ESPN Article on Ollie | The Boneyard

ESPN Article on Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Old habits die hard. When Ollie finally found Calhoun on Sunday afternoon on the Garden floor, the first thing he said to his old coach was, ''We did it."

Calhoun quickly corrected him.

"No, you did it," he said.

That might just be the last lesson the mentor has to give to his protégé.

The Man will always and rightfully have a place at Connecticut, but it is the New Man's turn now.

And he has earned it."

Reaction Score
"He is, and he will go down in my opinion, as one of the best teammates I ever had," said Reggie Miller, the Turner Sports analyst who played alongside Ollie with the Indiana Pacers during the 2001-2 season. "It's no surprise that he's having this kind of success."

Reaction Score
One thing I'll always remember about Ollie - the first alumni game at Mohegan Sun, which was an awesome event (I think 2002, since Caron had just left), KO was out there playing serious defense, picking people up full court, etc, as everyone else was joking around.

Nothing wrong with joking around of course - the event was all in good fun. But just shows how he was wired.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
"He is, and he will go down in my opinion, as one of the best teammates I ever had," said Reggie Miller, the Turner Sports analyst who played alongside Ollie with the Indiana Pacers during the 2001-2 season. "It's no surprise that he's having this kind of success."
Seriously amazing how many different people say something similar about him. I think he had a greater impact on the NBA than any 4 ppg player in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom