ESPN 30 for 30 “I Hate Christian Laettner” 3/15 at 9:00 | The Boneyard

ESPN 30 for 30 “I Hate Christian Laettner” 3/15 at 9:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He made over 60 million dollars in a 13 year NBA career, I do not think he is trying to milk it, he is fine.

ESPN found a real identifiable subject matter that is relevant to this time of year.

Similar to the Fab 5 one.
Exactly! Some people's skewed view of reality is just sad

Reaction Score
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/142094983.html

You wouldn't want Christian Laettner's financial problems right now

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that ex-Timberwolves forward and Dookie Christian Laettner, along with business partner and former Duke teammate Brian Davis, are defendants in several civil lawsuits seeking repayment of about $30 million in loans relating to real estate deals gone bad.

Next week, they'll appear at a hearing in Washington, D.C., at which a judge will decide whether to hold the pair in contempt of court because they haven't paid $671,309 to former Duke baller Johnny Dawkins after a court ruling last year. According to the Journal report, their attorney says any money that hasn't been repaid is "attributable to a lack of resources."

Reaction Score
I find it unlikely that Laettner is broke. Dukies are too smart to expose themselves to such personal peril in business deals. I'd guess that the corporation they created is broke and they aren't personally funding it in order to pay people back.

Reaction Score
I find it unlikely that Laettner is broke. Dukies are too smart to expose themselves to such personal peril in business deals. I'd guess that the corporation they created is broke and they aren't personally funding it in order to pay people back.

You don't have to guess. Laettner is personally a judgment debtor in a number of these cases. It doesn't mean he's eating out of dumpsters, but his personal finances are not rosy.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He and Tate shared more than a game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To me, this Azzwipe is one of the most detestable people in sports.
I hated him before the shot he hit against UConn and even more after it
He was a dirty cheap shot artist who was given carte blanche by the refs
I don't wish bad on anyone but besides someone who lives in DC, I hope this ends up where it deserves to be.
It figures he continued his life by ripping friends off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom