Eric Reibe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eric Reibe

awy

Reaction Score
another way of seeing the immediate playing time question is whether the staff has demonstrated capability to use freshman in impactful ways. this takes good understanding of the player and ability to design scheme to use them, and there's no one better at this than UConn. different positions but Castle/McNeeley demonstrate this plenty.

Reaction Score
How is available minutes and immediate playing time a negative for UConn? All we have for bigs next season is Reed and Singare.

In comparison to the others, plus it‘s all over his quotes. It’s what other teams are selling him on. Do most freshman bigs start and excel right away? No, but that never gets mentioned when you’re telling a guy all about your graduating minutes.

Player says something is a concern. Immediate rationalization- it is not. Ok, but it is to him! It’s fine, this staff is great with stuff like that, I am not worried, but it is a thing.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’d be the most talented center on the roster day 1. Would he start over a senior Reed? Who knows, but there’s a nice spot in the rotation ready for him either way.

Reaction Score
I feel like his floor would be 15 minutes a game as a freshman with the possibility to get 20 minutes a game depending on who returns that season out of the players with remaining eligibility. I could potentially even see him getting minutes with Reed since Reibe can also play away from the paint.

Reaction Score
Here Eric, let me make this simple for you...very simple:
2024 NBA draft:
7th pick - Donovan Clingan UCONN after winning a NC
9th pick - Zach Edy after losing a NC
Ryan Kalkbrenner is still in college ....

awy

Reaction Score
I don't think hurley is just handing out playing time guarantees. it's more of a challenge to the recruit plus a belief that they can win the competition. it's a bit different from what other programs are doing wrt playing time, there's less certainty but more of a selection for the kind of player who won't back down and responds positively to a challenge, because that's how they'll have to operate every day if they do come here.

Reaction Score
He’d be the most talented center on the roster day 1. Would he start over a senior Reed? Who knows, but there’s a nice spot in the rotation ready for him either way.
He plugs perfectly into the script with the multi faceted 5 combo. He would bring a very different look to Reed. It’s basically the Donovan Clingan school to being a lottery pick. Let’s go big boy, don’t overthink it.

Reaction Score
Is there any real news here? These have been the 5 all along. Cmon Eric, slash a team to make it interesting. Seems to state instant playing time for everyone but UConn.

Not sure if stock risers offers anything Zagoria doesn’t.

Exact same quotes as Zags. Did the 2 of them speak to Reibe at the same time?

Reaction Score
Sounds like McDermott bonded with him about family at Creighton--I'm a big, I can relate, I developed Kalk, I sent my son to the League from here, you're my next son I'll develop and send up there....

Reaction Score
Sounds like McDermott bonded with him about family at Creighton--I'm a big, I can relate, I developed Kalk, I sent my son to the League from here, you're my next son I'll develop and send up there....
Sooooo......one per decade? And it'll take 4 years (or more) for me to "develop" you? Not the slickest of sale pitches

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he should buy it, but it's a seduction; Danny shoots straight, but it may be a little tough love for some.

Reaction Score
clingan wasnt scared off by sanogo. reibe should definitely not be scared off by reed.

he can still be a O&D at UConn if he takes the starting C spot from reed at some point during his frosh season. and if he cant beat out reed as a frosh then he wouldnt be a O&D anyways.

Reaction Score
Is there any real news here? These have been the 5 all along. Cmon Eric, slash a team to make it interesting. Seems to state instant playing time for everyone but UConn.

Not sure if stock risers offers anything Zagoria doesn’t.

I love the idea. Who is going to be the first kid to have a list of 7 and have a “A Cutdown Week”. Where he cuts 1 team per night! That’d be first rate entertainment. I’d tune in. It should be live with fan bases on live stream too. Watch them in despair as everyone sighs with relief that they are still in for another night of Cutdown week! Real survivor vibes.

Reaction Score
I love the idea. Who is going to be the first kid to have a list of 7 and have a “A Cutdown Week”. Where he cuts 1 team per night! That’d be first rate entertainment. I’d tune in. It should be live with fan bases on live stream too. Watch them in despair as everyone sighs with relief that they are still in for another night of Cutdown week! Real survivor vibes.
And get Pat Sajak and Vanna White out there to flip a tablet of the slashed teams logo.

Maybe have one of the competing mascots come out and body slam the losing mascot. Love it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom