Emanuel AME church massacre | The Boneyard

Emanuel AME church massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Total shock that something like this has happened in today's times. Prayers go . Out to the families of the fallen as well as everyone else involved.

And lets get this guy off the streets ASAP.
20150618_062145.jpg

Reaction Score
The lack of responses makes me think my total shock was over exaggerated... We still have a long way to go....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mmm, the football board and the ticket exchange board aren't really the right places to have this discussion. There is a thread in the Cesspool on it. It is about to go off the rails.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Total Shock has left my body long ago the way the world is working these days and the things I have experienced in my past.

- Guns don't kill people; people kill people. My gun has killed no one up to this point; it sits in its little carry case and lo and behold, no deaths by it.

APA

Reaction Score
People with guns kill people. People with knives, not so much.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I can't imagine why anyone is in total shock over a shooting "in today's times." There are over 300 million people in this country. 1 or 2 people are going to fly off the rails and make national headlines with a shooting like this every year. It's sad that that's the case, but there's not really much that can be done to prevent 0.000005% of the population from doing things like this.

In any event, this thread doesn't stand a chance of remaining a civil discussion and probably belongs in the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Total shock that something like this has happened in today's times. Prayers go . Out to the families of the fallen as well as everyone else involved.

And lets get this guy off the streets ASAP. View attachment 9815
Guy has been caught...eery thing about this senseless shooting...on June 18, 2007 9 Charleston Firefighters died in a fire at the Sofa Super Store in Highway 17. Some of the members of the Charleston FD who responded to that fatal fire responded to this shooting and rendered aid to the victims.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
People with guns kill people. People with knives, not so much.
Are more people killed by people with knives or people with cars? Curious if you know?

Reaction Score
Are more people killed by people with knives or people with cars? Curious if you know?
Don't be stupid, you can't outlaw cars. Guns need much tougher restrictions, way too available.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Don't be stupid, you can't outlaw cars. Guns need much tougher restrictions, way too available.

When I was in London, there was a stabbing/murder of a young man over a random argument. This story took over the news cycle. There was shock. Disbelief. Sermons that society was going down the toilet. etc.

The only thing I found shocking was that a murder would be shocking. In London, there were 2 teenage murders by shooting in all of 2014.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Name calling - you lose - Boneyard rule 6.573.2

I never suggested outlawing cars...I was commenting on the gentleman's claim the peoples with knives, not so much. I figured he had statistics.

I don't know anyone outside of the Marine Corps that has ever been shot but three weeks ago a 16 year old pimple faced kid, with 2 others kids in the car, which is illegal in the State of Ct, crossed the center line and killed 1 and injured 2, one of them critical. All fine members of the Bristol Elks. Cars don't kill - people do. He was in control of the car the same way someone is in control of a gun - but to each their own.

I know more people that have been affected by Motor vehicles than guns, knives, Chinese stars and other weapons combined. I am not saying outlaw cars, I am advocating removing people from using cars, the same way I would with guns.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
When I was in London, there was a stabbing/murder of a young man over a random argument. This story took over the news cycle. There was shock. Disbelief. Sermons that society was going down the toilet. etc.

The only thing I found shocking was that a murder would be shocking. In London, there were 2 teenage murders by shooting in all of 2014.

I thought guns were illegal in London?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I thought guns were illegal in London?

They are. In 2012, there were zero teens murdered by guns in London. At the same time in Chicago, a city about 1/3 the size, there were over 500.

BTW, that is more than the total number of Marines killed in 13 years of fighting in Afghanistan.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
They are. In 2012, there were zero teens murdered by guns in London. At the same time in Chicago, a city about 1/3 the size, there were over 500.

BTW, that is more than the total number of Marines killed in 13 years of fighting in Afghanistan.

ummm...In London, there were 2 teenage murders by shooting in all of 2014 - how does that happen if guns are illegal? My point exactly, ban it and that doesn't mean it goes away...

http://www.juancole.com/2014/05/murders-firearm-england.html - 30 total murders by gun in England 2014 - a country where firearms are ILLEGAL.

I know, no need to answer, but making something illegal never ends it ...Heroin, guns, pot. I say start by banning guns in Baltimore and Chicago and let me know how that works out...Im sure ALL the legal guns owners will turn their weapons over and the illegal owners of guns will not.

APA

Reaction Score
Name calling - you lose - Boneyard rule 6.573.2

I never suggested outlawing cars...I was commenting on the gentleman's claim the peoples with knives, not so much. I figured he had statistics.

I don't know anyone outside of the Marine Corps that has ever been shot but three weeks ago a 16 year old pimple faced kid, with 2 others kids in the car, which is illegal in the State of Ct, crossed the center line and killed 1 and injured 2, one of them critical. All fine members of the Bristol Elks. Cars don't kill - people do. He was in control of the car the same way someone is in control of a gun - but to each their own.

I know more people that have been affected by Motor vehicles than guns, knives, Chinese stars and other weapons combined. I am not saying outlaw cars, I am advocating removing people from using cars, the same way I would with guns.
Just doing a quick search, here are some numbers: From 2000-2008, Gun deaths in the US were 86,000. Knife deaths were 16,500. In 2010, gun deaths were 8,775 and knife deaths were 1,704. A consistent ratio of 5-1. So, yeah, knife deaths are much less than gun deaths. As we all knew anyway.

Reaction Score
ummm...In London, there were 2 teenage murders by shooting in all of 2014 - how does that happen if guns are illegal? My point exactly, ban it and that doesn't mean it goes away...

http://www.juancole.com/2014/05/murders-firearm-england.html - 30 total murders by gun in England 2014 - a country where firearms are ILLEGAL.

I know, no need to answer, but making something illegal never ends it ...Heroin, guns, pot. I say start by banning guns in Baltimore and Chicago and let me know how that works out...Im sure ALL the legal guns owners will turn their weapons over and the illegal owners of guns will not.

2 guns murders of teenagers in a city with the size and density of London, and take that as an indication the gun ban isn't working?? So in order for a ban/restriction to work it has to produce no murders. Damn that is a tough standard.

Reaction Score
MilliniumPrince said:
2 guns murders of teenagers in a city with the size and density of London, and take that as an indication the gun ban isn't working?? So in order for a ban/restriction to work it has to produce no murders. Damn that is a tough standard.

It works because guns were ways banned there. It can't work in a place where there are already tons of guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom