ESPN 2021 class rankings | The Boneyard

ESPN 2021 class rankings

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, 92 of the top 100 players are committed. Azzi Fudd is still the big fish out there and she's going to have a say in the final rankings.

For now though...

1. South Carolina
2. North Carolina
3. UConn
4. Texas
5. Notre Dame
6. Stanford
7. USC
8. Oregon State
9. Maryland
10. Northwestern

See the rest of the top 25 classes here.

Reaction Score
This is based on Hoopgurlz. UConn cannot surpass SCar even if they get Azi.

SCar is also no 1 in a composite of all five services, but would fall to number 2 if UCONN signs Azi. I've posted the numbers in an identical post on the UConn board.

Of course, ESPN will tout Hoopgurlz.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
This is based on Hoopgurlz. UConn cannot surpass SCar even if they get Azi.

SCar is also no 1 in a composite of all five services, but would fall to number 2 if UCONN signs Azi. I've posted the numbers in an identical post on the UConn board.

Of course, ESPN will tout Hoopgurlz.
There is not enough difference to matter. These girls will play together in college and that will determine who got the best haul. UCONN and South Carolina have outstanding classes....as do the top 5.

Reaction Score
There is not enough difference to matter. These girls will play together in college and that will determine who got the best haul. UCONN and South Carolina have outstanding classes....as do the top 5.

Absolutely correct.

But I will certainly understand if others feel ESPN's hype of SSar is nauseous this coming year. It's already underway.

Reaction Score
We had to deal with the Sabrina Ionescu article every single day from ESPN....so...now we deal with South Carolina....lol....

You got my point exactly. The Sabrina hype was over the top (Though she deserved about half of it.) ESPN takes a hype topic and runs it into the dirt.

I think the SCar hype will be similar - at least until we lose a game. I don't know if that team hype will transfer to a player hype like Boston, but I know she will be compared to A'ja Wilson all-too frequently.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You got my point exactly. The Sabrina hype was over the top (Though she deserved about half of it.) ESPN takes a hype topic and runs it into the dirt.

I think the SCar hype will be similar - at least until we lose a game. I don't know if that team hype will transfer to a player hype like Boston, but I know she will be compared to A'ja Wilson all-too frequently.

Yup. ;)

Boston looks pretty good compared to Wilson Freshman Stats

1601471322684.png

Reaction Score
Probably a bit biased, but Arkansas' class, led by the #7 overall prospect, is under-ranked here at #25. Ellis is ranked in the top 100 by ASGR (I know, this is ESPN's ranks only - just saying that I think they've undervalued her considerably).

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
And Boston has a win against UConn. Wilson for all her well-deserved accolades never beat UConn (0-4).
UCONN was more loaded then...and South Carolina didn't have the overall talent to match up with UCONN in the Wilson years. UCONN dominated because they could !

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How could Brooklyn Miles drop all of the way out? How could that happen?

Reaction Score
UCONN was more loaded then...and South Carolina didn't have the overall talent to match up with UCONN in the Wilson years. UCONN dominated because they could !

? But prior to all 4 games S Car fans were very convincing that they had the better team, just like now. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
According to Hoopz UConn is #3, S Car is #1
According to Prospect Nation and Blue Star, UConn should be #1 (2 of the top 6, #3, #6 and #23 which is #5 in Hoopz), and 3 of the top 10 in Blue Star.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
? But prior to all 4 games S Car fans were very convincing that they had the better team, just like now. :rolleyes:
Oh I agree...but now they have proved it...big difference.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
According to Hoopz UConn is #3, S Car is #1
According to Prospect Nation and Blue Star, UConn should be #1 (2 of the top 6, #3, #6 and #23 which is #5 in Hoopz), and 3 of the top 10 in Blue Star.

It's really subjective and it really doesn't make these players any better on the court as to their rankings on paper. It's not a crap shoot...but it's not in stone either.

Reaction Score
Oh I agree...but now they have proved it...big difference.

Proved what? Did the UConn wins in 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016 prove anything to S Carolina fans? No, it didn't. They came back the next year with the same unflinching bravado. So why would they expect anything less from UConn fans after they won one game?
I admire the S Car program but one game doesn't prove anything. UConn was coming into their own by March and it was conceivable that UConn would have won a rematch in the FF. After all, UConn and Notre Dame beat each other there after losing the first three games of the season. The FF is a whole 'nother animal from the reg. season.

Reaction Score
Prospects Nation has posted their updated 2021 rankings, but no class rankings.

S Carolina - #2, #8, #13

UConn - #3, #6, #11

Reaction Score
At #55, I believe they ridiculously underrated Bree Hall.

Extremely Underrated! I’ve seen her take players listed above her to the Woodshed! It is what it is but they’ll wake up soon enough.

I certainly don’t think it’s 7 better players than Feagin in this class. Also I’ve always thought PN is biased towards players who attended their camps regularly, especially the Texas and West Coast kids....

Reaction Score
They said it then....but now when they say it they can prove it....they beat UCONN by 16 points. You are the silliest person that posts here. South Carolina has the best team in the country until someone knocks them off the top. Baylor is the reigning champion...but South Carolina finished No.1 last year and are No.1 heading into the new season. I don't know what that has to do with UCONN's past success.....I guess you like to live in the past and ignore the present because it makes you feel better....

S Carolina didn't win anything. The votes of AP writers scattered around the country aren't a championship. They are opinions. Other teams have entered the NCAA's as No 1 and failed when they had to prove it in the final four. But go ahead and call it a championship if that makes you happy and silly me? I'll continue to only count championships that are won on the court.

I've written that last paragraph a couple of times and the responses I have gotten from S Car fans has been a lot like your non-answer. My question to you is where is the trophy? UConn has 11 trophies in their case and from here I only see one in the Gamecock's trophy case.

Reaction Score
They won the game against UCONN...you have to be the dumbest person on this board. I wasn't talking about championships.....I said they are No. 1....they were No.1 when the season ended...they will be No.1 until someone knocks them off.....what part of that can you not understand ? Never mind....Dunning/Kruger...I keep forgetting about the Dunning/Kruger effect....I should have just stopped replying a long time ago....lol....

You are living in the past friend. The 20 season is over and the rankings don't carry over. You'll no doubt be the preseason No 1 and if that floats your boat then good for you.

And have you ever looked at other ranking services besides the writers' poll? At the end of last season Massey had Oregon No 1 and the Gamecocks were no. 2. So when you brag about being No 1 you should specify which No 1 you mean.

And personal insults are forbidden on this board unless you own it.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
You are living in the past friend. The 20 season is over and the rankings don't carry over. You'll no doubt be the preseason No 1 and if that floats your boat then good for you.

And have you ever looked at other ranking services besides the writers' poll? At the end of last season Massey had Oregon No 1 and the Gamecocks were no. 2. So when you brag about being No 1 you should specify which No 1 you mean.

I am not a South Carolina fan as I have pointed out time after time....get that straight. I have no biased in any observations that I make....period. I call it like I see it just being a WBB fan for years. You on the other hand are biased.....

Reaction Score
I am not a South Carolina fan as I have pointed out time after time....get that straight. I have no biased in any observations that I make....period. I call it like I see it just being a WBB fan for years. You on the other hand are biased.....

Stop making it personal with Alydar. He’s a longtime thoughtful poster on the Boneyard. You disagree. Leave it at that. My two cents.

Reaction Score

I enjoy the back and forth over South Carolina finishing as the #1 team in the most widely respected polls.

Finishing #1 in the Massey is an accomplishment that will no doubt be celebrated by Oregon fans for decades to come.

I think of all the joy that Alabama football fans have over their Houlgate, HFA, and CFRA National Championships and it does my heart good to know that there are at least two fan bases will look back on the 2019-2020 seasons with great pride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom