Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That order seems about right.

Reaction Score
One more and we pass Duke, IMO.

The other poll is interesting.
"Is UConn a historically great basketball program?"

14% say no. Morons.

the rest are split between "yes because of 4th title" and "yes but they were before the 4th title".

Our place is cemented, and our coach

For all the complaining on this board about the lack of respect. The country is on board now, if they weren't already. UConn is a national powerhouse, top 5, historically great program. 86% of the people responding understand we are an elite program.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If you go when they expanded the field to 64, UCONN should be as high as anyone else on the list.. Their winning percentage is second to none. Just because you get there doesn't mean your the best. Sorry Duke, UNC and Kansas.

Reaction Score
One of the sweetest things about our 4 championships is that 2 were taken from the grasp of Duke and 2 were taken from the grasp of Kentucky. Duke wins in 99 and 04 if not for UCONN and Kentucky IMO wins in 2011 and 2014 if not for UCONN.

Duke and Kentucky have a bad taste of UCONN in their mouth.

Edit: so does Calipari. Call it the Camby revenge.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I've got no problems with Donovan......K and Calipari though is another story.... Nothing sweeter than owning them and forcing dookie V to say something nice about us. There is no doubt the program is indisputably top 5. INCREDIBLY PROUD to have witnessed this rise in the course of my lifetime.

Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with IU that low. Only two schools have more titles than them. But really, the only programs you can definitively put ahead of us right now are UCLA, UK, and UNC. IU's pushing 30 years without a title, but you could possibly put them in that group too. Beyond that, no one stands above us.

Reaction Score
UConn has done it with two coaches, they have won when they weren't supposed to, they won when they were, they have won in three different decades. What else is there?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One of the sweetest things about our 4 championships is that 2 were taken from the grasp of Duke and 2 were taken from the grasp of Kentucky. Duke wins in 99 and 04 if not for UCONN and Kentucky IMO wins in 2011 and 2014 if not for UCONN.

Duke and Kentucky have a bad taste of UCONN in their mouth.

Edit: so does Calipari. Call it the Camby revenge.

Yes a thousand times.. denying Dook and/or the Squid is like early Christmas every time.

Reaction Score
I'm happy with being 5th ahead of kansas and Indiana. With Ollie and the way he should be able to recruit we'll move up in a hurry

Reaction Score
Wow over Kansas and Indiana? Don't know IU has five titles. Still, winning one post JC is huge for the perception of this program.

Reaction Score
Wow over Kansas and Indiana? Don't know IU has five titles. Still, winning one post JC is huge for the perception of this program.

They only have 3 after 1960 or something like that...

Reaction Score
UConn has more 1st place votes than UNC or Duke in that poll.

Reaction Score
There was something about this Tournament. More people than normal were tuned into it. I realize it's the bracket phenomenon (the greatest PR move of all time) but it was also the fact that at every stage of the event pundits picked against us and we proved them wrong. We became rock stars to the non-affiliated fan. We were the 7th seed underdog, the little engine that could. And now we're on everyone's list, not just the experts, when the great programs are mentioned. Couple that with the Women getting more mention due to tonights battle of the undefeated's and the UConn name will resonate once again over the airwaves. Anyone watching ESPN today, and that means almost every sports fan will keep seeing their promo for tonight's NC game. How fortuitous for us. We've become cemented in the public's consciousness. The UConn brand is as strong as it's ever been.

Reaction Score
To me, anything before 1985 doesn't count (the year the tournament expanded to 64 teams).

Reaction Score
There was something about this Tournament. More people than normal were tuned into it. I realize it's the bracket phenomenon (the greatest PR move of all time) but it was also the fact that at every stage of the event pundits picked against us and we proved them wrong. We became rock stars to the non-affiliated fan. We were the 7th seed underdog, the little engine that could. And now we're on everyone's list, not just the experts, when the great programs are mentioned. Couple that with the Women getting more mention due to tonights battle of the undefeated's and the UConn name will resonate once again over the airwaves. Anyone watching ESPN today, and that means almost every sports fan will keep seeing their promo for tonight NC game. How fortuitous for us. We've become cemented in the public's consciousness. The UConn brand is as strong as it's ever been.

This one definitely feels more special than the others. Don't get me wrong, they were all great.

Shazz said it best. He said what we all were feeling. In many ways it mirrored what Ollie said after we beat MSU in Germany.

We stick together. We know where we stand in the eyes of the rest of college athletics. We don't care what you think. We are going to keep coming and keep winning. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
To me, anything before 1985 doesn't count (the year the tournament expanded to 64 teams).

Do I think UCLA would have went on that same tournament run in a field of 64? No. Does that diminish their greatness and accomplishments? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom