Elliot (Rich) and Hartley | The Boneyard

Elliot (Rich) and Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HIghly recommend Elliot's article (see Nan's "Blogs" et al). Other than many of Coach's appealing personal characteristics (to me: these include humor, teaching the team to value our nation's history and display respect etc) and his great and well-ducumented coaching strengths, this article brings some new and, for me, VERY exciting insights about him. It focuses on his: a) willingness to CHANGE and modify his approach b) at least implicitly, it suggests that he might be realizing that he might not REALLY know what, for every player on the floor, is the EXACT "right " move is at any given moment of a very fast-moving and fluid sport c) and it tells us that he is getting it that imparting CONFIDENCE (realistic confidence) to his players can be every bit as important as teaching them the key fundamentals, offenses, and defenses. MUSIC to my ears....and if all this is so, look out Baylor, ND, Stanford and everybody else. Hard for me to rank order the importance of these in his maturation, because all seem so very significant.

HARTLEY: I thought the last game was her most impressive overall in her three years. Only took about six shots.....but MADE the ones she took.....and handed out more assists than shots taken (I would guess that is surely a first for her....prob in her entire career at all levels, thought I don't have the data).....rebounded effectively and importantly....got steals.,...made some terrific passes.....played and part of the team. And, look at the end result: we put up over 100 points for one of the few times this year (and without Banks, even)......members of the team were commenting on how well the ball was moving, etc. Again, if she plays like this (I have no problem with her taking as many truly OPEN shots as she has, so long as she, at the same time, is focused on involving her teammates and keeping the ball MOVING, other than dribbling it), look out Baylor, ND, Stanford and everybody else. Am pumped (still away, but we've caught all the games so far). A very Happy Valentines Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom