Empty promises and empty seats: After 15 years, Rentschler Field struggles to match expectations (Putterman) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Empty promises and empty seats: After 15 years, Rentschler Field struggles to match expectations (Putterman)

Reaction Score
The problems with the Rent are not just limited to declining UConn football attendance numbers. UConn only plays six games there a year. The real issue is the stadium gets very few other big scale bookings. It has not had a single concert in ten years. Very little new development has occurred in and around the stadium because it makes little business sense to build near something that is empty nearly every day of the year. The Rent is always going to struggle given its limited usage (which is not likley to change). Even if UConn sold out all its games, that will not change this dynamic.

why doesn't the stadium get big time shows in there anymore?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think there are many acts out there that fit that sweet spot at The Rent. Those that do play at Fenway and Citi Field.

Reaction Score

Get off my lawn!
I’ve heard shows destroy the turf with all the equipment and all the other weight included with puttin on a big show

Reaction Score
I don't think there are many acts out there that fit that sweet spot at The Rent. Those that do play at Fenway and Citi Field.
Get off my lawn!
I’ve heard shows destroy the turf with all the equipment and all the other weight included with puttin on a big show

Those and town noise ordinance/permitted decibel levels.

Reaction Score
I thought that after the first two loud concerts that the neighborhoods nearby were successful in getting more concerts banned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom