Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She is very understandably happy.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Now THAT's impressive! Even CD didn't try that one.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Didn't MoJeff make one of those in the second half last night?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
She must have played soccer at one time...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's the first thing I thought. Even as she is running up to it, I though, oh she's gonna do a flip throw. Nicely done though.

My favorite flip throw.

Reaction Score
Sent it to my granddaughters, offered a reward for the first one to duplicate this great feat.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That's the first thing I thought. Even as she is running up to it, I though, oh she's gonna do a flip throw. Nicely done though.

My favorite flip throw.

Man, are you a sadist. I know who you were rooting for in "The Silence of the Lambs."

But like the tall Korean rhythmic gymnast who did that wheeling flip while she threw out a perfect strike first pitch at a baseball game, these events should really be featured at halftime at games to pump up the interest. I think UConn has an inside connection for gnome-tossing contests, and standard stuff like back-to-the basket mid court heaves by a group of semi-inebriated fans from both teams would be cool for stockpiling the Youtube offerings.

Reaction Score
great, now basketball players who cannot make a free throw will practice this shot

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
This one is just as good...
The recommended videos from that one of the cheerleader dunking herself is also incredible. It's almost certainly a fake, but hey, fake entertainment shows at halftime can still be great if they're done well.

Reaction Score

There was a CT HS player that did that in the state tournament, and made a throw-in from midfield into the goal. Happened a couple years ago, don't remember names or teams.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There was a CT HS player that did that in the state tournament, and made a throw-in from midfield into the goal. Happened a couple years ago, don't remember names or teams.

No goal... Can't score directly from a throw-in. Sorry...

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
The recommended videos from that one of the cheerleader dunking herself is also incredible. It's almost certainly a fake, but hey, fake entertainment shows at halftime can still be great if they're done well.

Doubt it was a fake...she was grabbing at the back of her head where she apparently hit the rim on the way down.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Doubt it was a fake...she was grabbing at the back of her head where she apparently hit the rim on the way down.
I looked at this a few years ago frame by frame. What happens with her hands when she "goes through the hoop" doesn't look right to me.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I just can't believe it's real, especially with the way the guys are afterwards doing a parody of a freak-event celebration. I'm sure that someone did some editing work on that video, because everything about it seems fishy, especially with the precision it would take for the cheerleader to slip through the hoop and the lack of concern about what would happen to her in the almost certain situation that she missed and came down partly in the rim and partly out. Probably not too hard to put a faint rim shadow in a few frames and have the cheerleader flick something to make the net move on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom