Empty seats at Gampel looked like (gulp) a UConn football game (DiMauro) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Empty seats at Gampel looked like (gulp) a UConn football game (DiMauro)

Reaction Score
DiMauro is such a homer. Anything to trash UConn, even if he knows it’s a crock.
It doesn't matter, of course UConn draws more than BCU BUT even being able to draw a comparison to what is the most apathetic fan base in college sports is an indictment of UConn. Of course BCU had no one there for High Point, but the fact that we are forced into this debate to at least look better than THE WORST fanbase is a problem. Of course the fact that Dimauro is a homer and prdick is also a problem.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter, of course UConn draws more than BCU BUT even being able to draw a comparison to what is the most apathetic fan base in college sports is an indictment of UConn. Of course BCU had no one there for High Point, but the fact that we are forced into this debate to at least look better than THE WORST fanbase is a problem. Of course the fact that Dimauro is a homer and prdick is also a problem.

I said earlier in the thread that we need to improve so I agree with you on the broad point and on DiMauro. I just can’t stand the idea that a BC shill is calling out UConn fans for not coming out Wednesday by saying that you have a problem when you can’t outdraw BC. Uhh, DiMauro, if that’s the benchmark, to me it’s BC that has a larger problem. It’s an urban/suburban school in a world class city with easy access via public transport playing in the “number one” basketball league in the country. That says a lot more about BC than it does UConn.

Reaction Score
While I want to say "who cares?" I will footnote that by saying there is no way we lose that game if Gampel was full. The roof would have blown off the building during that run we had...

That being said, I wouldn't expect many fans on a weeknight, vs. what should have been a cupcake, to show up to Gampel especially a few days prior to playing FL. The fans were ready for FL and not St. Joe's and evidently the players felt the same way.

Will be rockin on Sunday and hopeful for a better outcome and much more effort and intensity on defense.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the new world of needing new fancy arenas with many attractions other than basketball. LOL

Reaction Score
While I want to say "who cares?" I will footnote that by saying there is no way we lose that game if Gampel was full. The roof would have blown off the building during that run we had...

That being said, I wouldn't expect many fans on a weeknight, vs. what should have been a cupcake, to show up to Gampel especially a few days prior to playing FL. The fans were ready for FL and not St. Joe's and evidently the players felt the same way.

Will be rockin on Sunday and hopeful for a better outcome and much more effort and intensity on defense.
I went to UConn and have been a fan for many years. Weekday games were always a well received distraction for both students and alumni. I would expect fans to enjoy a relaxing ‘tuneup’ for the Florida game. Unfortunately didn’t turn out so well.

Reaction Score
Just came across the Friday night WVU-Pitt game on ESPNU. Lots of empty seats.

Reaction Score
There are consequences to allowing your athletic program to turn into Rutgers for 3 years. Record breaking bad football. Bad men's basketball. Bad Men's ice hockey. Bad men's and women's soccer. It takes its toll. Morale is rock low. That's not even factoring in conference realignment and NCAA kicks the school took on the chin.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
CT fans are notorious fair weather fans. My brother used to yell at people leaving the Rent early. He'd say: "stop crying about the Whalers...you're the reason they left!"

It's people like us here on the BY that have to carry the torch through the tough times. I will admittedly get upset though when we are back in the BE and I start seeing people again that I haven't seen in years at games. I've been here all along...WHERE WERE YOU? I feel like a shareholder of UCONN men's hoops at this point...and I never sold.

Reaction Score
CT fans are notorious fair weather fans. My brother used to yell at people leaving the Rent early. He'd say: "stop crying about the Whalers...you're the reason they left!"

It's people like us here on the BY that have to carry the torch through the tough times. I will admittedly get upset though when we are back in the BE and I start seeing people again that I haven't seen in years at games. I've been here all along...WHERE WERE YOU? I feel like a shareholder of UCONN men's hoops at this point...and I never sold.
I saw a decent amount of people leave the Shabazz buzzer beater game early. Why waste time and money only to leave early?

Reaction Score
Just win. Fans will come. The college basketball season just starts too early. No buzz in the sport. Season should be starting right before Thanksgiving. imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom