ESPN: A season in shadow (UConn) | The Boneyard

ESPN: A season in shadow (UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Wow what a complete load of wank. Last two first round picks ever? There are potentially two on our team just next year, never mind all the top guys that will come in 2013. What a load of complete crap. I can't. Believe some of these people get paid to write this . I take heart in knowing they likely don't. Get paid very much.

Everyone is so eager for our program to die... Not happening... We'll have another championship within three years

Reaction Score
We are a program that succeeds(NC) every 5 years because we develop talent. The same exact article could have been written before the ship year. We didnt have a lottery talent then, we had kemba but he was far from a lottery talent before the season started.

99 - Ship
04 - Ship
09 - FF: Should have been a ship (Dyson)
11 - Kemba...only explanation for the early title

Reaction Score
Wow. This guy just said that it's possible that Uconn may never have another first round draft pick. That would be a stupid statement if it was made about DePaul...and this guy is saying it about Uconn.

Not a single mention of Omar Calhoun. Not a word about Kevin Ollie. Just terrible.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love it. Calhoun gets off on articles like this.

We are in great shape going forward. We'll get through next season and be ready to challenge for a title in a couple of years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What a load of crap. Why would someone think that UConn would fall off the map after Calhoun leaves? Like someone said earlier in this thread, they'll pay anyone to write crap these days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The article was pretty fair until that line about no more draft picks...ever. I mean even PC had a draft pick a couple years ago and Depaul's Melvin will be drafted someday. Surely we will be better than the worse programs in the BE ***sarcasm off***

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
LOL this article is a boatload of bull$hit!

As others have posted, how the HELL can this guy say that this will be our last lottery pick. It's hard to say that about ANY school nowadays.

Some people REALLY want the program to die. Not gonna happen. Ollie or whoever else the next coach is will continue to maintain the program.

Reaction Score
Marabou Brooks was drafted out of Providence this past year, Wilson Chandler was drafted from Depaul within the last 5 years. This is one of he dumbest articles I've ever read, it's insane to me how many people think our program is going to fall off the map.

caw

Reaction Score
Wow what a complete load of wank. Last two first round picks ever? There are potentially two on our team just next year, never mind all the top guys that will come in 2013. What a load of complete crap. I can't. Believe some of these people get paid to write this . I take heart in knowing they likely don't. Get paid very much.

Everyone is so eager for our program to die... Not happening... We'll have another championship within three years

To be fair it says during Calhoun's reign. That could be true.

Reaction Score
To be fair it says during Calhoun's reign. That could be true.

he does pose the possiblity of it being "ever" at the end of the article

Reaction Score
That was supposed to read Marshon Brooks, my sausage fingers were not made to type on an iPhone.

Reaction Score
I haven't, and won't, click,on the link. However judging from the comments here, it is articles like this that make me avoid BSPN like the plague. They have gone from reporting sports news to tying to create it. back when the self professed world wide leader was formed people wondered if there was a market for 24/7 sports coverage and would their be enough material. Pieces like this point to the answer being decidedly "no". they over analyze their carefully selected angles to death and don't let the fans or opposing viewpoints have a say unless it is carefully orchestrated in pre-production meetings.

If you are sick of their "reporting" I suggest giving the sports by brooks website a look and a follow on twitter.

Reaction Score
Verrier went to UConn and he's as big a UConn fan as you can find in the national media. From following him on twitter, you can tell that he watches basically every game even as the NBA editor on ESPN.com.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So he's just a Chicken Little, then.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If that little guy out of Washington last year (Isaiah Thomas, i think) got drafted, I find it hard to believe that 3 or 4 years at UConn, for either Bazz or Boat won't be enuff to make it to the show. They may be short but they both have serious game, just needs to be further refined. Boat especially, he could be "great" as a junior or senior. And let's not mention Oamr Calhoun, I saw play in that all star game b4 the final 4. He was the best one on the court. There is absolutely no way that Lamb or Drumm are our last draftees.

What a BS article.

Reaction Score
Only one thing to say about the "writer".......he's an moronic bufoon.

Who %$ knows how good Omar Calhoun will be, Daniels was a top 10 propspect...who knows, Napier or Boatright could blossom into a top 14 pick(lottery).....who knows. Our 2013 class could have some studs that become top 14 picks...who knows....clearly not this buffoon.

What is the point....UConn becomes Stonybrook once Calhoun leaves.....jeez, what an original thought.

Reaction Score
Can anybody find a POSITIVE article about UConn? I honestly dont think there are too many of them out there these days

Reaction Score
The last line concludes this abortion of an article perfectly:

"Drummond, the homegrown top recruit who could be the coach’s greatest achievement or his biggest letdown."

Drummond spent about two days at UConn. What he accomplishes in the NBA will have absolutlely nothing to do with Jim Calhoun, and everything to do with how hard he wants to work.

Reaction Score
The apologist thing is annoying though. We have nothing to apologize for except for not disguising our programs academic shortcomings as well as the other big boys... That, and the unfortunate coincidence of mark emmert's sour ass being in charge of this organization.

All good though, elite 8 in 2014.

Final 4 aka championship in 2015. Ollie starts a dynasty

Reaction Score
this load of crap ranks up there with a recent post i read on the syracuse board about uconn being on a decline for the last 10 years, followed by a post saying, you realize they have 2 national championships and 3 final fours. lol.........i guess calhoun has made this program easy to hate but its gotten so bad lately that i choose to no longer follow any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom