Emeka wants to return to NBA | The Boneyard

Emeka wants to return to NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Scrolling on ESPN. He wants to join a contending team in December or January.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I'm still eligible to play intramural sports at any division three school or community college as long as my wife signs a waiver and I only play third string. I'm a beast!!!!!

Reaction Score
Scrolling on ESPN. He wants to join a contending team in December or January.

I'm returning to the NBA.

BTW, why is that gorgeous women on the right hand side of the screen wearing a "bad idea t-shirt"? What's so bad about it?:confused:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This is getting embarrassing for us.

Duke, UK, and KU are taking their picks at each class' next all star that they'll send to the league and meanwhile UConn's alum look like a scene from walking dead.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For us, maybe him. He got pushed out the NBA because of his inability to play in the small ball model, it's only gotten more pronounced in the last couple years.

Unless he turned into Antoine Walker or AI I would hope he never has to work again, or his kids' kids's kids'.....

This is getting embarrassing for us

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is getting embarrassing for us.

Duke, UK, and KU are taking their picks at each classes next all star that they'll send to the league and meanwhile UConn's alum look like a scene from walking dead.

WTF are you talking about? A UConn player who has battled back problems wants to play again because he feels good. How embarrassing.

Jim Calhoun talked in the article about what a great student and person he was at UConn. I cringed at that embarrassing part in the article.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
WTF are you talking about? A UConn player who has battled back problems wants to play again because he feels good. How embarrassing.

Jim Calhoun talked in the article about what a great student and person he was at UConn. I cringed at that embarrassing part in the article.
Bringing up how good of a student he was at UConn to harp at heart strings doesnt mean anything in the league. Emeka was derailed by injuries yes, but not just any regular injuries. He's a big man with back injuries, which is basically a career ender. Not only that but the guy has not stepped on the court in nearly 4 years. If you think a player can return when away from the game for 4 years then you clearly dont watch any NBA basketball, its just not gonna happen. And my comment wasnt aimed at just EO specifically, its just that in the last month about 5 old timers have expressed interest to return to the league for the obvious money being thrown around, and 4 of them are old UConn alum, at one point it just gets funny.

Reaction Score
Bringing up how good of a student he was at UConn to harp at heart strings doesnt mean anything in the league. Emeka was derailed by injuries yes, but not just any regular injuries. He's a big man with back injuries, which is basically a career ender. Not only that but the guy has not stepped on the court in nearly 4 years. If you think a player can return when away from the game for 4 years then you clearly dont watch any NBA basketball, its just not gonna happen. And my comment wasnt aimed at just EO specifically, its just that in the last month about 5 old timers have expressed interest to return to the league for the obvious money being thrown around, and 4 of them are old UConn alum, at one point it just gets funny.
Sounds like you didn't read the article and if you did, then something is wrong with you. He had offers last year, how won't he make it in the league.

Reaction Score

and I'm sure you'd say it to his face too.

I just wish I could see what the sniveling little who knows how well the former star athlete who he hasn't seen play the game for 4 years will do in his bid for a comeback looks like.

I'd say the odds are against him, but good luck to him and all our other guys trying to get a paycheck out there right now. I don't get the 'fans' who sit there and doubt or crap on alumni who have never done UConn wrong. There's being realistic, and there's being a total piece of crap because it makes you feel better about not having his millions.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
and I'm sure you'd say it to his face too.

I just wish I could see what the sniveling little who knows how well the former star athlete who he hasn't seen play the game for 4 years will do in his bid for a comeback looks like.

I'd say the odds are against him, but good luck to him and all our other guys trying to get a paycheck out there right now. I don't get the 'fans' who sit there and doubt or crap on alumni who have never done UConn wrong. There's being realistic, and there's being a total piece of crap because it makes you feel better about not having his millions.
LMAO. Alright tough guy

Reaction Score
Emeka is a completely different case study than somebody like Rip, Ray, or BG, and there is no sense in lumping him in with them in an effort to deliver a lame punchline.

He turns 34 in September. Last seen in the NBA, he was still a double-double guy who could protect the rim. I don't know whether his body still permits him to do those things, but I also don't think of Emeka as the type of guy who would give it a go if he didn't think he was healthy enough.

He's one of the smartest guys - in and on court sense - to ever play here, so even accounting for how the game has evolved since he last played in the league, I trust that his intelligence can compensate for however big the learning curve might be. He's a terrific guy to have in the locker-room, and should be able to play somewhere on the vet minimum (Golden State would be interesting) if he can prove he's healthy enough to do it.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he be ready to go in a training camp? If he's not healthy now when he hasn't played in a couple of seasons then he's done, his name has been floated out there for the past couple of years as possibly joining a playoff team after the AS break and nothing has ever come of it, I doubt we'll ever see him on the court again.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he be ready to go in a training camp? If he's not healthy now when he hasn't played in a couple of seasons then he's done, his name has been floated out there for the past couple of years as possibly joining a playoff team after the AS break and nothing has ever come of it, I doubt we'll ever see him on the court again.

I suppose it's possible he's healthy but doesn't think his body can handle a full season.

I would think the market for a guy like him would be much bigger this time of year, though.

Reaction Score

I just don't think he wants grind of training camp. When given the opportunity, most vets would prefer not to do the camp.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Ben and Mek are still young men, under 35. Not crazy for them to try and ball another few years. Rip and Ray though!...

Reaction Score
I just don't think he wants grind of training camp. When given the opportunity, most vets would prefer not to do the camp.
Out 2 seasons, 34 years old, good luck joining a team 3 months into a season with no camp and all that rust.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Out 2 seasons, 34 years old, good luck joining a team 3 months into a season with no camp and all that rust.
Please put away the reality and start digging up Emeka's spotless transcript while at UConn like the others.

Reaction Score
Please put away the reality and start digging up Emeka's spotless transcript while at UConn like the others.

There's a difference between making a comment on the reality of him joining the team and saying "This is getting embarrassing for us".

I'm still trying to figure out how this is "embarrassing" for UConn.

Reaction Score

How sharp do you have to be to grab rebounds and defend the rim? If he wants lots of post touches, sure, it's going to be tough. But if he's trying to be the backup 5 on a contender - ala Festus Ezeli, no reason to think he can't have some role at age 34.

He played his whole career on crappy teams -- so the chance to be even a fringe contributor on a contender may be something that's worthwhile to him.

Reaction Score
How sharp do you have to be to grab rebounds and defend the rim? If he wants lots of post touches, sure, it's going to be tough. But if he's trying to be the backup 5 on a contender - ala Festus Ezeli, no reason to think he can't have some role at age 34.

He played his whole career on crappy teams -- so the chance to be even a fringe contributor on a contender may be something that's worthwhile to him.
handling pick and roll coverages, defensive rotations still requires some sense of timing imo, hell, the guy you referenced (Ezeli) looked awful coming back from his knee surgery and looked a second late in processing everything this past season . Either way getting back to my original point his agent has floated this same line about him coming back and joining a contender midway or during the early part of the season the last 2 years and nothing has ever come of it so I'll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom