OT: - Enjoy the summer duke | The Boneyard

OT: Enjoy the summer duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke looked completely unprepared for this game and to make matters worse, missed shot after shot after shot.
I though this Duke team over performed to make it this far but didn’t see them losing to an 11 seed either.

Reaction Score
They say they will reload with Ngongba and Flagg but the culture there isn't it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They say they will reload with Ngongba and Flagg but the culture there isn't it.

That is sickening. Why do these kids want to play there? They’re just corny? That program has underachieved for years.

Ultimately, there’s only one basketball and many egos, and it’s pretty clear that our system is better than theirs. Still, we could have used one of the two guys they beat us out on.

Reaction Score
That is sickening. Why do these kids want to play there? They’re just corny? That program has underachieved for years.

Ultimately, there’s only one basketball and many egos, and it’s pretty clear that our system is better than theirs. Still, we could have used one of the two guys they beat us out on.
One of the reasons...

Scheyer isn’t the only one doing the recruiting. Duke quietly made an amazing hire in 2022 by naming Rachel Baker as the program’s general manager. Baker was one of the top people involved in Nike’s EYBL grassroots circuit before taking the job, and has more connections to elite recruits than just about anyone. Duke is the flagship Nike college basketball school, and Nike has a massive amount of power. None of this is a fluke.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
One of the reasons...

I see that and I’m no babe in the woods but it still doesn’t make sense. IMO Scheyer is still trading on the Duke/Coach K brand. That’s what got Flagg to commit, we know that. Are the rest getting sent there by Nike-affiliated coaches/advisors? There are plenty of other Nike schools.

Just shaking my head at that list. It’s ridiculous. Scheyer has done nothing! Needless to say I’m not a Coach K fan but he was a legend. Scheyer is going to be on the hot seat soon if he doesn’t make a Final 4. If Shead didn’t get banged up Duke wouldn’t even have been playing today.

Reaction Score
I see that and I’m no babe in the woods but it still doesn’t make sense. IMO Scheyer is still trading on the Duke/Coach K brand. That’s what got Flagg to commit, we know that. Are the rest getting sent there by Nike-affiliated coaches/advisors? There are plenty of other Nike schools.

Just shaking my head at that list. It’s ridiculous. Scheyer has done nothing! Needless to say I’m not a Coach K fan but he was a legend. Scheyer is going to be on the hot seat soon if he doesn’t make a Final 4. If Shead didn’t get banged up Duke wouldn’t even have been playing today.
It's obvious that there has been a pipeline set up via Nike and through the basketball academies that preceded Scheyer. Just look at Scheyer though. Does he look like someone that is a master recruiter? He's not overly charismatic nor a little off like Hurley.

Reaction Score
It's obvious that there has been a pipeline set up via Nike and through the basketball academies that preceded Scheyer. Just look at Scheyer though. Does he look like someone that is a master recruiter? He's not overly charismatic nor a little off like Hurley.
Just look at the poor game plan and execution playing a team for what? The fourth time this year?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Don’t these kids have agency? At some point if Scheyer’s not the dude, it’ll fall off, pipeline or not.

That list is gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32