Enosch Wolf's case continued until April 24 | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf's case continued until April 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It says he is "in compliance" with court mandated counseling. Often, on a first offense, successful completion of such a course results in the record being wiped clean. The incident is legally treated like it never happened. Don't know if that the case here. And I don't know if that will have any influence on KO's ultimate decision.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Really hoping Enosch comes back next year. Not saying we'll have a formidable front line but we'll have a lot of bodies and I think Wolf can do a lot of good this off season.

Reaction Score
I take the opposite view. He should transfer and start his life over at New Hampshire or somewhere. UConn really doesn't need problem guys, and he is a problem now.

Reaction Score
I take the opposite view. He should transfer and start his life over at New Hampshire or somewhere. UConn really doesn't need problem guys, and he is a problem now.

That's a little harsh. The kid screwed up. He used awful judgement. But he has been at the university for three years and this is his first hint of trouble. To label him a problem isn't fair.

Reaction Score
So what are the chances this is wrapped up by the first practice in October?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I don't know if I agree with you or disagree with you on this or at other times, but I do know that I regularly think of the Ralph Waldo Emerson quotation about a "foolish consistency being the hobgoblin of little minds" more so with you than with anyone else on this board.

Reaction Score
It would be better for him and better for UConn to not have a guy who was arrested for beating up a woman. One thing that Kevin Ollie has tried to do is change the perception of the program, which has sadly been pretty bad unless you happen to wear blue and white glasses. (here's a hint of how bad it is...the NCAA singled out UConn for its APR crackdown and nobody came to our defense). The best thing he could do to keep that change going forward is to help Wolf find a new place to play.

Reaction Score
That's a little harsh. The kid screwed up. He used awful judgement. But he has been at the university for three years and this is his first hint of trouble. To label him a problem isn't fair.
Yeah, and Miles had only been at the university for a couple of weeks...I think Wolf probably isn't a bad guy and he likely just screwed up, but given where UConn is now we can't take the chance. Too bad for him, maybe too bad for us. But he shouldn't have screwed up.

Reaction Score
It would be better for him and better for UConn to not have a guy who was arrested for beating up a woman. One thing that Kevin Ollie has tried to do is change the perception of the program, which has sadly been pretty bad unless you happen to wear blue and white glasses. (here's a hint of how bad it is...the NCAA singled out UConn for its APR crackdown and nobody came to our defense). The best thing he could do to keep that change going forward is to help Wolf find a new place to play.

Yeah maybe he and KO to UNH to make free happy? God this place wreaks people and their pedestals lately!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

So Ollie needs to kick Wolf off the team BEFORE the case has even been heard... because of the perception from the APR ban? :rolleyes:

Where in the police report was the ASSAULT charge for, as you say, Wolf 'BEATING UP a woman'? How about we let the facts play out in court before you determine the kid's fate?

Freescooter, you always manage to outdo yourself... not in a good way

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe he and KO to UNH to make free happy? God this place wreaks people and their pedestals lately!
I think there might be a poorly made point on the risk of reinstating Wolfe. I haven't a clue what really happened. BUT UConn is currently suspended from the NCAA and on the NCAA's $hitlist for reasons real & imagined (by ncaa pres). Ollie is just starting out and needs to set a high and new standard. That unfortunately might mean that someone needs to be punished as an example. UConn kind of needs to emerge as a place with great teams and desirable academics, comportment etc...

More cynically, Wolfe simply isn't good enough to take any risk. If there is another incident the program has its first Ollie black eye.

All that said if any legal and universit charges are dismissed and KO vouches for the guy and takes him back I believe in KO enough to agree with that decision.

Reaction Score
I think there might be a poorly made point on the risk of reinstating Wolfe. I haven't a clue what really happened. BUT UConn is currently suspended from the NCAA and on the NCAA's $hitlist for reasons real & imagined (by ncaa pres). Ollie is just starting out and needs to set a high and new standard. That unfortunately might mean that someone needs to be punished as an example. UConn kind of needs to emerge as a place with great teams and desirable academics, comportment etc...

More cynically, Wolfe simply isn't good enough to take any risk. If there is another incident the program has its first Ollie black eye.

All that said if any legal and universit charges are dismissed and KO vouches for the guy and takes him back I believe in KO enough to agree with that decision.
Pretty much my point, although UConn is on the NCAA sh!tlist as well as others. We have a huge image problem outside the four corners of the State of Connecticut. You might not want to believe it, but it's a fact. It was one of the reasons that the NCAA knew they could get away with the APR ban if it only effected UConn. Virtually nobody would defend UConn, which has a reputation as a rogue program. I'm not arguing whether that rep is deserved or undeserved. Because it doesn't matter. It simply is what it is. There is a reason why UNC can have players take fake classes and get away with it. They have a squeaky clean reputation. If that happened at UConn we would be banned from the NCAA until Shabaz Napier is old and grey. Ollie and Manuel, as new guys, are trying to set a new tone, and frankly clean up an image problem that exists. Bringing Wolf back just isn't worth the risk. And if there is another incident, it isn't just Ollie's first black eye. It is going to be viewed as more of the same. And we simply don't need that. We can't have that.

And more cynically, Wolf isn't worth the risk.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and Miles had only been at the university for a couple of weeks...I think Wolf probably isn't a bad guy and he likely just screwed up, but given where UConn is now we can't take the chance. Too bad for him, maybe too bad for us. But he shouldn't have screwed up.
Get a life !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom