Emeka wants to return to NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka wants to return to NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The skipping training camp part is definitely concerning, fine for the Clemens example and quite frankly Ray Allen (former superstars, legendary work ethics, polar opposite methods but both known for keeping their bodies in great shape). So from the time away standpoint and possible injury concerns (similarly how I'm VERY skeptical of Embid who didn't play summer league but 76ers fans are optimistic?!), the missing camp part certainly decreases odds of an Emeka comeback. But hope to see him on Friday night - could be a more telling early gauge.

Reaction Score
handling pick and roll coverages, defensive rotations still requires some sense of timing imo, hell, the guy you referenced (Ezeli) looked awful coming back from his knee surgery and looked a second late in processing everything this past season . Either way getting back to my original point his agent has floated this same line about him coming back and joining a contender midway or during the early part of the season the last 2 years and nothing has ever come of it so I'll believe it when I see it.

Fair points. It could end up he's a liability and ends up a 12th man, or an insurance policy on injured reserve. But I'm sure someone will take a chance on some extra frontcourt depth for a cheap price, so he'll get the opportunity to prove he can be more than that. I can see why he thinks it's worth a shot (Rip, not so much - his skillset became somewhat obsolete a couple years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom