ESPN article: Men to sue Syracuse, Boeheim | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN article: Men to sue Syracuse, Boeheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just as I thought, sheer ignorance. Go ahead and study up on the available facts as they pertain to these allegations and on the burden-of-proof requirements in a defamation case and get back to me.

Thank you for your tireless defense of this disgusting pervert. I am sure your work is truly appreciated by Bernie.

Blame in on sheer ignorance, or the media or whatever the newest excuse is but I find him to be a disgusting person that preyed on up to 4 young men.

Reaction Score
Just as I thought, sheer ignorance. Go ahead and study up on the available facts as they pertain to these allegations and on the burden-of-proof requirements in a defamation case and get back to me.

Bizarre post. I already gave you the facts and you couldn't refute a single one. Try to refute just one.
Why would you ask for more facts when you couldn't refute the ones already given?
Just a Q: do you personally know Bernie Fine? Laurie?

Reaction Score
It seems we have to post something every time someone even farts and it sounds like "B Fine".

"ATTENTION UCONN FANS" you do realize that Quse fans have been and will always be some of the biggest UCONN haters anywhere. Why do we need engage them on this train wreck of a topic? They will never ever be rational.

Is it possible that we could keep the topics on this board to basketball topics or at least not this dead horse? That way the Quse fans can keep their trash on their board not ours and we will not have to read anymore demented drivel from them. I like JB as a person and a coach- but this is a circus and not our circus- the whole thing is creepy and talking about it is creepy and Quse fans are creepy.

PE-TOOWEY!!!!!!!!! I spit on them.

Reaction Score
There is a possibility that the accusers are deemed "public figures", thus it will be harder for them to claim "defamation". The reason that I'd consider them now as "public figures" is that they reached out to ESPN for their story to be put out in the first place. You are asking to be put in the spotlight at that point. They were not approached to begin with.

Reaction Score
Bizarre post. I already gave you the facts and you couldn't refute a single one. Try to refute just one.
Why would you ask for more facts when you couldn't refute the ones already given?
Just a Q: do you personally know Bernie Fine? Laurie?
You've provided your inferences of a recorded telephone conversation. That recording does not contain a single revelation of anything illegal. Does it imply a whole bunch of sordid behavior? Absolutely it does, no denying that. How 'bout you tell me where in the tape it is revealed how old Davis was when BF would visit him downstairs. How 'bout you tell me what exactly LF's "above the law" comment about BF pertains to and where that is revealed. Here are some facts I know of, and ones Jim Boeheim had when this thing "broke" about 4 weeks ago:
- Bobby Davis did not provide his explosive audio tape to police in 2002-03.
- The Syracuse Post-Standard and ESPN both opted not to do anything with the recording in 2002-03.
- ESPN and the Post-Standard were provided with "a dozen or so" names in 2002-03 who could corroborate Davis' claims. None of them did.
- Bobby Davis did not provide his audio tape to Syracuse University in 2005 when they investigated his claims.
- Davis' stepbrother, Mike Lang, denied any abuse by Fine in both 2002-03 and 2005, but then changed his story in 2011.
- Laurie Fine, when asked about Davis and the recording in 2005, told investigators that Davis was lying.
- Bobby Davis relied on the Fines for money until he was at least 27.
- Bobby Davis has a history of stealing from people he lived with.

My personal "gut feeling"? Fine and Davis probably had a secretive homosexual relationship, that probably started when Davis was still a minor. I say "probably" because there just has not been any concrete evidence or witnesses to this point. And yeah, Bernie Fine would appear to be, well, unsavory at best.

My point is to remind you of the known facts that are available right now. Additionally, I just wanted to stress what Jim Boeheim had available to him as it pertains to how he reacted when the story broke. Equipped with the above facts, Boeheim stated his opinion that Davis and Lang were lying—after they entered the public sphere via ESPN. I, like most other Syracuse fans, wish he hadn't said anything. His comments were certainly not defamatory, however, and Allred knows it. She's banking on him and SU settling without a trial. We shall see.

Reaction Score
You've provided your inferences of a recorded telephone conversation. That recording does not contain a single revelation of anything illegal. Does it imply a whole bunch of sordid behavior? Absolutely it does, no denying that. How 'bout you tell me where in the tape it is revealed how old Davis was when BF would visit him downstairs. How 'bout you tell me what exactly LF's "above the law" comment about BF pertains to and where that is revealed. Here are some facts I know of, and ones Jim Boeheim had when this thing "broke" about 4 weeks ago:
- Bobby Davis did not provide his explosive audio tape to police in 2002-03.
- The Syracuse Post-Standard and ESPN both opted not to do anything with the recording in 2002-03.
- ESPN and the Post-Standard were provided with "a dozen or so" names in 2002-03 who could corroborate Davis' claims. None of them did.
- Bobby Davis did not provide his audio tape to Syracuse University in 2005 when they investigated his claims.
- Davis' stepbrother, Mike Lang, denied any abuse by Fine in both 2002-03 and 2005, but then changed his story in 2011.
- Laurie Fine, when asked about Davis and the recording in 2005, told investigators that Davis was lying.
- Bobby Davis relied on the Fines for money until he was at least 27.
- Bobby Davis has a history of stealing from people he lived with.

My personal "gut feeling"? Fine and Davis probably had a secretive homosexual relationship, that probably started when Davis was still a minor. I say "probably" because there just has not been any concrete evidence or witnesses to this point. And yeah, Bernie Fine would appear to be, well, unsavory at best.

My point is to remind you of the known facts that are available right now. Additionally, I just wanted to stress what Jim Boeheim had available to him as it pertains to how he reacted when the story broke. Equipped with the above facts, Boeheim stated his opinion that Davis and Lang were lying—after they entered the public sphere via ESPN. I, like most other Syracuse fans, wish he hadn't said anything. His comments were certainly not defamatory, however, and Allred knows it. She's banking on him and SU settling without a trial. We shall see.

LOL, a relationship with a minor??!!! Man, you are blind. The above the law comment came when Davis told L Fine he threatened to spill the beans on Bernie, and he said, "Do what you got to do." She referenced the law because of the flippancy of Bernie Fine's comment, as though the law doesn't apply to him. Multiple times Davis was referred to as a "kid" and "child" when this was happening. I mean, listen to yourself. You're denying things that are evident to anyone. Your level of blindness is beyond belief.

Reaction Score
No, the "above the law" comment came right after mention of the incident in which Fine physically confronted Davis to get repayment of the money he'd lent him.
You can infer whatever you want to from the tape, and fill in the blanks as you see fit. If it was as crystal-clear as you are so sure it is, I wonder why two media outlets would not go public with it. And why didn't Davis give it to the cops or to SU?
It was, and is, the word of Bobby Davis against the word of Bernie Fine. As it turns out, I tend to believe Davis—but not because of the tape. And had Boeheim been privy 6 or 9 years ago to any of the now-available information, I'm guessing that would have been his belief as well.
Quite easy to make inferences and formulate opinions in hindsight.
Pretty clear you and most of the other uconn fans have giddily convinced yourselves that SU=PSU and that Boeheim is going down.

Reaction Score
No, the "above the law" comment came right after mention of the incident in which Fine physically confronted Davis to get repayment of the money he'd lent him.
You can infer whatever you want to from the tape, and fill in the blanks as you see fit. If it was as crystal-clear as you are so sure it is, I wonder why two media outlets would not go public with it. And why didn't Davis give it to the cops or to SU?
It was, and is, the word of Bobby Davis against the word of Bernie Fine. As it turns out, I tend to believe Davis—but not because of the tape. And had Boeheim been privy 6 or 9 years ago to any of the now-available information, I'm guessing that would have been his belief as well.
Quite easy to make inferences and formulate opinions in hindsight.
Pretty clear you and most of the other uconn fans have giddily convinced yourselves that SU=PSU and that Boeheim is going down.

WRONG. "Above the law" comment came after Davis told her he threatened to spill the can of beans on Bernie. This is proof that you read hoping against hope that the world can't see what's in plain sight. There would be absolutely no reason for Davis to threaten Fine with telling that he was choked by him, since the incident at Manley had multiple witnesses. Clearly, the topic of the tape was sexual molestation. Davis asked multiple times if Laurie kenw of others he had done it to. That's what is being referred to multiple times. What do you think the subject of the call is for heaven's sake? Above the law refers to Fine's attitude toward Davis spilling the beans on him, not to Fine choking him. Your version makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
You will go to any ends to defend a child molester.

Reaction Score
You will go to any ends to defend a child molester.
Uh-huh, sure thing. That's exactly what I'm doing. Did I not just state that I tend to believe Davis and that my gut feeling is that something inappropriate (i.e., molestation) occurred when Davis was a minor—despite there being no evidence or witnesses to prove it?
It's just interesting how people like you have taken the tape and run with it, filling in all the glaring holes, and proclaiming CASE CLOSED when, in fact, said tape is a seedy collection of innuendo—which wouldn't, in fact, even be admissible in court.
Gawd I'd love to read this board if the same set of circumstances were happening with someone on the uconn staff. But, of course, with St. Calhoun's stellar track record of surrounding himself with only the most upstanding of citizens, that could never happen.
Later chumps, have fun with your imminent post-Calhoun squads battling Providence and Seton Hall for middle-of-the-pack bragging rights in a dying conference.

Reaction Score
Uh-huh, sure thing. That's exactly what I'm doing. Did I not just state that I tend to believe Davis and that my gut feeling is that something inappropriate (i.e., molestation) occurred when Davis was a minor—despite there being no evidence or witnesses to prove it?
It's just interesting how people like you have taken the tape and run with it, filling in all the glaring holes, and proclaiming CASE CLOSED when, in fact, said tape is a seedy collection of innuendo—which wouldn't, in fact, even be admissible in court.
Gawd I'd love to read this board if the same set of circumstances were happening with someone on the uconn staff. But, of course, with St. Calhoun's stellar track record of surrounding himself with only the most upstanding of citizens, that could never happen.
Later chumps, have fun with your imminent post-Calhoun squads battling Providence and Seton Hall for middle-of-the-pack bragging rights in a dying conference.

They're just as formidable as Syracuse has been in relation to UConn. UConn has lost more to Providence lately than Syracuse.
UConn has been the top team in the conference for ages now, and you guys at Cuse have always been jealous of this. This year as well, UConn will top your performance.

Reaction Score
Why do you even respond to that fool? He is just talking to himself.

We did not have the pedophile on our staff- Quse did. I honestly do not see the point coming to this board and arguing with UCONN fans. Any empathy we had for Quse left as soon as you announced you were leaving the BE.

We do not care and soon no one else will either when you get buried in the ACC like BC. If I was a Quse fan I would be hoping big time we had a good year because JB ain't gonna be coaching much longer after this BS and this FUBAR you are dealing with sure is not going to help you get top rated players. It's a hot steamy pile and I am glad it is not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom