Enoch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Enoch

Reaction Score
I saw a bird fly by my window this morning. Shouldn’t they all be flying down south by now?

Reaction Score
Not sure how a UConn fan doesn’t realize that defense was the issue for not playing.

A Kansas fan, a UNC fan might not get it but a fan watching JC year in and year out should completely understand a defense first coach and coaching decisions.

Play the Hurley Iona interview. Bouknight’s minutes are currently limited because he’s not up to speck defensively. One of the most spectacular offensive players we’ve had in a while is kept off the court because we have a defensive minded coach. Hate Ollie all you want but be smart about it. He was a defensive minded coach. Steve played matador defense. Same with Facey until his senior season.

Add Gavin Edwards to the list.

Reaction Score
Couldn't guess how many Enoch threads have been started since he began playing decently at L'ville. Not sure how many more we need. We all know 1) he should have redshirted as a freshman, 2) he didn't have the hoops IQ and defensive skills as an 18 and 19 year old to make meaningful contributions at UConn, 3) there was a lot of natural talent and size that was there to develop, 4) he was smart to transfer and get coached up during his off year, 5) if he didn't transfer he would have graduated last year so whatever he is doing this year has no correlation to how he would fit into this year's team. 6) a decent guy that didn't ruffle feathers on his departure and he will probably make some money in Europe.

Note: He is making some late first round and 2nd round mock drafts. I guess it depends on how he produces in some of the big match-ups throughout the year, Last year he disappeared in some of the big games after putting up quality numbers in some weaker OOC and conference games.

Great summary.
He's a fifth year guy so why shouldn't he be showing vast improvement? He seems like a nice kid and it's unfortunate he didn't come to UConn at a good time (Calhoun or Hurley eras) as it would have been a great story of a kid who only had played ball for a few years before coming to UConn being developed into the next Andre Drummond.

Reaction Score
I hope Enoch goes for 30 and 15 next Tuesday night solely for the hilarious number of threads about it the next day

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom