Empty XL | The Boneyard

Empty XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sunnybeach14475003bystockproject1-d33h5n6.jpg

Hartford weather livecam.

Reaction Score
CBS Sports crew reported that the cheerleaders & students couldn't make it from Storrs because the school shut down the busses from running. Don't know if I believe them, but it's plausible.

Reaction Score
CBS Sports crew reported that the cheerleaders & students couldn't make it from Storrs because the school shut down the busses from running. Don't know if I believe them, but it's plausible.

Yup AP Writer - "@peatonrobb: #UConn not running student busses from Storrs to Hartford tonight."

Reaction Score
There's also a parking ban.

In other words, unless you take the subway or the trolley to the game or walked or drove prior to the ban, you didn't get to the game.

Reaction Score
$7.00 indoor parking. I know the one inch we have gotten paralyzed the state. I could have parked in my $5.00 lot and brushed the snow off in 30 seconds. The students have an excuse apparently, but the suits in the stands do not. In all seriousness, missed a great show by Daniels and the roads were not that bad. It was nice to have no lines at the concession stand. Where i usually park a few blocks away, it is not a problem leaving after games, but tonight was easy even from my lot one block from the XL.

Reaction Score
$7.00 indoor parking. I know the one inch we have gotten paralyzed the state. I could have parked in my $5.00 lot and brushed the snow off in 30 seconds. The students have an excuse apparently, but the suits in the stands do not. In all seriousness, missed a great show by Daniels and the roads were not that bad. It was nice to have no lines at the concession stand. Where i usually park a few blocks away, it is not a problem leaving after games, but tonight was easy even from my lot one block from the XL.

And the reason why this could not have been posted on the basketball board is...?

Reaction Score
And the reason why this could not have been posted on the basketball board is...?

Questioning our great fan base. Part of the joy of a New England winter would be 12,000 or more fans braving the elements to see their Huskies. Perception is everything

Reaction Score
But if you really wanted to "question our great fan base" for not coming out in a blizzard, shouldn't you be doing that where the bball fan base is - on the bball forum?

Seems like posting it here will raise the question with visiting fans, where you creating a mis perception "is everything".

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
You could combine the crowds at Conte and the Dunk tonight and not fill a High School gym.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There's also a parking ban.

In other words, unless you take the subway or the trolley to the game or walked or drove prior to the ban, you didn't get to the game.

The parking ban is for the streets not the lots.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you question people not wanting to deal with that crap to see Temple... seriously the roads are awful - sticking my car in a ditch or guardrail for the opportunity to watch Temple? Pass.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, and there's also no subway or trolley

Honestly it's hard to get when you are sarcastic because I wouldn't be completely shocked if you thought there was still a trolley in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Questioning our great fan base. Part of the joy of a New England winter would be 12,000 or more fans braving the elements to see their Huskies. Perception is everything

Have followed hoops for close to fifty plus years growing up in CT following the team on black and white TV out of the old field house, am a UCONN grad having lettered in a D1 sport....had tickets and live in S.E Mass with Blizzard warnings. Did not go....You questioning my (our) loyalty. ?? Your head must be up your ass Because, obviously, you didn't hear that there were extreme travel warnings. ARE YOU AN IDIOT???

caw

Reaction Score
Have followed hoops for close to fifty plus years growing up in CT following the team on black and white TV out of the old field house, am a UCONN grad having lettered in a D1 sport....had tickets and live in S.E Mass with Blizzard warnings. Did not go....You questioning my (our) loyalty. ?? Your head must be up your ass Because, obviously, you didn't hear that there were extreme travel warnings. ARE YOU AN IDIOT???

I think that last sentence is a given for the OP.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This was a dumb thread.

We've had some dumb threads, but now that I've seen this one, I'm not so sure those threads truly qualify as a dumb threads. It's like a bar has been raised and the previous dumb threads look like a discussion on a Mensa forum.

Anyone who read this thread should get a free tee shirt or something for their suffering.

Reaction Score

I hope you got your bread and milk at the gas station while filling your gas tank.

Reaction Score
I hope you got your bread and milk at the gas station while filling your gas tank.
Dude your OP came of as being a troll. The drive was awful from Plainville to cheshire at 530pm. I can't imagine going through HTFD. Posting that on his forum is simply being a dick.

Reaction Score
Who Ha said:

You're kidding me, right? I don't post much but do you realize that not everyone lives upstate that has tickets? I got 11.5" in my yard and took over 2 hours to get from Stamford to Norwalk. Took my boss 4.5 hours to get from Stamford to Fairfield. The roads were beyond terrible, some of the worst I've ever driven in. Remember, it's just not upstate folks that have tickets...

Reaction Score
FYI…

BC lost to G Tech last night in Chestnut Hill. Attendance at Conte was 1,789. That arena is on –campus, i.e. students can walk there without a bus (unless they live in the dorms up by the law school) and BC in general has subway (T) access, though I know from personal experience it can come to a halt in a heavy snowstorm (April Fool’s Blizzard of 1997).

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/012214aaa.html

PC beat Butler (what on earth has happened to them this season?) at the Donut, attendance 2,022. PC students do have to take a shuttle to watch games there and I have no idea if they were running or not. Providence, unlike Hartford, which only has sporadic Amtrak regional train service, does have commuter rail access and Amtrak service.
http://www.friars.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2013-2014/jan21.html

Kind of makes UConn’s attendance at the XL of 4,700 look respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom