Enjoy the year! This season is going to be fun! | The Boneyard

Enjoy the year! This season is going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I was going to post this as a reply in Husky Dad's thread but decided it deserved a thread of its own.

College basketball is fun to root for because:
- You get to watch players develop before your eyes. They come in as freshman having never played at this level, get exposed, but they work and they improve, and with the talented ones, you see the improvement game to game and week to week. It is exciting to tune into each game and see how each player progresses.
- You get to watch the team develop its chemistry. The roster changes every year and every year the team has to develop its own chemistry. Chemistry the prior year is no guarantee of good chemistry the next. They start out November as disorganized mis-cooperating players and wind up in March a finely tuned cooperating machine (2011, 2014) or a still disorganized group (2012). It's exciting to watch that progression.
- You get to watch the coaches adjust and develop their strategy. Sometimes the team's strengths and weaknesses are different than what they expected. Sometimes they spend months searching: what is the team's best way to score? The team's best pace? The team's best defensive strategy?

Every game is a new experience, and you are rewarded with progress every game.

This is one of those fun, fun teams. Enough talent to go far in March. A strong desire on the part of the players to be great - you see that already in how they play defense. Rapidly improving players - see Brimah, Facey, D Hamilton.

Everything is a work in progress, and the injuries have set the outcomes back - with Purvis and Boatright healthy throughout we are undefeated - but the team is going to improve steadily and God willing, will be injury free and a threat to win it all in March.

We are blessed to have these players and this coaching staff.

Enjoy the season! I have never felt more optimistic, as a fan, about the pleasures of game-watching than I do this year. I know I'm going to see steady improvement and that in four months this team will be a well-oiled machine. Watching how that comes about will be an unending pleasure. Enjoy it!

Reaction Score
are you really being serious?
did you watch how many layups and open shots yale had last night?
if they had made a few 3's, they would have blown uconn out.

Reaction Score
I was going to post this as a reply in Husky Dad's thread but decided it deserved a thread of its own.

This is one of those fun, fun teams. Enough talent to go far in March. A strong desire on the part of the players to be great - you see that already in how they play defense. Rapidly improving players - see Brimah, Facey, D Hamilton.

seriously? a strong desire? they got 1 offensive rebound? how can you seriously say they have a strong desire when they played that lousy last night?

i'm not trying to be a Hater but COME ON MAN!

Reaction Score
Uconn hasn't lost to an in-state team in 30 years but this team has a strong desire lmfao

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No, you're being a hater. Either that or you're 12. Look at your own activity here since the game:

http://the-boneyard.com/search/15015914/

You haven't posted anything remotely insightful or interesting; you have simply vented immature thoughts. We all have them--we get it. That's part of being a fan, and part of the function of a message board.

But it isn't your own personal primal scream therapy board. Take a break. You are not having a discussion with anyone or providing anything of value.

And remember that the things that upset us most are usually the things we like least about ourselves. You don't sound like a very happy person. If you need to spew this volume of venom about a college basketball game you might want to think about that.

Reaction Score
They would have blown "us" out.
Your use of "UConn" where most of us fans would use "us" is your tell. You're not a UConn fan.

pj

Reaction Score

Our guards are limping on sprained ankles and we still held Yale to 45 points.

seriously? a strong desire? they got 1 offensive rebound? how can you seriously say they have a strong desire when they played that lousy last night?

Rebounding has been a problem for over a year. They are improving but it takes time.

Reaction Score
Our guards are limping on sprained ankles and we still held Yale to 45 points.

Rebounding has been a problem for over a year. They are improving but it takes time.

c'mon man really? did you see how many open shots that yale missed? Nolan couldn't get a rebound to save his life and he is as big as Shaq.
why do so many of you make excuses for these players? Unreal

Reaction Score

Dude you the only one that can make freescooter's posts read like scrappy2.

I must give you some props for that astonishing ability. I really am impressed.

Reaction Score
c'mon man really? did you see how many open shots that yale missed? Nolan couldn't get a rebound to save his life and he is as big as Shaq.
why do so many of you make excuses for these players? Unreal
tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member