Emmy Nominations | The Boneyard

Emmy Nominations

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
2017 Emmy Nominations: Complete List of Nominees

Disappointing with how unsurprising it was. With the huge spectrum of shows on TV, most of the nominations came from a handful of shows.

observations:

Game of Thrones came up very light. The cast was so scattered this season, and Clarke, Turner and Harrington were core to the season and are not award caliber actors. Episode 10 should have gotten best direction. The first 16 minutes of that episode were amazing.

The Night Of got too much love. I don't think Ahmed or Turturro were deserving of nominations. Camp was OK. Michael Kenneth Williams has done much better work in the past.

Homeland came up light. Danes has gotten nominated in the past for weaker seasons.

Jane Krakowski and/or Carol Kane absolutely deserved a nomination for supporting actress in a comedy. That category is super weak.

Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgard should win. Their scenes were the most tense and disturbing television of the last year, and must have been incredibly difficult to act. Laura Dern is terrible, and does not deserve a nomination for anything.

Silicon Valley's T. J. Miller was robbed. Bachman is a tough part to play, and he is excellent. Nanjiani and Matt Ross were good too. It particularly bugs me because Burrell, Hale and Walsh didn't really deserve their nominations. They have had stronger seasons.

If VEEP was going to get any Supporting Actor nomination, it should have gone to Timothy Simons. Jonah Ryan is one of the best characters on television, and Simons is awesome with a character that could be very silly with a lesser actor.

Westworld was excellent, and deserved the love it got. Anthony Hopkins should practice his acceptance speech, and Jeffrey Wright should be ready too.

Covered elsewhere, but I don't get the House of Cards love.

Samuel Roukin should have gotten a nomination for Lt. Simcoe in Turn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They snubbed The Leftovers again?

Not even worth paying attention to their dopey awards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom