Emporia State @ Kansas | The Boneyard

Emporia State @ Kansas

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
on ESPN3 if anyone interested.

Brandon Schneider has picked up some nice Jr College Players.

PG Christalah Lyons is a speedy guard and has some nice defensive plays.

Brianna Osorio is a SG that has a nice stroke and off the dribble baskets. Very active on the floor.

2 nice pickups for the Jayhawks.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Brenda Vanlengen on the call and going over the rules changes.

No longer called flagrant 1 or flagrant 2

Instead

Flagrant 1--Unsportsmanlike Foul
Flagrant 2--Disqualifying Foul

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Kansas wins 69-49.

Jayhawks led by all those Jr College transfers.

Its a good fix but makes me want to see the Huskies in action on Wednesday!!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Brenda Vanlengen on the call and going over the rules changes.

No longer called flagrant 1 or flagrant 2

Instead

Flagrant 1--Unsportsmanlike Foul
Flagrant 2--Disqualifying Foul
Two new rules that I found interesting that I didn't know -
- There will be a technical foul assessed if the referee is reviewing a "flagrant foul" situation on the monitor and it is determined that the fouled player "faked it". Only on monitor reviews of the specified situation. The rational is that this is becoming more common.
- Reviews of shots made before the shot-clock expires can be made throughout the game, but only on made shots, replacing a rule that permitted this only in the last 2 minutes and any shot (I guess it would matter if the shot hit the rim and was rebounded, but they won't check that anymore, so there may be some instances where they get it wrong), they want consistency on reviewing scoring plays.

Reaction Score
Two new rules that I found interesting that I didn't know -
- There will be a technical foul assessed if the referee is reviewing a "flagrant foul" situation on the monitor and it is determined that the fouled player "faked it". Only on monitor reviews of the specified situation. The rational is that this is becoming more common.
- Reviews of shots made before the shot-clock expires can be made throughout the game, but only on made shots, replacing a rule that permitted this only in the last 2 minutes and any shot (I guess it would matter if the shot hit the rim and was rebounded, but they won't check that anymore, so there may be some instances where they get it wrong), they want consistency on reviewing scoring plays.
While rewatching a few years worth of USF games I noticed some pretty spectacular flopping going on that was obvious enough to merit commentators noting that it was a european league style touch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In an interesting result, It was a tough weekend for Penn State. Losing by a point in football to tOSU, then losing by 6 in an Exhibition game to the Cedarville Yellow Jackets, 59-53.....Ouch.

Lady Lions Fall to Cedarville in Exhibition, 59-53
I was previously unaware of Cedarville. This is embarrassing.

BTW, De’Janae had 6 points and 9 rebounds.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In an interesting result, It was a tough weekend for Penn State. Losing by a point in football to tOSU, then losing by 6 in an Exhibition game to the Cedarville Yellow Jackets, 59-53.....Ouch.

Lady Lions Fall to Cedarville in Exhibition, 59-53
The football loss was excruciating for the Nittany faithful, but man, that basketball result was far more embarrassing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Come on Rocky you're not that old.

Boykin, in KLS/Collier class.

I know who she is. My post was my statement; leave UConn without trying, you disappear to me. Maybe I should have winked?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom