ESPN article: Syracuse zone key in finale vs. UConn | The Boneyard

ESPN article: Syracuse zone key in finale vs. UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
It's a bad matchup.

UConn must do a few things to keep this close:
1- win the turnover game decisively. Or at least win the fast break game. The thief is TO prone and just mediocre in the half court, but he is fantastic on the break.
2- win the three point line. They have one ace shooter then a lot of mediocre shooters who can get hot. Southernland is a great shooter, they would be much easier to defend if he was still ineligible after his cheating incident.
3- second chance points, I don't expect UConn to win the rebound battle but they have to stop Cuse from scoring on second chance points.

It's going to take a lot of luck, they have a much better team on paper, but Michigan State is number 8 and just smoked number 3 by 30.

Syracuse should be favored by 9 or so.

Reaction Score
This game has all the signs of getting ugly. We really need a MSU type game to win this one. Shots go in- bounces go our way- we rebound and play excellent defense- if not- I am not seeing a W or anything close to it. I hope the players are inspired tonight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This game should be no pressure. We weren't expected to win with Wolf. Without him and with 'Cuse getting Southernland back, it is likely to get ugly. If we play hard get decent time/production out of TO and Nolan and get some bounces, who knows? I am not going to worry about it. As long as keep our heads up and compete through the end of game, I'll be satisfied.

Reaction Score
I am with you. I would like to see us compete and if we have a chance to win the game all the better. Just tempering my expectations some before this one.

Reaction Score
This one is tough - small guards trying to shoot over long-armed guards in a zone. Kemba did go nuts on them in the BET, when we had to go OT on a deadly "banked-in brick of a three, missed front end, another three" combo in final 20 seconds, but they were a little smaller in the backcourt two years ago,

Reaction Score
Only chance is to get good ball pressure on their guards out top, and then finish in transition before cuse bigs get back. This can happen. Neither triche nor mcw great with the ball. Another strategy is to just let mcw carry on thinking he's lebron, guy is a gunner and horribly overrated. They are much better when triche has the ball more and gets people involved, like fair who is really their best player.

We gotta be banging threes and Daniels needs to do something at the foul line in the middle of the zone.

That is all.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Syracuse zone key in finale vs. UConn

On paper this looks like a horrible matchup. But games aren't won on paper. LET'S GO HUSKIES!

If I may:

That is what they call a "standing headline".

Since Syracuse only has a zone defense, the Syracuse zone is "key" in every game that they play.

Change the name of the opponent....scan the stat line and the article writes itself.

One more of the many reasons that Syracuse alums in the media love Syracuse basketball so much......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom