Elmore and Patrick | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Elmore and Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
UConn fouled a shooter who was falling backward. The SMU guy was about 3 feet inside the arc.

Elmore called the foul stupid for fouling a three point shooter. Called it a cardinal sin.

Never corrected himslef even after the shooter shot 2 foul shots.

Reaction Score
It's give and take as fans with Patrick. I mean he was wetting his pants over Nic Moore whenever possible, but we don't need to go all that far back to listening him discuss the likes of kemba, Bazz and Boat in the same context. Other teams fans were probably rolling their eyes then so it is what it is. While neither of these guys do tons of homework they make the game enjoyable nonetheless and aren't all that tough to listen to at all. As others said it's better than whomever and Tim Welsh. Elmore was one of the good ones back in the day and now is a bit off on the detail of the players, but still on cue about game reference most of the time.

Reaction Score
After Jalen got finished making 3/3 free throws, one of them said something along the lines of "Adams goes a perfect 2 for 2 from the line." Hard to believe that these guys are that clueless, but they are.

Patrick jinxed Hamilton as he went to shoot a 1 and 1, "you're not going to get THIS guy missing many free throws, coming to the line as the best Husky free throw shooter". He missed the freethrow, the next trip down was another Hamilton FT and Patrick once again tried to jinx him, it was like "well he's REALLY not going to miss these two now....", he made the shots but I was furious, don't point out how you jinxed him and then try to do it again

Reaction Score
People on here hate on Bilas and Dicky V all the time

I'm not sure you could group together two more dissimilar commentators.

Bilas is clever, witty, and calls it like it is. Most people here like Bilas and appreciate what he brings to a broadcast. Bilas was also the one calling out NCAA hypocrisy and touting us as unquestionably blue blood, the capital of college basketball after we won both men's and women's titles in 2014.

Dickie V is all schtick, can't get through a broadcast without dook, and is about 10 years past his expiration date. He is insufferable and is rightly lampooned by most on this board.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I don't like Elmore because it drives me bonkers when they replay a bad call, and Len twists himself into a knot to pretend that the video doesn't clearly dispute the call.....

This. 100% this. That drives me up the wall with him. It's like its written into his DNA that he can't disagree with an official's call.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys are the biggest whiners on earth. About 80% of the conversation was on UCONN last night and it was huge for us nationally, being on ESPN2 in primetime. I don't care what Patrick was talking about, he has a good presence in the booth and touted us as a tournament team. End of story.
This is the most pathetic, content wth being mediocre attitude I've ever read.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Now we can't hate announcers? The thought police around here need to find a day job. I'm old school: Every ref sucks, every announcer and member of the press is out to get us, and Coach K, Coach Boheim, and Calapari all suck. :D

Reaction Score

Bilas is clever, witty, and calls it like it is. Most people here like Bilas and appreciate what he brings to a broadcast. Bilas was also the one calling out NCAA hypocrisy and touting us as unquestionably blue blood, the capital of college basketball after we won both men's and women's titles in 2014.

Dickie V is all schtick, can't get through a broadcast without dook, and is about 10 years past his expiration date. He is insufferable and is rightly lampooned by most on this board.
The one thing I don't like about Bilas and I'll admit it is that everything he says is so matter-of-fact as if he cannot be wrong. Not a big thing but he just seems kind of full of himself

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Couldn't agree more. Bilas in a class by himself IMO. Always seems objective to me with a lot of insight and sense of humor. Dick V just makes me nauseous when I hear his voice. I remember Billy Packer who was always a shill for the ACC but DV takes the Dook, NC and whole ACC thing to another level. Just my opinion. Speaking of getting some respect; here is an article from Saturday Dallas Morning News: Tolbert referred to the UConn program as "legendary". Good article. Have to give the kids credit for their hard
play despite NCAA lockout.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ds-win-clash-uconn-get-momentum-rolling-agian

Reaction Score
There are definitely ignorant slobs who hate on Vitale on here, but who talks trash about Bilas?
I may have been mistaken on the Bilas though. I probably mixed them up about being Duke homers, which I know Bilas isn't really, i think i just got them mixed up. My initial point was just that I think alot of times we complain too much about officiating and announcing. I didn't find anything wrong with either last game, I don't really mind the announcers in most games either, sometimes the refereeing is really bad, but it's usually mutual

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I miss Gus Johnson even if he only called only a few games now and then. I'll watch games on fox just to hear his calls.

Reaction Score
Also, at the end of the interview, KO said to them "we'll see you guys again soon!" revealing to me how frequently we have Elmore and Patrick as our game crew. This got me thinking... these guys are older commentators, likely near the end of their run, do they live in CT at this point and just demand to not travel far for games? They might just be our official crew because they want to call games in the state of CT, and that's why we're stuck with them
Elmore lives in NYC. Patrick lives in Northern Virginia.

Reaction Score
Elmore lives in NYC. Patrick lives in Northern Virginia.

Sweet sassy molassy, well that's not the answer then

thanks for the info by the way, and Patrick must have a sidepiece in Connecticut right? Do you think he flies in and out right after every game, that would get very tiring

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Every team's fans complain about almost every announcer. I'm grateful the game was on ESPN2 amd not CPTV.
You got that right. I clearly recall Yards of old pasting Dick Vitale constantly. Easy to see 3 different threads on Vitale. He used to get trashed. Until he landed in the hospital with throat problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom