Entire 2021 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament to be in Indianapolis... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Entire 2021 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament to be in Indianapolis...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
but how is it possible to verify vaccination at all? if i go to buy a ticket how is the seller supposed to verify i've been vaccinated without me just checking a box and saying i promise? that's why i brought up the complications involved in me provided proof from a hospital and in sharing it among parties. it's not like me having to send proof of vaccination to my employer's HR department before i can go back to the office.

You'd have to hand carry and match vaccination to your ID and tix.

There is no right to attend a game. You can choose to sit it out and watch from home.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
This is driving distance for me.
I'll even get Vaxxed for this, if that's what it takes, lol.
Just give me the proper motivation, Sir!!

Reaction Score
No idea why the championship game is at Lucas Oil Stadium. Imagine playing in an empty football arena...
Final 4 should be played in Hinkle Fieldhouse
With limited fans it would be a fitting place to finish the season. If you have never seen it - watch the movie Hoosiers.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
With limited fans it would be a fitting place to finish the season. If you have never seen it - watch the movie Hoosiers.
Milan High School Gymnasium/Auditorium/Cafeteria

Reaction Score
Milan High School Gymnasium/Auditorium/Cafeteria
The movie's final game was filmed in the same gymnasium that hosted the 1954 Indiana state championship game, Butler University's Hinkle Fieldhouse (called Butler Fieldhouse in 1954) in Indianapolis.

Reaction Score
but how is it possible to verify vaccination at all? if i go to buy a ticket how is the seller supposed to verify i've been vaccinated without me just checking a box and saying i promise? that's why i brought up the complications involved in me provided proof from a hospital and in sharing it among parties. it's not like me having to send proof of vaccination to my employer's HR department before i can go back to the office.
I guess it would be no different than the negative COVID test verification I had to present to travel to a Caribbean island a couple months ago. Some official health organization has to give you the vaccine so they could easily have a certificate showing you received the vaccine. You can't just buy the vaccine at CVS and give it to yourself. Could there be some fake certificates? Sure. Same as if someone wanted to travel to the Caribbean.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The movie's final game was filmed in the same gymnasium that hosted the 1954 Indiana state championship game, Butler University's Hinkle Fieldhouse (called Butler Fieldhouse in 1954) in Indianapolis.
Yes, but it seats 10,000 and more than a couple stories tall. With limited fans, they can easily watch in a school gym where there are only 68 boys in the whole school.

BTW, I'm being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
They better get it right. No more of that fake bubble crap they had at Mohegan.

Everyone from the players, staff, support personnel, hotel workers, security, broadcasters should be tested two times and have a negative test each time and a 7 day quarantine before entering into a bubble. And everyone will need to stay in the bubble for the duration of the tournament. If one needs to leave the bubble, the same rules apply with a 7 day quarantine rule before entering in the bubble.

Reaction Score

->All Tier 1 travel party participants will be required to undergo and document seven consecutive negative COVID-19 tests prior to arrival into Indianapolis. The NCAA will work with IU Health to provide health related support including the administration of daily PCR tests for Tier 1 individuals upon arrival and throughout the tournament. Tier 1 participants include student-athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, physical therapists, medical staff, equipment staff and officials.

The NCAA will arrange charter bus and/or air travel for all Tier 1 participants. All teams participating will be housed in Marion County hotels for the duration of their active participation in the tournament. Meals will either be in-room or in physically distanced meal rooms with assigned seating.

Except during practice or competition time on court, all Tier 1 participants will observe physical distancing and universal masking at all times. Exceptions are while alone in the hotel room or during pre-arranged and approved mealtime.

All Tier 1 participants will wear KINEXON movement devices throughout the tournament, including practices and games. These devices, coupled with video analysis, provide data that allows total time measurement of those who are within 6 feet of a newly infected individual with COVID-19. The data will be utilized to assist with contact tracing and the need to quarantine participants. If close contact time with another individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 is less than 15 minutes over 24 hours, then quarantine may not be required.<-

Reaction Score

Banker's Life makes the most sense since it is for basketball, but Hinkle is awesome. I will be there Saturday

Reaction Score

->The Marion County Health Department on Wednesday told IndyStar that at this point no more than 420 family members will be allowed to attend each game of the NCAA men's basketball tournament in Indianapolis.

The department said no “final decision” has been made on whether additional spectators will be allowed into games

Each person on qualifying teams can invite six family members to watch the games, but these fans may have no in-person contact with the players during the tournament, Marion County health officials said in the emailed statement detailing the plans.<-

Reaction Score

->The Marion County Health Department on Wednesday told IndyStar that at this point no more than 420 family members will be allowed to attend each game of the NCAA men's basketball tournament in Indianapolis.

The department said no “final decision” has been made on whether additional spectators will be allowed into games

Each person on qualifying teams can invite six family members to watch the games, but these fans may have no in-person contact with the players during the tournament, Marion County health officials said in the emailed statement detailing the plans.<-

If you're going through all this to stage the NCAA Tournament then there's no need to play with fire and let fans in. That would be nuts. But it is the NCAA so........

Reaction Score
Unless something changes with Covid there's no way they allow fans. Potentially so many fan bases. Sounds super fun, but I doubt fans will be allowed.
I heard from a coach that coaches and players will be allotted 6 tix's per game

Reaction Score
I heard from a coach that coaches and players will be allotted 6 tix's per game
That doesn't really answer the question about fans. After watching the NFL allow limited capacity. I assume the NCAA/Indianapolis/Indiana will do the same. That's probably the biggest obstacle. Who goes first. It's a considerably easier decision once another organization allows it.

Reaction Score
That doesn't really answer the question about fans. After watching the NFL allow limited capacity. I assume the NCAA/Indianapolis/Indiana will do the same. That's probably the biggest obstacle. Who goes first. It's a considerably easier decision once another organization allows it.
IU and Purdue will not be allowing non family members- Both Universities trying to keep campus infection rates low

Reaction Score
Ea4kk5gXsAYk16k.jpg

Reaction Score

->The NCAA will allow a limited number of fans at the 2021 Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, including all rounds and the Final Four. The decision to allow up to 25% capacity with physical distancing was made in conjunction with state and local health authorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The event capacity will include all participants, essential staff and family members of each participating team’s student-athletes and coaches and a reduced number of fans. All attendees must wear face coverings and physically distance during the event. Thorough cleaning, disinfecting and safety measures will be a priority in all venues. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom