Enosch Wolf to sign pro contract in Germany | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enosch Wolf to sign pro contract in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
best of luck Wolf, enjoyed watching your progress

as for the legal matter, my understanding is that he would not of been arrested if he left when the police asked him to. He refused, was then arrested for domestic assault.

If true, that tells me he did not hit the girl, they would have arrested him right away and not give him a chance to walk away. It means he did make physical contact in some way, which could be something as small as trying to hold her hand. Any form of physical contact during a domestic dispute is domestic assault in CT.

I think he had a drunken stupor, made incidental contact, but did not hit her.

anyone going off on him, without knowing more than the rest of us, is a moron.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to know how much his pro contract is. I'm guessing 75k at most. I wish him luck and I'm fairly certain he comes back and finishes his degree.

Reaction Score
Read the police report.

I've read it. You've never answered the question why the kid was never charged with battery or assault if he hit her, as you constantly assert he did. I mean, if everyone knows that

But you won't answer it, because all you want to do is soapbox. You don't like Ollie, you don't like the players, you didn't like Calhoun. You don't like when they win. You want them to only recruit NESCAC kids from suburban prep schools but then you'd ceaselessly complain when they lost every game. It's mystifying.

But anyway, good for Wolf. Glad he's moving on. Hope it works out for him. Turn the page.

Reaction Score
as for the legal matter, my understanding is that he would not of been arrested if he left when the police asked him to. He refused, was then arrested for domestic assault.

He was arrested for third-degree burglary, trespass, and disorderly conduct.

Reaction Score
Not by any means making him out to be the victim, but I can't help feel a little bad for him after reading the interview. He seems like a genuinely good kid with a positive outlook on life who may have had some anger problems. I wish there was a way he could have stayed on the roster next season at a reasonable cost, but getting a head start on the small window of opportunity he has to make a living playing basketball isn't a bad thing. The kid had his limitations, but I'd much prefer having him on the team next season than not and I wish him nothing but the best.

One other thing: these player interviews really emphasize the admiration these guys have for Coach Ollie. When a kid like Wolf talks, you can feel the impact Ollie has made on him seeping through the screen. Calhoun obviously possesed similar virtues, but if he had one flaw, I think it was relating with every single player on the roster. He had one personality and it jived with some players and clashed with others - Ollie strikes me as an elite communicator who the 12th guy on the roster admires as much as the first. Wolf could have resented Ollie for the withdrawl of his scholarship, but instead he came off as mature beyond his years in placing the blame on nobody but himself. When kids are willing to sacrifice to the extent they exhibited this past season for Ollie, it's difficult to envision him not lighting the recruiting trail on fire for years to come assuming our conference situation doesn't detriorate too fatally.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

well then, I guess he really didn't hit anyone which is what he's been accused of in this thread

Reaction Score
Feel bad he got screwed out of finishing his education due to the insane price of college in this country. College is dirt cheap or free most places in Europe, even for international students if you can speak the language.

The whole notion of saving money for 18+ years just to for four years of education is beyond ridiculous. It would honestly be much cheaper to just hire a Czech tutor for my kids and send them to college over there for free than sending them to their own freaking state school. The whole American education system is rotten and full of nothing but liars, crooks, and thieves (liberals). I used to have respect for these people but completly lost it after actually going to college and having to listen to their garbage and watch them rob us blind. Screw them.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
/rant+bedtime.

Reaction Score
You're an idiot, I guess that's all I was trying to say! Should have been more clear.........you love the dirt because that's who you are. Good for you.....
From today's Hartford Courant: According to the police report, Wolf refused to leave the apartment and "grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. … and knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand." And"...He was suspended the rest of the season and ordered by the court to enter a domestic violence diversionary program," The courts don't send you to domestic violence diversionary programs for not picking up your socks. He was a punk. He physically assaulted a woman. That UConn pulled his scholarship suggests they think so too. We're well enough rid of him. But having said that I do hope he gets and keeps his life in order. The extent some of you go to to defend these guys, and we saw it with Williams, Price, Wiggins in spades, Miles and now this guy is just amazing.

Reaction Score

From the Amore article..

"According to the police report, Wolf refused to leave the apartment and "grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. … and knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand."

Close enough? I feel bad the way it turned out but even Wolf said "I did this to myself and it's a big lesson learned."

Reaction Score
From the Amore article..

"According to the police report, Wolf refused to leave the apartment and "grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. … and knocked the glasses off of the victim's face with his hand."

Close enough? I feel bad the way it turned out but even Wolf said "I did this to myself and it's a big lesson learned."

He was arrested for third-degree burglary, trespass, and disorderly conduct. I'm by no means in the "free Enosch Wolf" camp, and I don't particularly care one way or another that he's not going to play for UConn again, but Ben Gordon, for example, was charged with assault when he hit his girlfriend, so it's not exactly a charge that's unavailable if the circumstances dictate. I'm waiting on someone to tell me why Wolf didn't get charged with assault.

Reaction Score
Basically, it was an argument/fight between two 3 year olds... no one got seriously hurt, hair was pulled, faces were pushed, glasses knocked off. Embarrassing, yes. I've seen a lot worse in my lifetime amongst adults. Sounds like Wolf has done a lot to improve since then. That said, I will miss seeing him next season. It is what it is. I think a bit of an over reaction. Too bad, his loss, his GF's loss, our loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom