ESPN: All-Time Top #1 Picks in the WNBA Draft | The Boneyard

ESPN: All-Time Top #1 Picks in the WNBA Draft

Reaction Score
Huskies get #1 and #2.... and #5, and more, of course. Can't argue with the top, but I've gotten have Stewie as higher than 11, though that is due to the brevity of her career so far... Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Interesting how Candace Parkers photos had to have her holding trophies... I am sure she did not pick the photo herself... but it just makes me think of the ego on her, and that cockiness.....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Interesting how Candace Parkers photos had to have her holding trophies... I am sure she did not pick the photo herself... but it just makes me think of the ego on her, and that cockiness.....

Lol I think that's a bit of a reach. Does Nneka fall in that category too then since she's holding a trophy?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Fun read. I'd shift around a few of those players but overall a pretty well done list. I think both Holdsclaw and Jackson couldve been much higher had injuries/health not derailed their careers.

I was surprised to see how low Griner was. I think the spot is accurate for her, but just overall her results have been underwhelming considering how dominant she was in college and that she's been paired with DT almost the whole way. If you wouldve told me that after their 2014 title, Phoenix would basically become a .500 team without a finals appearance the next 5 years, I wouldve laughed at you.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I always feel like Tina gets not enough respect. She's traditionally been on average to crappy teams so never won a WNBA title, but has been a mainstay and great performer not only in the league every single year, but also as an Olympian - and a starter most of the time no less.

If you count the holy grail for all time greats at UCONN of Maya, Dee and Stewie, Tina is certainly at the top of the list of the next tier, and she's done nothing but perform incredibly well in the WNBA and on Team USA... She's certainly had a better career than Nneka.

Reaction Score
Maya should have 5 WNBA championships. The loss to the Sparks was a call that did make a difference in who won. LA took a shot when the shot clock had run out. The ref held his hand up, signaling he would check the clock. He never did and the Lynx lost. One call did make the difference as to who won. The call was at the very end of the game.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Maya should have 5 WNBA championships. The loss to the Sparks was a call that did make a difference in who won. LA took a shot when the shot clock had run out. The ref held his hand up, signaling he would check the clock. He never did and the Lynx lost. One call did make the difference as to who won. The call was at the very end of the game.

And they blew an 8 second violation call that helped win the game for the Lynx in game 4. Goes both ways.

Reaction Score
And they blew an 8 second violation call that helped win the game for the Lynx in game 4. Goes both ways.

Show me the video because I don't remember anyone saying anything about that call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom