Enjoy! Some insight into both Paige and Azzi-ballers. | The Boneyard

Enjoy! Some insight into both Paige and Azzi-ballers.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think this clip was placed on the main Paige thread but definitely deserves a thread of it's own. Getting an early start on the next great era at UConn. ;)

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They obviously have a great relationship, so it is hard for UConn fans to NOT see them together for three years in Storrs. I am sure Paige is putting on the full court press, and let us hope, hope, hope she is successful!

Question about the video - looks like it was made by Gatorade. I assume no compensation allowed for Paige or Azzi. So exposure for them, advertising/brand loyalty for Gatorade, win win?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That was just great. Azzi is a bit more subdued, but certainly burns with competitive fire. Paige on the other hand, is all competition all the time. Geno must be salivating at the prospect of having someone like that running the team as the PG. UCONN fans will absolutely love Paige. So intense.

IMHO opposing fans won't like her. Not the same as they disliked DT, but a close 2nd. I think Paige has that much potential both in skill, talent, moxie and attitude. LOVE her!!

And the thought of them as teammates - suck it opponents!! :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From what I can see of Azzi, she has a personality that is a combo of a sweetheart 16-year-old girl off the court and a cold-blooded killer on the court. Geno has said that some past players are too nice. Azzi is very nice, but not when she's playing. "Too nice" is not a description of Paige. ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think this clip was placed on the main Paige thread but definitely deserves a thread of it's own. Getting an early start on the next great era at UConn. ;)

And in the recruit thread, though I WAS told it was too long for people to keep up with.

Reaction Score
That was just great. Azzi is a bit more subdued, but certainly burns with competitive fire. Paige on the other hand, is all competition all the time. Geno must be salivating at the prospect of having someone like that running the team as the PG. UCONN fans will absolutely love Paige. So intense.

IMHO opposing fans won't like her. Not the same as they disliked DT, but a close 2nd. I think Paige has that much potential both in skill, talent, moxie and attitude. LOVE her!!

I can't wait till November when Geno can comment about Bueckers. 2 years ago he was reported saying she was ahead of DT at the same point in their development.

And best of all she has a sense of humor and gives great interviews. I miss DT's great comments.

Reaction Score

Their personalities are eerily similar to DT(Bueckers) and Maya(Azzi).

Reaction Score
Just found this while checking out the PN rankings for 2020. It's a write-up from 5 years ago when our 2020 class were 7th graders. The author, Mercedes Wetmore, was prescient. I especially like that leadership qualities were apparent even then.

Check Me Out Midwest -- Underclass | Prospects Nation

Paige Bueckers (St. Louis Park, Minn.), North Tartan 2020
Bueckers is only a seventh grader in the 2020 class and already is making noise on the court. All the teams that tried to put pressure on her this weekend found out that she has the gate and explosiveness to get by defenders in the open court and in the lane. She showed shiftiness and grit getting to the basket and really can knife-up the defense. She shoots the ball with great release and was knocking down shots from a lot of areas on the floor. What is great about her game is her command on the court. She is a leader and can handle the decision-making for the team. Hanging your hat on a kid like Bueckers is a great move in the basketball world, because she has a lot of tools and court savvy to her game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom