Emmert's Trophy Presentation | The Boneyard

Emmert's Trophy Presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Oh boy, my wife, like me a UCONN grad, is on the warpath. Drafting an editorial for the paper as we speak. The more she thinks about Emmert's behavior the angrier she is getting. It was shameful and disgusting. To not man up and say something in the way of congratulations when presenting the trophy was disgusting. Walking off the stage without any acknowledgement of his beloved "student athletes" was even worse. No UCONN is not a team of One and Done's we are a team of Won and Done's!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Compare last year's to last night's:

Reaction Score
I dunno, I'd rather he said nothing and let his lackey do it as he did than listen to Emmert say something he clearly would not have meant. And the fact that Emmert didn't have the guts to speak makes it even better that Shabazz spoke up and put him in his place.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Oh boy, my wife, like me a UCONN grad, is on the warpath. Drafting an editorial for the paper as we speak. The more she thinks about Emmert's behavior the angrier she is getting. It was shameful and disgusting. To not man up and say something in the way of congratulations when presenting the trophy was disgusting. Walking off the stage without any acknowledgement of his beloved "student athletes" was even worse. No UCONN is not a team of One and Done's we are a team of Won and Done's!

As long as she is writing this letter to the editor, you may want to suggest that she place it where it is more likely to do the most good....

Have her send it to the Indianapolis Star and News.

Reaction Score
I dunno, I'd rather he said nothing and let his lackey do it as he did than listen to Emmert say something he clearly would not have meant. And the fact that Emmert didn't have the guts to speak makes it even better that Shabazz spoke up and put him in his place.
This is nothing about nothing...can't stand Emmert and what they did to us...twice....but he didn't do anything to disrespect us at all. The NCAA Tournament Director presented the trophy.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong...didn't all of the APR bull$hit happen under Emmert's watch when he was the chancellor at UCONN?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What an absolute joke... and Kentucky has a bunch of players who show up for a semester then drop out to play in the league how in the world have they not had some sort of APR issue... makes 0 sense.

Reaction Score
Emmert is a disgrace to the NCAA and to fair-minded people everywhere. I believe he had personal revenge motivations to seek sanctions against UConn and struck when UConn was must vulnerable to conference realignment issues. A really bad guy.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
What an absolute joke... and Kentucky has a bunch of players who show up for a semester then drop out to play in the league how in the world have they not had some sort of APR issue... makes 0 sense.

Yup! Not a one of them ever takes a 200's level course....

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Emmert left in 99.
It was the financial scandal that took place on his watch. But he had recruiting and grades scandals at LSU and Montana, after leaving here. He always seems to leave before the spit hits the fan.

Reaction Score
I think he had his ACC lackey make the presentation because he was afraid that someone would say something ugly that might spoil the moment. Anyone think the Wake guy was thinking, "sheesh, we took Syracuse and Pitt???"

Reaction Score
This is nothing about nothing...can't stand Emmert and what they did to us...twice....but he didn't do anything to disrespect us at all. The NCAA Tournament Director presented the trophy.
He's a miserable, measly, officious, bureaucratic, vindictive, pasty faced little excuse for a man. Did you see Private Parts? He's pig vomit He is every little pipsqueak you ever hated and then dreaded when he somehow achieved a position of power over you. Remember your worst nightmare? He may not be it, but he's in it.

Reaction Score
PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong...didn't all of the APR bull$hit happen under Emmert's watch when he was the chancellor at UCONN?

No, he presided over the mismanagement of the building of Hilltop and all the construction issues. He knew about them but told no one, and by the time this was dug up, he was already LSU's chancellor.

The trophy presentation just revealed him for the gutless weasel he truly, truly is.

Reaction Score
Per the rules, UCONN did deserve some penalty for the APR standards not being maintained, but the outcome did not fit the crime. Apparently, UNC's academic irregularities weren't much of a concern to them. And that's really at the heart of the matter. Selective enforcement.

Reaction Score
Per the rules, UCONN did deserve some penalty for the APR standards not being maintained, but the outcome did not fit the crime. Apparently, UNC's academic irregularities weren't much of a concern to them. And that's really at the heart of the matter. Selective enforcement.
Dude. There are no rules. No standards. The schools set the standards, and then Emmert comes in and says you met them, or you didn't meet them, whatever he likes. That's why North Carolina is not in violation. What they did doesn't violate North Carolina's standards, therefore, no NCAA violation. It's all BS. BTW, I just saw the pasty faced mf at the womens final four.

Reaction Score
Dr. Mark uttered a couple of words off mike at the womens's trophy presentation, and patted Gino on the back.

Reaction Score
Geno avoided the handshake twice: on the court after the game and again on the podium. Emmert seems to be the type who thinks he can be a bad person, but everyone will play nice in front of the cameras. And remember, the APR is not even about academics! It's more about player retention which is important for the product the NCAA sells. But, their marketing/propaganda once again is a lie designed to make everyone blame the players.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
c'mon, I love it

the man's embarrassed, he's a coward, he's classless, he showed the world who he is

he was probably afraid the kids would mock his sorry losing

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Per the rules, UCONN did deserve some penalty for the APR standards not being maintained
How about you acquire some basic knowledge of the situation before posting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom