Emeka's letter to younger self | The Boneyard

Emeka's letter to younger self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure these letters were written in retrospect. They aren't actual childhood letters.

Reaction Score
These successful people amaze me. They can see into the future. The rest of us are at a huge disadvantage.

Reaction Score
That was a helluva little recruiting piece he just gave us for free. It would only be better if he wrote that a year ago and also pointed out that he played in the largest market in the country without a pro team, while at a school making tremendous inverstments in its research programs.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
17 year old David Ortiz looks exactly like...

...37 year old David Ortiz.

Also, Travis Pastrana's letter was really really good.

Reaction Score
Above basketball, he had a goal to graduate in 3 years! Other players have a goal to leave college in 3 years to go Pro. Furthermore I don't recall any of my classmates (athletes or not) having a goal of graduating in 3 years. My goal involved women, fun, partying and surviving with a degree in 4 years.

The kid can be whatever he wants to be.

Reaction Score
Great read. After close to 10 years. He still remembers the first practice.

The first practice will be a monster in every sense of the word. You'll learn that Coach Calhoun always makes that first practice hard because he wants to instill toughness. Afterward, everything will hurt. You'll lie in the fetal position in that extra-long, twin-sized dorm-room bed questioning if you have what it takes.

I wonder if Ollie's first practice is as tough ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom