Elsewhere on Fri 12/8 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Elsewhere on Fri 12/8

Reaction Score
I heard that he was offered but he turned USC down.

I don't know if he was even looked at for the Florida job.

Very surprising that he hasn't been poached by a bigger fish.

Oh right duh , Butler is out at Fla.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
OSU pulled it off. FGCU over Kentucky is a mild upset, OSU over UCLA is at least a significant upset.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
OSU pulled it off. FGCU over Kentucky is a mild upset, OSU over UCLA is at least a significant upset.
Can't say I'm shocked about the UCLA loss. Oklahoma State gave Mississippi State all it could handle in Starkville, and plays a style that gives UCLA trouble. Plus, it was UCLA's first true road game of the season, and they've looked varying degrees of flat ever since the UConn game.

Reaction Score
Much talk about Azura Stevens and Jess Shepard as impact transfers this season but Loryn Goodwin for Ok State has had maybe the biggest impact. She had 29 points in the 10 point loss to the Lady Vols, 35 points in the 3 point loss to Miss State and a 27 point performance versus UCLA tonight. I believe she was a top 100 recruit out of Cypress Falls, TX. She was FOY in the Sun Belt for North Texas, All Big East HM at Butler, Newcomer of the Year at UTSA in Conference USA as well as first team pick. She is now likely to win some accolades at OK State because she has been dynamite for the Cowgirls.

OK State is much better than expected. They have size that can play inside and out and now a very good point guard to go along with solid depth.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
2:23 to go 4Q, Oklahoma State 80 UCLA 69

sad bear.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I agree Florida Gulf Coast is a decent mid-major but Kentucky is a ranked team. Sorry, this doesn't pass the eye test.
FGCU was ranked 6 in the mid-major ranking ESPN does so they are more than 'decent' - they have beaten DePaul this year to go along with today's win.
And SEC teams are very very inconsistent when they leave home. Most of the rankings at the moment are a bit soft. To date Kentucky's one claim to fame is losing to Baylor by only 27 which is only 4 points worse than unranked Georgia Tech did against Baylor.

The cream of the mid-majors are making some noise this season and Green Bay is ranked.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Egads, terrible shooting for UCLA. Around 35% from the field and 3-19 from 3 point range. Looks like Canada got almost no help from her teammates. She had 28 pts (11-23 FG, much better than team average for the game) 7 rebounds 7 assists. Pac 12 continues to collectively not live up to expectations so far this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Egads, terrible shooting for UCLA. Around 35% from the field and 3-19 from 3 point range. Looks like Canada got almost no help from her teammates. She had 28 pts (11-23 FG, much better than team average for the game) 7 rebounds 7 assists. Pac 12 continues to collectively not live up to expectations so far this year.
Yeah, kinda disappointing. UCLA has been a great team at Pauley but susceptible to weak moments on the road. Last year they lost at Wazzu and Cal. Now at Stillwater.

UCLA had a terrible first quarter and Billings picked up two early fouls. They made it close and came within 3 points in 4Q but never fully recovered from the awful start.

Kennedy Burke with a nightmare 5-of-21 shooting day.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can't say I'm shocked about the UCLA loss. Oklahoma State gave Mississippi State all it could handle in Starkville, and plays a style that gives UCLA trouble. Plus, it was UCLA's first true road game of the season, and they've looked varying degrees of flat ever since the UConn game.

After Duke dispatched of Oregon State and then Ohio State, I kinda wished that Oklahoma State was on the schedule :p I saw a little of the game vs Miss State... they (Okie State) looked like a good club. I guess they will battle with WVU for 3rd place in the Big 12. Too bad I cant watch them more often.... I dont have Fox Sports.

Where have you been, my friend???

Welcome back! I've missed you and the adorable memes.

dap.gif

Reaction Score
Much talk about Azura Stevens and Jess Shepard as impact transfers this season but Loryn Goodwin for Ok State has had maybe the biggest impact. She had 29 points in the 10 point loss to the Lady Vols, 35 points in the 3 point loss to Miss State and a 27 point performance versus UCLA tonight. I believe she was a top 100 recruit out of Cypress Falls, TX. She was FOY in the Sun Belt for North Texas, All Big East HM at Butler, Newcomer of the Year at UTSA in Conference USA as well as first team pick. She is now likely to win some accolades at OK State because she has been dynamite for the Cowgirls.

This is her FOURTH school??

Plebe

Reaction Score

OK State is much better than expected. They have size that can play inside and out and now a very good point guard to go along with solid depth.
Just a very picky correction: Goodwin is from Cypress, TX (her high school was Cypress Falls High School).

Oklahoma State is good at playing giant-killer at home. Two years ago they were the only team to defeat Baylor in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Just a very picky correction: Goodwin is from Cypress, TX (her high school was Cypress Falls High School).

Oklahoma State is good at playing giant-killer at home. Two years ago they were the only team to defeat Baylor in the regular season.

Thank you for the correction!

Ok State has usually been guard dominant and as mentioned before they have a great lead guard this year but they now have skilled bigs and depth at the forward spots. Them and WVU are much better than I thought they would be this season. WVU obviously was ranked coming in but they have been strong so far despite not having their best player yet in Tynice Martin.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thank you for the correction!

Ok State has usually been guard dominant and as mentioned before they have a great lead guard this year but they now have skilled bigs and depth at the forward spots. Them and WVU are much better than I thought they would be this season. WVU obviously was ranked coming in but they have been strong so far despite not having their best player yet in Tynice Martin.
All true. I think that Tennessee's win over Oklahoma State will ultimately be more valuable (to the selection committee) than the Marquette win. I watched them give Mississippi State all sorts of problems, and that was in Starkville. Goodwin is the real deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom