Emmitt Matthews Jr Highlight | The Boneyard

Emmitt Matthews Jr Highlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me how this kid is ranked in the 100s or higher? Seems like hes a good shooter with good athleticism. Rankings are such a crapshoot.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me how this kid is ranked in the 100s or higher? Seems like hes a good shooter with good athleticism. Rankings are such a crapshoot.

I don't know but I've read articles where he says that it is because he's from Tacoma and that usually everyone focuses on the players from Seattle instead. And even though it doesn't appear that his high school plays against great competition, I heard he played very well on the under armour aau circuit. Plus, it is pretty easy to see that he is athletic, greath length for a wing, can shoot, has a feel for the game etc. I'm also surprised he isn't considered a top 100 player

Reaction Score
He doesn’t/didn’t play AAU ball, which factors a lot into rankings because the experts value that more so.

Edit: I guess he does play AAU, I thought I read somewhere that he didn’t.

Reaction Score
I dont Think any of us have seen him play an actual game? Maybe he can’t dribble? He shot 35percent from 3 on UAA which is a decent number. I wish their were full games somewhere, give u a better answer.

Reaction Score
I dont Think any of us have seen him play an actual game? Maybe he can’t dribble? He shot 35percent from 3 on UAA which is a decent number. I wish their were full games somewhere, give u a better answer.

Dribble looks pretty good to me -- also his in game dunking is pretty impressive

Reaction Score
UAA circuit:
2P: 54%
3P: 36%
FT: 85%

The FT% is encouraging because FT% is usually a solid gauge for how good of a shooter a player can be. His shot is nowhere near as quick as Akinjo’s though. He’ll need adequate spacing.

Reaction Score
Sorry one more video that you can see his handles in action here. Looks better than Larrier, also this YouTube channel does more for this high school team than the UConn video department does for MBB/WBB in terms of behind the scenes shots, on the court video, and highlights. Sad.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
UAA circuit:
2P: 54%
3P: 36%
FT: 85%

The FT% is encouraging because FT% is usually a solid gauge for how good of a shooter a player can be. His shot is nowhere near as quick as Akinjo’s though. He’ll need adequate spacing.

A Anderson is a good free throw shooter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The FT% is encouraging because FT% is usually a solid gauge for how good of a shooter a player can be.

Tell that to Antoine Anderson. Maybe he'll start shooting north of the Mendoza.

His shot is nowhere near as quick as Akinjo’s though. He’ll need adequate spacing.

What is he, like 6'7? He should have the length to shoot over most guards, if he can make the transition to the two.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dribble looks pretty good to me -- also his in game dunking is pretty impressive

Nice skills. Most of the time it looks like he's playing against the high school equivalent of chairs though.

Reaction Score
He remind me a lot of Tyler Polley from the highlights

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Three words: late growth spurt.

As a sophomore, he was being evaluated as a skinny 6'2" combo guard without a defining skill to separate him from the crowd. He's grown almost 6 inches since then and largely retained much of the guard skills he had when he was shorter.

Exercise caution as far as getting too excited: He's still skinny as hell, the college game is going to be rough on him until he can hit the weight room.

Reaction Score
He's more explosive and natural than Polley. The guy he's going to be compared to by coaches, fans, media etc is Jeremy Lamb. Hopefully, he can be close to as good.

Reaction Score
Enjoy watching him progress into what can be a special player. The key this team needs tho is a lock down 3 shooter. Just to take the heat off these guards who are forced to go inside every time.

Reaction Score
I also enjoy in this video, everyone comes out in the team warmup shirts and instead he's sporting UConn

He'll be a customer, standing in the presence of a declining powerhouse

We'll see how his thin frame matches up with the big boys, I like his shot will spread the floor for James

Reaction Score
Tell that to Antoine Anderson. Maybe he'll start shooting north of the Mendoza.

AA mechanics and form are the issue. He's never square to the hoop and has too much going on (too late to fix that issue in his career) and with the upgrade in talent it has compounded his deficiencies.

At the free throw line his mechanics and being square while keeping everything simple aid to his high percentage. Hopefully he can break out of his shooting slump to take pressure off the guards and bigs. He was never a great shooter but was better than what he is showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom