ESPN Article - Interviews With Hurley and Players About Going to the Sweet Sixteen | The Boneyard

ESPN Article - Interviews With Hurley and Players About Going to the Sweet Sixteen

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As a bonus we lead in to a Squid Article

"I was probably watching 'Power Rangers' or something," sophomore guard Jordan Hawkins said. "I was a kid. So yeah, it's amazing to bring this program back to where it was."

Karaban, a redshirt freshman, was 13 years old the last time Connecticut reached this point of the tournament. He watched the national semifinal, but he wasn't allowed to stay up for the national championship and woke up at 6 the next morning to see the highlights.

"You think of this program as stone-cold dominant, and now that it hasn't been there in close to 10 years, you're really doing something special right now," Karaban said. "We're adding ourselves to history at UConn, and we're far from done."

They have spoken!

Reaction Score
“We’re far from done.”

It seems that the players believe and that is a powerful force.

Reaction Score
As a bonus we lead in to a Squid Article

"I was probably watching 'Power Rangers' or something," sophomore guard Jordan Hawkins said. "I was a kid. So yeah, it's amazing to bring this program back to where it was."

Karaban, a redshirt freshman, was 13 years old the last time Connecticut reached this point of the tournament. He watched the national semifinal, but he wasn't allowed to stay up for the national championship and woke up at 6 the next morning to see the highlights.

"You think of this program as stone-cold dominant, and now that it hasn't been there in close to 10 years, you're really doing something special right now," Karaban said. "We're adding ourselves to history at UConn, and we're far from done."

They have spoken!
Maybe this has been discussed throughout the year (and before), but I have wondered if Karaban grew up a Husky fan. Sounds like he may have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom