Emeka and Clingan | The Boneyard

Emeka and Clingan

Reaction Score
Here's the list of freshman bigs from 1991-2023 and where they fall in regards to those cutoffs
1674487481898.png

Reaction Score
Don't know how many more times we need to say this, but he needs more minutes. He is the most impactful player when he is on the court. It's not even a slight to Sanogo if he needs to share his minutes, DC is just that good.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nuts.

Obviously matchup dependent but idk like to see closer to a 20/20 split for AS/DC

Reaction Score
DC is an absolute BEAST, he just needs to stop fouling at such an absurd rate and he'll start to get ~20 minutes a game, matchup/flow dependent.

Prior to yesterday he committed 8 fouls in the last 21 minutes of game time and in conference play he's averaging ~7 fouls/40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Here's the list of freshman bigs from 1991-2023 and where they fall in regards to those cutoffs
View attachment 83343
What an insane table. So many of those guys had important roles on those teams and played some big minutes for freshmen too. I remember Villanueva and Boone both getting a ton of minutes (although they generally were splitting them) and playing really well.

Reaction Score
DC is an absolute BEAST, he just needs to stop fouling at such an absurd rate and he'll start to get ~20 minutes a game, matchup/flow dependent.

Prior to yesterday he committed 8 fouls in the last 21 minutes of game time and in conference play he's averaging ~7 fouls/40 minutes.
I think he committed 5-6 fouls and was called for 8. The calls on some screens have been invisible to me. Doesn't change your point but makes me feel better to say it.

Reaction Score
I think he committed 5-6 fouls and was called for 8. The calls on some screens have been invisible to me. Doesn't change your point but makes me feel better to say it.
I will say that he seems to spend a little bit longer positioning himself prior to setting his feet than a lot of guys do when setting screens. It almost seems like he tries a bit too hard to line the guy up. He's definitely been called for a few too many in my opinion though

Reaction Score

This is really important. In actuality his minutes are just right for his foul propensity and his current fitness. Not a knock on him on fitness, but if he plays the full 4+ minutes between TOs, you can really see him laboring when you pay close attention live. Ironically with either more fouls or more tired legs, his effectiveness likely drops right now. Still bodes really well for the future though…nice problem to have.

Reaction Score
Both Emeka and DC were dominant the moment they took the floor in college. Truly rare.

Emeka's mobility and athleticism made him a dominant force. For DC it's his length. Maybe that's why Emeka didn't see the same level of foul trouble.

Long-term, including the NBA, DC may prove to be the more impactful player given his size and the skill set he is developing.

Reaction Score
This is really important. In actuality his minutes are just right for his foul propensity and his current fitness. Not a knock on him on fitness, but if he plays the full 4+ minutes between TOs, you can really see him laboring when you pay close attention live. Ironically with either more fouls or more tired legs, his effectiveness likely drops right now. Still bodes really well for the future though…nice problem to have.
This just isn't true, Clingan's numbers are dominant when he plays 15+ minutes and he averages 2.1 fouls per game.

Reaction Score
Both Emeka and DC were dominant the moment they took the floor in college. Truly rare.

Emeka's mobility and athleticism made him a dominant force. For DC it's his length. Maybe that's why Emeka didn't see the same level of foul trouble.

Long-term, including the NBA, DC may prove to be the more impactful player given his size and the skill set he is developing.
Give up on the backboard and dunk it more.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sonogo needs to learn how to play at the 4.
Obviously this is the only way he even gets a sniff at the NBA
One would have thought that he would have worked on this over the past off season as he and DH alluded to last season..
I guess it was deemed not that important
Too bad because it could cost him a NBA roster spot and some $
Don't understand what those two were thinking
AS has been the second best (not including DC because that would be 3rd best) 5 in many of the NBE conference games to date.
He's important to this team but he could be at the 4 also.

Reaction Score
FWIW... I expect Clingan's foul troubles won't be an issue next year nearly as much. Right now, he knows he's going to be playing 10mpg and can go all out trying to swat shots. With an off-season putting in work with the coaches, looking at film, and improving his core strength... he'll be good for 30mpg next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom