ESPN 3 to See Promotion - What's Next. | The Boneyard

ESPN 3 to See Promotion - What's Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Primary purpose of the ESPN 3 to See Campaign was to make Griner, EDD & Skyler house hold names for Sports Fans before entering the WNBA. At some level the promotion has probably succeeded. Although the three players have had increased visibility no other player in the draft has so most of the other WNBA teams don't benefit from their new players.

Now I wonder what ESPN will do next year as the WNBA draft will be deeper then this years draft, but maybe not with players of the caliber of EDD and Griner. I don't include Skyler as I think there will be guards entering the draft as talented as Skyler is, but won't be the Media Darling that Skyler is.

Chiney Probably starts off the season as the favorite for Player of the Year Alysa Thomas and Odyssey Sims will also be mentioned. It will be interesting to see if the Media have Breanna Stewart as one of the favorite after her outstanding tournament. IMHO Stef & Bria will be over shadowed by KML & Breanna and won't receive as much recognition as they should.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You could include Stef KML Breanna Bria however they may only want seniors. Maybe UConn is the team to watch?????????????

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
"IMHO Stef & Bria will be over shadowed by KML & Breanna and won't receive as much recognition as they should.[/quote]"

Plenty of kudos to go around for the team....no need to look at it that way. Success is a long road, and the weather changes for all.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think you are underestimating MoJeff....I think that she will soon be a fan and national favorite.

Reaction Score
"household names for Sports Fans" and women's basketball just don't seem to go together.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's a good question by Wbb. I think Chiney, Odyssey, and Alyssa are players who will be incredibly hyped and are near locks for 1st team AA status next year. Honestly, I expect Stewie and KML to be the other 2 who fill out the 1st team honors on the short AA teams.

Having said that, I hope to see the WNBA continue to grow, but I'm not expecting anything dramatic to happen. If each team can see an increase in attendance at home games, get more companies to sponsor them (LifeLock is more prominent on Phx's jersey's than anything else on the front of it), then hopefully that's a good thing. just not sure where the league goes from here, except to try to make it more interesting and exciting for fans.

Frankly, I'd not be disappointed to see less defense and more 110-95 games out there. I think fans would enjoy that more too. Who knows tho?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's a good question by Wbb. I think Chiney, Odyssey, and Alyssa are players who will be incredibly hyped and are near locks for 1st team AA status next year. Honestly, I expect Stewie and KML to be the other 2 who fill out the 1st team honors on the short AA teams.

Having said that, I hope to see the WNBA continue to grow, but I'm not expecting anything dramatic to happen. If each team can see an increase in attendance at home games, get more companies to sponsor them (LifeLock is more prominent on Phx's jersey's than anything else on the front of it), then hopefully that's a good thing. just not sure where the league goes from here, except to try to make it more interesting and exciting for fans.

Frankly, I'd not be disappointed to see less defense and more 110-95 games out there. I think fans would enjoy that more too. Who knows tho?

UCONN can score 110. Not sure who's gonna put up the 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom