Emeka to Wizards | The Boneyard

Emeka to Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
a few places are saying:

Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza have been traded to the Washington Wizards for Rashard Lewis and the #46 pick

Reaction Score
just a thought...would it be possible for the hornet to sign gordon and paul...i know paul will probobly resign with the clippers but imagine if he left the clips and went back to the hornets...the hornets starting 5 would be:

CP3
Eric Gordon
SF: (#10 pick)?
PF: Jason Smith
Anthony Davis

Reaction Score
Good move by the Wizards... wish Okafor could've somehow ended up in Philly.. My Sixers need frontcourt help in the worst way...

Reaction Score
Wizards Line up

PG: Wall
SG: Beal
SF: Crawford
PF: Nene
C: OK4

6th man: Ariza

or

SG: Crawford
SF: Kidd-Gilchrist/Barnes

Reaction Score
Not sure it was a good move for the wizards. they trade an expiring deal for two contracts that are overpriced and will be around for several more years. It will help them get some more wins on the court, but not enough to matter.

Reaction Score
Not sure it was a good move for the wizards. they trade an expiring deal for two contracts that are overpriced and will be around for several more years. It will help them get some more wins on the court, but not enough to matter.

All of the specificiations are not out yet...but i would only say this is a good deal in the long run for the wizards if they got the 10th pick also...but now they have 3 horrible contracts...nene's is baaaaadddd!

Reaction Score
fair point prog.

but does any team really have 'enough to matter' with Miami in the conference. this doesn't cripple them and they get productive players for a couple years. its not as if Washington is a free agent destination for elite players even if they have cap space, trades might be the only way to get quality players. Emeka, despite his injuries and seemingly disappointing career, has actually been a nice player (not the #2 quality). not many guys have averaged a double double with 1.8 bpg over an 8 year period like he has. he just needs to stay on the court.

Reaction Score
yes but look at what the thunder did...they built through the draft...thats the only way the wizards have a shot to becoming a very good team...no free agent is going to go there

Reaction Score
they still have the #3 pick and Wall... its not like they are giving up the young players or picks and when its time for them to resign their young guys Okafor and Ariza will be off the books.

i thought trade made alot of sense for both sides.

Reaction Score
they should have draft beal, amnestied blatche and drafted another stud next year...who knows maybe they will get a top5 pick again next year...emeka's and nene's contracts are around $13/14 million each per year...its easier to go bad to good/great than from mediocre to good/great

Reaction Score
That is an awful team no matter how you slice it

Wizards Line up

or

caw

Reaction Score
That makes no sense for the Wizards unless the #10 is involved.

EDIT: well it doesn't look like it is. Wizards got bent over.

Hornets may have a decent squad going forward.

PG: Jack
SG: Gordon
SF: Aminu
PF: Davis
C: ??

Bench:
Dyson :-p

Crap ton of cap space also if they cut Lewis.

Reaction Score
Is Okafor thought of as a PF or a Center in the NBA? I believe he's played mostly center but his game to me is like PF Buck Williams (rebound hog). I just think he would thrive at the PF position.

Reaction Score
i think the trade made good sense for both teams

Okafor is a 4 who plays the 5. there are very few true 5's in the league

Reaction Score
Is Okafor thought of as a PF or a Center in the NBA? I believe he's played mostly center but his game to me is like PF Buck Williams (rebound hog). I just think he would thrive at the PF position.

Most 4s in today's league are too quick for him.

Reaction Score
Really don't see what the motivation was for Washington to make this deal. Trade one bad contract for two that will each be on the books a year longer. If they wanted to get rid of Lewis why not just use the amnesty on him? Not to mention they already have Nene at center, who is also locked into a long contract. They essentially limited their cap flexibility for the next three years. This is a great move for New Orleans though. The only good thing that comes out of this for Washington is it almost certainly means Beal will be the pick @ the 3 spot, but this is still a very questionable trade on their part.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think this is a good trade for the Wizards. The Wizards problem was their locker room and effort imo. Okafor and Nene were good additions to their locker rooms and are upgrades over McGee and Blatche. They are more consistent and can rebound and bang down low. Ariza is an athletic wing and pretty good defender that can give them something coming off the bench. Since they already have Crawford they should draft MKG to give them another high motor, good defender type player at the 3. The Wizards were hot at the end of the season and John Wall was actually playing very well. They could be a playoff team next year that bases their team on defense and rebounding.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Wizards Line up

or

Get rid of Crwaford

Reaction Score
Okafor has very quietly averaged a double-double for his career.

12.7 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.

Reaction Score
In what sense is this a good deal for the Wizards? They're not even close to being a good team and they just killed their cap space with two marginal players who are gonna make $40M+ over the next two years.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because they got rid of Rashard Lewis, one of the most expensive players in the NBA who never plays, and picked up two guys who can actually contribute. Okafor with defense and rebounding. Giving them another big outside of Nene. Then they have Ariza who is a good defender and can score. So they basically picked up two guys who can contribute and got rid of one guy who didn't play much if at all. Okafor also gives them another great locker room person. Something they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom