ESPN 2015 Rankings Updated | The Boneyard

ESPN 2015 Rankings Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN is a joke sometimes. All we have been hearing is how Enoch is a Top 50 Player and they slide him in barely into the Top 100 almost as a courtesy.

Reaction Score
ESPN is a joke sometimes. All we have been hearing is how Enoch is a Top 50 Player and they slide him in barely into the Top 100 almost as a courtesy.

The really surprising one for me is Comanche. I like this kid's game a lot. He is thin, but he is pretty skilled for a 6'10" kid.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
The really surprising one for me is Comanche. I like this kid's game a lot. He is thin, but he is pretty skilled for a 6'10" kid.
I think it's because he's so thin that his ranking isnt that high. He will have trouble creating space for himself in the post in college. I'm very satisfied with Chris Clarke's new ranking. I think it goes to show all the people who considered him a far 2nd choice to D Jones that he is actually an elite recruit that we should gobble up if he is ready to commit.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
By the way, Jalen Adams moved from #33 to #25. We have a stud coming in.

Reaction Score
There are some huge discrepancies between ESPN and the other sites on guys like Ray Smith and Comanche. It would be interesting to see whose right in a few years though there is no way I would remember.

Reaction Score
Now that all the rankings have been updated, I'm curious why 247 has Jalen Adams at 49, while ESPN, Rivals and Scout now have him at 25 or 26.

Reaction Score
Not bad at all, considering how ESPN usually is. Although there were only like 18 5 stars. And I'm not worried about Enoch; they said he has immense potential, all he has to do is begin proving it correct by playing well against good competition, which he will do in the NEPSAC.

Reaction Score
I'm very satisfied with Chris Clarke's new ranking. I think it goes to show all the people who considered him a far 2nd choice to D Jones that he is actually an elite recruit that we should gobble up if he is ready to commit.

My conclusion is quite the opposite. All I've been hearing is about how Clarke and Jones are interchangeable, and that we'd rather have the guy (Clarke) whose reputation is all about effort. Well, I'm sorry, but give me the one (Jones) ranked 40 spots higher.

Reaction Score
My conclusion is quite the opposite. All I've been hearing is about how Clarke and Jones are interchangeable, and that we'd rather have the guy (Clarke) whose reputation is all about effort. Well, I'm sorry, but give me the one (Jones) ranked 40 spots higher.

Completely agree. Clark's coach doesn't think he can contribute right away. Jones is a consensus top 25 kid......

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Granted you have ur personal preferences, and I'm not a recruiting guy, & know very little about either player, but how can you put so much trust in something as trivial as rankings? If rankings were the end all, be all truth...... We don't get 2 titles in the last 5 years, just sayin

Reaction Score
Granted you have ur personal preferences, and I'm not a recruiting guy, & know very little about either player, but how can you put so much trust in something as trivial as rankings? If rankings were the end all, be all truth. We don't get 2 titles in the last 5 years, just sayin

Good call. Obviously the rankings are negative mojo, and we should only recruit guys that everyone thinks are bad.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Clark's coach doesn't think he can contribute right away. Jones is a consensus top 25 kid.

Given the reports on Jones' struggles with his ball handling and jump shot, the immediate expectations for him should be tempered as well.

We should all be thrilled with either one. None of us have any idea who will be the better college player - all we know is that both of them had great summers and Ollie is high on both kids. I imagine those who "know" that Jones will be better also "knew" that Shabazz Napier would have a more impactful college career than Knight, Selby, and Joseph combined. Or how about last year when our highest rated freshman never cracked the rotation while the guy ranked outside the top-150 was our best big guy and saved our season?

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams checks in at #25.

3. Malik Newman
6. Diamond Stone
13. Isaiah Briscoe
22. Derrick Jones
62. Chris Clarke
74. Josh Sharma
96. Chance Comanche
97. Steven Enoch

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/order/true

Josh Sharma keeps flying under the radar. From what I've seen, he's the most athletic center in the country. Played AAU with Adams. Very bright kid, which is also a plus. (I could be way off on this, but) I'd rather have Sharma than Stone based on mix tapes I've seen of both...Sharma looks better than Stone offensively, defensively, and (it's no contest) athletically. Has anyone else seen Sharma videos, or seen him play live? Would like to hear from other's who've seen him. Anyone who hasn't seen mix tapes of Sharma, take a look...

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I completely disagree that Sharma is better offensively than Stone. Stone's footwork is NBA ready. He is far and away a better big man. Sharma is mobile, but really lanky and doesn't have much control of his body. Stone is the much better option.

Reaction Score
I completely disagree that Sharma is better offensively than Stone. Stone's footwork is NBA ready. He is far and away a better big man. Sharma is mobile, but really lanky and doesn't have much control of his body. Stone is the much better option.

Sooooo, you admit it, Sharma is lanky!
I see a lot of upside for Sharma whereas Stone is obviously more ready to contribute immediately. Would be happy with either though I'm understandably in the minority re: Sharma.

Sharma mix tape playing alongside Jalen Adams for Mass Rivals.

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm wrong, but Jones worries me a bit that he could follow the Zach Lavine path. Guy had one meh season at UCLA (9 ppg, 2 rpg), but since he jumps out of the gym and was a great combine guy, he was able to go pro based on potential after a year before he even learned how to be a good college player.

Of course, if he wants to commit tomorrow, I'd take him no questions asked. You never know for sure - never would have figured we'd get the same amount of college career out of Rudy Gay that we did Jeremy Lamb, based on hype and potential.

Reaction Score
A lot of talk in this thread about Sharma.....but not a lot of talk lately about Uconn actually recruiting Sharma.

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm wrong, but Jones worries me a bit that he could follow the Zach Lavine path. Guy had one meh season at UCLA (9 ppg, 2 rpg), but since he jumps out of the gym and was a great combine guy, he was able to go pro based on potential after a year before he even learned how to be a good college player.

Of course, if he wants to commit tomorrow, I'd take him no questions asked. You never know for sure - never would have figured we'd get the same amount of college career out of Rudy Gay that we did Jeremy Lamb, based on hype and potential.
To be fair though with the Lavine comparison, he was drafted as a point guard, where there have been no indication of Jones of having point guard skills, much less move to that position

Reaction Score
ellenson and rabb over stone is a bit baffling. Stone was clearly the best post player on the u17 usa team, the other two barely played/ came off the bench.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Thon Maker was #1 in 2016 and now isn't on the list, unless I've gone blind.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Thon Maker was #1 in 2016 and now isn't on the list, unless I've gone blind.

they have a rule now where they're not ranking kids who don't play HS within the US

Reaction Score
they have a rule now where they're not ranking kids who don't play HS within the US
Ahh, thanks. I was confused how he would go from #1 to not ranked. Just saw he's still a 97 but just doesn't have a ranking.

Reaction Score
I don't want to seem like I dislike Jones because he has as much upside as anyone in the class and I do prefer him slightly to Clark because of his freak athleticism. That said, he is not a consensus top 25 and he is not a likely 1 and done. He is top 25 in ESPN and they are the least credible of the 4 recruiting sites IMO. His updated rankings based on the summer are 22 ESPN, 30 on 247sports, 41 on Rivals and 65 on Scout. These guys are far from infallible but I continue to see this myth perpetuated that he is a sure fire 5 star and is much more highly regarded than Clark.

Jones 22/30/41/65
Clark 62/40/58/70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member