Emeka Okafor Heading to Training Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emeka Okafor Heading to Training Camp

Reaction Score
His game kind of reminds me of Celtics newbie Aron Baynes, who was also 6’10 250. Baynes was a monster his last two years at Washington State though, so it’s unfair to put those expectations on Kisunas.

Baynes was a 2* recruit, for what it’s worth. Centers are the toughest to rank. Excited for this kid and Carlton.

Reaction Score
His game kind of reminds me of Celtics newbie Aron Baynes, who was also 6’10 250. Baynes was a monster his last two years at Washington State though, so it’s unfair to put those expectations on Kisunas.

Baynes was a 2* recruit, for what it’s worth. Centers are the toughest to rank. Excited for this kid and Carlton.
Tommy Heinsohn thinks Baynes is a monster also. :)

“I tell ya, I took a look at Baynes in the shower, and he looks like all of Australia,” Heinsohn said. “He is really put together.”

Heinsohn never clarified his remarks, leaving them to be interpreted by a slack-jawed audience on social media.

Baynes himself was asked about the comments Tuesday. He told ESPN’s Chris Forsberg he appreciated the compliment from the 83-year-old former Celtics player and coach — though it resulted in his wife receiving “a few texts.”

Aron Baynes on Tommy Heinsohn’s puzzling comments: ‘The Missus got a few texts’

Reaction Score
Would any of us turn down $100k for a few weeks worth of doing something you love?

Would I have to go to practice? Pretty sure I’d hang it up if I were Mek. At 35, I would have been over practice. I mean we talking about practice.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Tommy Heinsohn thinks Baynes is a monster also. :)

“I tell ya, I took a look at Baynes in the shower, and he looks like all of Australia,” Heinsohn said. “He is really put together.”

Heinsohn never clarified his remarks, leaving them to be interpreted by a slack-jawed audience on social media.

Baynes himself was asked about the comments Tuesday. He told ESPN’s Chris Forsberg he appreciated the compliment from the 83-year-old former Celtics player and coach — though it resulted in his wife receiving “a few texts.”

Aron Baynes on Tommy Heinsohn’s puzzling comments: ‘The Missus got a few texts’

Not sure what was puzzling about them.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't know if the Sixers will keep him -- probably not -- but ironically a team that could use him in the short term might be the Celtics, since the other guy mentioned in this thread (Baynes) may be sidelined for the first couple weeks of the season.

Emeka looks pretty good out there. He even swished a 13-footer.

Reaction Score

GO EMEKA!
200w_d.gif

Reaction Score
So Oak & Brimah are in the G-league, anyone else? MWilliams, Adrien, & DDaniels still kicking around?

Reaction Score
So Oak & Brimah are in the G-league, anyone else? MWilliams, Adrien, & DDaniels still kicking around?

Daniel Hamilton will be between the NBA and the G-league. Two-way contract, I believe.

Poe

Reaction Score

Marcus Williams was waived by the Kings, probably headed back to Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom