Ennis and 'Cuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ennis and 'Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A lot of moonshine must be consumed around here.

Bring a little more game to the table than these one liners albany. It's like you're sitting back in a 2-3 zone waiting for things to happen….open up, give us your thoughts. We love you guys……...

Reaction Score
The same people who are saying Ennis is the best PG in the country are the one's with C.J. Fair on their first team all-American team. It's just what we do - the value of individual players who play on great teams are going to be inflated, and that's just the way it's always going to be. Syracuse is a great team with a bunch of really good individual players. I'll still take Bazz over anybody on that roster.

CJ Fair is just what you see, spot up jump shooter who makes a lot of shots. Nice athlete, not premier and lucky if he falls into the 1st round and won't unless he helps the Ornage get past the likes of Vermont and others in the NCAA tourney this year…….like his college game a lot and like so many others who donned the Orange, much of his future will be either maintaining an 11-12 spot on an NBA bench or a an NBDL all star!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ennis is good, but he's not an NBA guard. He's good at a lot of things, but he's not so good in a lot of things. Maybe in a couple years, but Jimmy B will have deteriorated his game by then. Who knows.

Reaction Score
JB is a mediocre coach with numerous good college players over the years……..Give Coach k or JC his teams over the years and they would be like Geno is in women's basketball…….gut feeling is he gets lucky and Roberson stays at Cuse rather than transferring like he should. The kid may be their best talent and is underused but that's good for everyone…….

Jury is out on Ennis for next level but I like his game a lot……..will play there I think. Jury is even out for our own Bazz though for that matter regarding the NBA…….never know!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean, cool, I guess. But is the gist of your post that we on the Boneyard are better qualified than the overwhelming majority of NBA scouts and GMs who would, in fact, take Ennis?

Well as a GM, I might ask, which one was better as a freshman? GMs seem to look at early ability as a predictor of later ability. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But they almost have to discount experience to some degree, and assume that any younger player will develop. So if Ennis improves as much as Bazz has in four years, is he better four years from now than Bazz is now? Clearly yes. That's why young guys keep landing in the lottery. The risk to the GM is that they finally develop right as their rookie contract expires.

Danny Ainge has done well picking older college stars, like Sullinger and Glen Davis. They clearly are better able to contribute as rookies. I think Bazz makes a great late 1st, early second pick for a contending team that needs immediate help. He's not a great pick in the lottery, as I don't think they think he has much improvement left.

caw

Reaction Score
Ennis is a good player. He doesn't do a ton better than Napier but he's a freshman. What he does do well is a) not turn it over and b) shoot pretty well. He's got a high BBIQ and seems to have decent length for the zone.

Ennis would be horrendous is asked to do what Napier is asked to do. He is great doing what he is asked to do on the Cuse.

Napier would be pretty bad in a zone, but could probably easily replicate Ennis' offense.

I've seen people saying they would take Ennis over Irving, that's absurd, and I think Irving is terribly overrated.

The zone and the Cuse system hides a lot of his flaws, but as with most players who aren't Lebron or Durant, the system will dictate how well he does in the NBA. Could see him have a career like Andre Miller (with better shooting).

I've been more impressed with Ennis in college than I was seeing him in high school, so maybe he will surprise in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Well as a GM, I might ask, which one was better as a freshman? GMs seem to look at early ability as a predictor of later ability. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But they almost have to discount experience to some degree, and assume that any younger player will develop. So if Ennis improves as much as Bazz has in four years, is he better four years from now than Bazz is now? Clearly yes. That's why young guys keep landing in the lottery. The risk to the GM is that they finally develop right as their rookie contract expires.

Danny Ainge has done well picking older college stars, like Sullinger and Glen Davis. They clearly are better able to contribute as rookies. I think Bazz makes a great late 1st, early second pick for a contending team that needs immediate help. He's not a great pick in the lottery, as I don't think they think he has much improvement left.

Key for Ennis then is to get out while they are wondering and before JB's coaching impact hits huh? Because it's downhill from then on…….

Reaction Score
Ennis is a good player. He doesn't do a ton better than Napier but he's a freshman. What he does do well is a) not turn it over and b) shoot pretty well. He's got a high BBIQ and seems to have decent length for the zone.

Ennis would be horrendous is asked to do what Napier is asked to do. He is great doing what he is asked to do on the Cuse.

Napier would be pretty bad in a zone, but could probably easily replicate Ennis' offense.

I've seen people saying they would take Ennis over Irving, that's absurd, and I think Irving is terribly overrated.

The zone and the Cuse system hides a lot of his flaws, but as with most players who aren't Lebron or Durant, the system will dictate how well he does in the NBA. Could see him have a career like Andre Miller (with better shooting).

I've been more impressed with Ennis in college than I was seeing him in high school, so maybe he will surprise in the NBA.

Andre Miller is a good call thought the same thing…..problem is Miller had good size which is needed for their style……but again, I like Ennis but we'll have to wait and see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Key for Ennis then is to get out while they are wondering and before JB's coaching impact hits huh? Because it's downhill from then on…….

It worked for Michael Carter Williams. :)

Reaction Score
It worked for Michael Carter Williams. :)

The sooner the better they cut the chord I guess huh………

I'm not sure what MCW says about anything quite honestly………does college hoops play that much harder than the NBA? Is the NBA that much more wide open? How can a guy be that much better when he leaves college? Well, it could be a Cuse/JB thing after all huh?

He's stealing the show now and doesn't need to steal any bathrobes as they stay in posh hotels…….

Reaction Score
ennis does something better than any other pg in the country. and its the most important thing a pg can do. RUN A TEAM. his stats (other than a/to ratio) arent gonna jump off the page. but his leadership. poise. bball iq are off the charts good, especially for a frosh. he always makes the right decision. hes always in control. as a cuse fan i would not trade him for any other pg in the country, and i dont have to think twice about it. hes that good, and hes the biggest reason cuse can cut down the nets this year. watching highlights or a cuse game here or there wont tell you the whole story, watching this kid game in and game out you will see how valuable and incredible hes been.

Reaction Score
ennis does something better than any other pg in the country. and its the most important thing a pg can do. RUN A TEAM. his stats (other than a/to ratio) arent gonna jump off the page. but his leadership. poise. bball iq are off the charts good, especially for a frosh. he always makes the right decision. hes always in control. as a cuse fan i would not trade him for any other pg in the country, and i dont have to think twice about it. hes that good, and hes the biggest reason cuse can cut down the nets this year. watching highlights or a cuse game here or there wont tell you the whole story, watching this kid game in and game out you will see how valuable and incredible hes been.
We feel the same way about our pg. please leave us in peace and enjoy your team

Reaction Score

Ennis is a good player and despite what some people have said here, will most likely end up drafted before Bazz as NBA scouts like his potential. He's a very good freshman and does a good job of taking care of the ball.

With that said I'd take Bazz over Ennis every day of the week. I think Bazz is the best pg in the country right now. If you want to talk about running a team, Bazz leads UConn in points, rebounds, assists, steals, among other categories. I'm not sure what you define running a team as, but I think Bazz does this better than just about anyone.

Reaction Score

You're in dreamland pal…….you want leadership? How many times has T Ennis thrown the team on his shoulders and scored 20 plus points in the 2nd half while getting everyone else involved? There is not a better leader in the country than Shabazz Napier and you lose any integrity even comparing that. BBall IQ? You ever watch Shabazz for 4 years?

Your guy is real good, a freshman who makes a difference on a very good team. Leave it alone after that…...

caw

Reaction Score

He has been a fantastic game manager so far the year. Bazz is just a better player and PG though. There really isn't any argument. I'll repeat that what Ennis is asked to do, Bazz could handle. You can't say the same if you flip that statement. Defensively I don't think either would do well in the others shoes.

He is a fantastic fit for the Cuse and their system. After the thief, he's a huge improvement.

caw

Reaction Score
Andre Miller is a good call thought the same thing…..problem is Miller had good size which is needed for their style……but again, I like Ennis but we'll have to wait and see.

That's true, Miller is a big dude. Still best I could think of. Similarly, I've changed my mind on Bazz. At first I thought Fisher but with the vision he has displayed this year, I think it's higher than that.

Ennis would be good on the Heat where there is no pressure on him to score or create, but he doesn't seem like the type of PG who would succeed as the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom