
Possibilities: Ollie has a Calhoun-like tenure in Storrs. Or Ollie has the itch to coach in the NBA and is just waiting for the right opening.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I've seriously had enough of these ESPiN articles trying to stir up UCONN controversy. What will it take? How's about 3 ' million dollars to coach the TOP basketball program in the country and lifelong job security??? UCONN is a better job than 3/4 of the NBA. Any NBA team that doesn't have a Lebron-type superstar is destined for mediocrity and everyone knows that. That's why the NBA sucks and is incredibly boring to watch: no drama.

Reaction Score
I've seriously had enough of these ESPiN articles trying to stir up UCONN controversy. What will it take? How's about 3 ' million dollars to coach the TOP basketball program in the country and lifelong job security??? UCONN is a better job than 3/4 of the NBA. Any NBA team that doesn't have a Lebron-type superstar is destined for mediocrity and everyone knows that. That's why the NBA sucks and is incredibly boring to watch: no drama.

Your post though....lot of drama!

Reaction Score

It's not an "ESPN article trying to stir up UConn controversy." It's a series they're doing about a number of high-profile coaches, particularly ones who have been linked to other jobs recently. Did you read it?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
It's not an "ESPN article trying to stir up UConn controversy." It's a series they're doing about a number of high-profile coaches, particularly ones who have been linked to other jobs recently. Did you read it?

Linked by ESPN, then reported on by ESPN, then comments on the report by ESPN, followed by comments on the comments about report by ESPN.

Watch ESPN sometime.

Dooley

Reaction Score

Of course not. I don't read anything on that trash website. What did they have say about Tom Izzo?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From the comment section on the EPSN Ollie article:
Anthony Joseph Ziegler · Top Commenter · Moeller High School
I'm a UK fan, but I would chip in 50 bucks to help keep Kevin Ollie coaching at UConn. I like the NBA. I watch it all the time. I LOVE college basketball. Kevin Ollie leading UConn makes college basketball a better game. Kevin Ollie is a great young coach and is following a Hall of Famer. Stay there and continue to make history for the University you once played for.

The NBA is a great place to play and coach, but you can have much more affect on young people's lives by helping to educate and teach them how to make their way through life. Mentoring people on how to be successful will be one of the most profound things you will ever do.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ct-extension-worth-3-million-year-connecticut

Reaction Score
Of course not. I don't read anything on that trash website. What did they have say about Tom Izzo?

What would it take?
The NBA continues to call. Izzo reportedly rejected the Detroit Pistons as they courted new coach Stan Van Gundy. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert wined and dined Izzo before he chose to stay in East Lansing. But he listened. Why wouldn't he listen again, especially if a job offers an opportunity to coach elite talent in the NBA? The Cavs couldn't guarantee that LeBron would stay when they courted him. But if he'd had that assurance, he might be in Cleveland right now. The Pistons, however, have some intriguing pieces. So some crazy NBA offer could still draw Izzo. Maybe. But retirement seems like the only way that he'd ever leave East Lansing.

Possibilities: The beach, an NBA team that's capable of competing for a title

Dooley

Reaction Score
What would it take? The NBA continues to call. Izzo reportedly rejected the Detroit Pistons as they courted new coach Stan Van Gundy. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert wined and dined Izzo before he chose to stay in East Lansing. But he listened. Why wouldn't he listen again, especially if a job offers an opportunity to coach elite talent in the NBA? The Cavs couldn't guarantee that LeBron would stay when they courted him. But if he'd had that assurance, he might be in Cleveland right now. The Pistons, however, have some intriguing pieces. So some crazy NBA offer could still draw Izzo. Maybe. But retirement seems like the only way that he'd ever leave East Lansing.

Possibilities: The beach, an NBA team that's capable of competing for a title

Alright then, I stand corrected. My apologies, I will put away my ESPiN Hate Cap for now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Alright then, I stand corrected. My apologies, I will put away my ESPiN Hate Cap for now.

Eh, you were wrong, but there's not need to take it that far.

Reaction Score
Haha, didn't even take it that way. I thought you were legitimately curious what they had to say about Izzo.

Reaction Score
I think the Lakers and Durant are the only lure for Ollie. Otherwise; why bother?

Reaction Score
Well, there's one decent UK fan. I want to say something magnanimous about Cal* mentoring student athletes now....but I can't. Great recruiter though.

*i don't really
hahaha yeah I saw that, but what that article also reminded me is that while some posters here like to rip on Andy Katz, he's probably the only writer who knows who Amidah Brimah is.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The line that stuck out to me was ancillary to the actual story... "The Huskies were banned from the 2013 postseason due to low APR scores -- through no fault of his own -- but Ollie..."

I know the story is about KO, but if their going to tell the reader whose fault it wasn't, should they also mention that it was not the fault of any player on the 2012/13 team either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom