2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Offer (7’0” C) | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Offer (7’0” C)

Reaction Score
NIL should either be a non factor or a small one here, correct? Is he a German citizen, or is that not the case?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Was just going to post this - some people were mentioning our interest in him blossoming on another thread, so this makes sense - we're offering some big time guys!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Eric Reibe, The Bullis School , Center
Top 50 4* recruit. Staff is handing out offers like fun coupons lately it’s hard to keep up haha

First we had the media overwhelmingly acknowledge UConn is a blue blood.
Then recruits were doing the same plus listing UConn first before “the others”.

Now recruits are not just blessed to receive a UConn offer but they are “Extremely blessed and honored to receive an offer from coach Hurley and the University of Connecticut.”

Only things remaining to solidify our progression in this rise as the best program and the top of the college basketball world are:

Identifying us as THE University of Connecticut.
Getting a national following of supporters and haters exceeding Dook.
Receiving monetary reward for our success and the viewership increase that should follow. Preferably by a significant increase in the BE contract or, if that doesn’t happen, an invitation to the power broker club.

Reaction Score
First we had the media overwhelmingly acknowledge UConn is a blue blood.
Then recruits were doing the same plus listing UConn first before “the others”.

Now recruits are not just blessed to receive a UConn offer but they are “Extremely blessed and honored to receive an offer from coach Hurley and the University of Connecticut.”

Only things remaining to solidify our progression in this rise as the best program and the top of the college basketball world are:

Identifying us as THE University of Connecticut.
Getting a national following of supporters and haters exceeding Dook.
Receiving monetary reward for our success and the viewership increase that should follow. Preferably by a significant increase in the BE contract or, if that doesn’t happen, an invitation to the power broker club.
I like all this but...

then I read the tweets of the other schools that offered him and those tweets say, "Extremely blessed..."

In a world where you receive blessings for ordering a chicken sandwich at Chik Fila, it's plain that hyperbole aint what it used to be.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like all this but...

then I read the tweets of the other schools that offered him and those tweets say, "Extremely blessed..."

In a world where you receive blessings for ordering a chicken sandwich at Chik Fila, it's plain that hyperbole aint what it used to be.
In a world that runs primarily on emotions one learns to ignore salient facts that interfere with a narrative.

To add to my narrative I am absolutely, positively, one bazillion % certain that Eric was being polite with his other offers, but super duper genuinely sincere and excited with UConn’s offer. Additionally he has been praying for UConn’s offer since the moment of his conception. (Had to include this last point to continue the Chick Fila theme.)

Reaction Score
German citizen, he got to the US last spring. NIL will definitely still be a factor though, every top recruit wants to be paid
Understood but does not being an American citizen affect that? I’m not sure how much things have changed since Sanogo was here for example. I recall him having difficulty with that.

pj

Reaction Score
I like all this but...

I'm blessed and honored to have received an offer from Chick-fil-A to buy a spicy chicken sandwich for $6.15.

But I'll be extremely blessed and honored if Dan Hurley offers to bring it to me.

Reaction Score
Understood but does not being an American citizen affect that? I’m not sure how much things have changed since Sanogo was here for example. I recall him having difficulty with that.
Just can't actively work when getting an NIL deal. So he could sell a jersey on the team store but wouldn't be able to go to the event working at Dunkin they just did last week

Reaction Score
Interesting that the announcers speaking German in the highlights, all of a sudden say "pick and pop" in the flow of commentary.
It doesn't surprise me that basketball jargon would just be directly borrowed from English. The same thing happens in Japanese, which I'm more familiar with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom