ESPN 2022 Final Recruiting Class Rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN 2022 Final Recruiting Class Rankings

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The final rankings reflect overall talent as well as numbers of recruits. I’ve always believed that if UConn got at least 2 really good players who can eventually start for the Huskies, it was a really good recruiting year. Mission accomplished.

Reaction Score
The final rankings reflect overall talent as well as numbers of recruits. I’ve always believed that if UConn got at least 2 really good players who can eventually start for the Huskies, it was a really good recruiting year. Mission accomplished.
they certainly muscled up.........

Reaction Score
Oh yes. “Really good” is an understatement. As far as quality, UConn’s class is the best with two top tens. Ours ain’t bad with two top twenties. Stanford also got two very high quality players and a third player in the top 75. Given the strength and depth of those 3 programs, the rich certainly got richer.

UCLA’s numbers are stunning and Rice is a gem. The ranking is deserved but it will be interesting to watch their roster management over the next few years

Reaction Score
I think these rankings are always questionable due to the metrics used. A school can't sign 4 or 5 top players every year and stay under scholarship limit as well as keep them happy.

A team needs to get what they need and I would say UConn is number 1 in that department. I'm still hoping for a smallish, really fast, defensive minded guard grad transfer for next year until we probably get a bunch of guards in 23 and 24.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Oh yes. “Really good” is an understatement. As far as quality, UConn’s class is the best with two top tens. Ours ain’t bad with two top twenties. Stanford also got two very high quality players and a third player in the top 75. Given the strength and depth of those 3 programs, the rich certainly got richer.

UCLA’s numbers are stunning and Rice is a gem. The ranking is deserved but it will be interesting to watch their roster management over the next few years
Ultimately for SC, getting two high quality in-state players after last year's class is about as good as it gets. Usually after our bigger, highly rated classes we'll have a class of 1 top 50ish type of player. This year we got two top 20 players after a #1 class. That's improvement IMO. And Cooper has floated between 10-15 at some point so I'm interested to see if she rises or drops in rankings when the final rankings are released. Hopefully she gets the "SC bump" if there is one haha..

We lose ten players over the next two seasons, so there's definitely playing time coming up at SC.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain Baylor at #9? #11 Duke, #12 Miami, #13 Louisville and #14 Washington all have a higher rated top player in their class, and several of them have more Top 100 recruits than Baylor does. What metric did they use, it appears to be completely nonsensical.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Most years, I wouldn't trade our classes for anyone else's. This is one of those. I really like our kids, though I would have liked to add Kiki Rice. On the plus side, missing out on Rice gives us a better shot at KK Arnold and Mikaylah Williams, given that they would be 2 years behind Azzi and 3 behind Paige. Ice looks like a classic power forward with a nice touch, and Ayanna is an athletic freak with an incredible upside. And both seem to be great kids. Geno et al. will coach them up well.

It's hard to balance quality and quantity. Obviously, getting more players is better than signing fewer players, but basketball requires only 5 players at a time. Getting elite talent that mixes well is more important. One of the best recruiting classes ever consisted of Maya Moore and Lorin Dixon, because Maya was the ultimate standout.

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain Baylor at #9? #11 Duke, #12 Miami, #13 Louisville and #14 Washington all have a higher rated top player in their class, and several of them have more Top 100 recruits than Baylor does. What metric did they use, it appears to be completely nonsensical.
When the article was initially published, it included Darianna Littlepage-Buggs as a Baylor signee. This has not been officially confirmed, so it appears that they removed her name without changing the rankings. I do expect her to sign at Baylor, but I'm not sure what the holdup is. Either she signed during the early period and asked it to be kept quiet for some reason, or she will have to wait until February.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom