Enosch Wolf | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf

How would 2014 team been with Enosch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if Enosch Wolf came back for his senior year?
Starting Lineup with 2 Germans
Bazz
Boat
Niels
Deandre
Enosch
Would he have been a solid starter who would give more than Phil would at the time and allowed Amida to develop and been a better matchup for him? Could he have curbed the "5 by committee" Stop?
Just a thought

Reaction Score
On paper Wolf probably starts on that team, but why screw with team chemistry? We won the ship without him. Same goes for Roscoe who was a rebounding beast at UNLV that year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

blah, blah, blah

Just a thought

Perish the thought.

What if, he had been on the floor instead of Brimah at the end of regulation in the St Joe's game? We'll never know, but we definitely do know what Amida did, allowing us to continue right into NCAA glory.

Reaction Score
Perish the thought.

What if, he had been on the floor instead of Brimah at the end of regulation in the St Joe's game? We'll never know, but we definitely do know what Amida did, allowing us to continue right into NCAA glory.

Exactly it's just like our recruiting misses. You can't tell me we would've been better off with Selby, Knight or Joseph vs two-time champ Bazz.

Reaction Score
Wolf would not have started over Nolan. He probably would have been behind Brimah as the 3rd Center. Team would have been no different with him on the team.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Ah November, when Pizza threads turn to "Would we have been better with Enosch" threads. Welcome Back to the in season only crowd.

Reaction Score
Without question. Wolf was a decent player, but it is hard to imagine our defense rising to the level that they did with him at the five.
It's moot, we won.
I distinctly remember posting that Wolf was probably the missing piece we'd need for a deep run. Whoops, I kinduv missed that call.
That written, I thought he was really coming around at the end of his career here, rebounding well, playing good position D, and absolutely killing the 10 footer. So who knows. Chemistry is king, and we had it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Wolf would have been the best offensive option of the three, so he might have found a niche. He wasn't guarding people on the perimeter like Phil, so his defensive liabilities would have cut his time. It's just a hypothetical, not a big deal to me.

Reaction Score
It's moot, we won.
I distinctly remember posting that Wolf was probably the missing piece we'd need for a deep run. Whoops, I kinduv missed that call.
That written, I thought he was really coming around at the end of his career here, rebounding well, playing good position D, and absolutely killing the 10 footer. So who knows. Chemistry is king, and we had it.

He definitely had some moments here. What we had going with the three guard lineups that featured Giffey at center, though...I'm not sure you can recreate that.

Reaction Score
if-a-frog-had-wings.png

Reaction Score
The regular season is FINALLY upon us, and we are still having threads like this.

Reaction Score
Wolf would not have started over Nolan. He probably would have been behind Brimah as the 3rd Center. Team would have been no different with him on the team.

Hey we won so who cares and as john pointed out we more than likely don't have Kromah who was a huge piece. But if he was here he would have easily been our best option of the 3 although who knows where that would have gone. I know one thing for sure they couldn't have finished better.;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Starting Lineup with 2 Germans
Bazz
Boat
Niels
Deandre
Enosch
Would he have been a solid starter who would give more than Phil would at the time and allowed Amida to develop and been a better matchup for him? Could he have curbed the "5 by committee" bull ?
Just a thought

What's next, asking if 2011-12 would have been better without Andre Drummond?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
One thing is for certain, the outcome could not have been any better and everything that UConn did/happened to UConn contributed to them winning the National Title. What if UConn won a couple more games with Wolf? They may have had a higher seed or been placed in a different region where they did not match up as well. What if they lost a couple more games? They would have been in danger of missing the tournament. What if Brimah was not on the floor at the end of regulation vs St. Joes? Would UConn have forced OT? What if Giffey wasn't allowed to display his accuracy from 19 feet?

Wolf was suspended following a domestic dispute. With all that is swirling around right now about Greg Hardy, and other instances in the NFL, I'm fully satisfied with how UConn handled the situation, all things considered (especially the National Championship).

Reaction Score
Yea we would of been much better with a criminal on our roster.:confused:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yea we would of been much better with a criminal on our roster.:confused:
Charges were ultimately dismissed, but that means very little. Through (alleged) coercion, a pile of money, and a loophole in the North Carolina legal system, there is no trace of Hardy's "crimes" on his record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom